What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

There's a map of all their store locations on their Wikipedia page. The bulk of their locations appear to be in the south east area of PA, Jersey and Delaware. And you're right, they don't appear to go farther South than VA.

Western PA people, think Sheetz but I think the food is a little better.

Tried making spaghetti squash for the first time tonight.  I've resisted the hype because I love me some carbs and found it obnoxious that people were using it for Atkins-type reasons, but I finally got curious enough to give it a whirl after seeing a recipe for spaghetti squash lo mein.  I roasted the squash in the oven before combining with the other veggies and sauce, and was thoroughly amused by the fact that it does actually look like noodles after cooking.  The flavor is definitely different from pasta, but it's a nice change of pace, and the roasting brought out more flavor.  An interesting and tasty way to make me eat more veggies, although I doubt it's something I'll make on a weekly basis.

• 3 weeks later...

Tries Sahlens dogs last night for the first time. Not a bad weiner. My wife mentioned she didn't like the texture of the case. I didnt like the 7 pack they came in.

The 7 pack is so stupid. I end up buying the big package and bagging them up in quantities of 8 and putting them in the freezer. 

Tries Sahlens dogs last night for the first time. Not a bad weiner. My wife mentioned she didn't like the texture of the case. I didnt like the 7 pack they came in.

ink-ologists are furiously studying this post to extract the true meaning of it.

If you can find Smiths hotdogs, I like them better than zweigls, or Sahlens. Being born and raised in NW Pa, they were a staple of picnics and get togethers while growing up..... chronologically.

Speaking of hotdogs, a friend offered up some samples from a Newfoundland moose he'd shot last fall.......... 

Moosedogs with diced jalapeno and cheese in a natural casing..... excellent.

Next up is a sirloin tip roast.

I've always been a fan of Hebrew National dogs but then again I'm circumcised.

Me too. I eat maybe two hot dogs a year, but I get those. I believe the marketing hype that they don't use everything from rooter to tooter, and that a Rabbi oversees the whole process. It's all supervised!

Me too. I eat maybe two hot dogs a year, but I get those. I believe the marketing hype that they don't use everything from rooter to tooter, and that a Rabbi oversees the whole process. It's all supervised!

We'll maybe it is but someone who works with Rabbi's to produce Kosher food, they aren't around that much. Most of the processes we use far surpass the Kosher standard, although I do not work in a business as nefarious as the meat packing industry. I think "The Jungle" went a long way to rectify those issues.

Edited by inkman

I've always been a fan of Hebrew National dogs but then again I'm circumcised.

There's a really good reason why they do this after child birth and not as an adult. After watching my only son get cut, I'm not sure I'd have done it to my 2nd one.

Costco dogs are my favorite now. Can't get Sahlens here, the Hebrew dogs are good also but not worth the hefty price.

I'm not a fan of Sahlens casings either.  Zweigel's were like a god send when we moved here.  Zweigel's white hots are my favorite right now.

If you can find Smiths hotdogs, I like them better than zweigls, or Sahlens. Being born and raised in NW Pa, they were a staple of picnics and get togethers while growing up..... chronologically.

Speaking of hotdogs, a friend offered up some samples from a Newfoundland moose he'd shot last fall.......... 

Moosedogs with diced jalapeno and cheese in a natural casing..... excellent.

Next up is a sirloin tip roast.

You must supply samples.  Home dogs AND moose weiners.

Hot dogs with no pork in them are not hot dogs.

That is all.

And this.  Very much this.

Oh, and call me unAmerican, but I'll take a brat any day over a hot dog.  There was a European meat market up on rt 104 somewhere in easternmost Niagara County that made the best brats I've ever sunk teeth into.  Damned if I can remember the name of the place.  I have no idea if it still exists.

I got turned on to banana pancakes. One mashed banana and two eggs mixed together with a pinch of baking powder. Makes about four small "pancakes." Surprisingly they turn out like real pancakes (though they are a little trickier to flip). They taste a little like french toast. If the banana is ripe enough, they turn out pretty sweet, so you could just go with fresh fruit on top and make it even healthier. I went with butter and maple syrup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.