What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Pork loin doesnt need alot of rub. Grilling it won't develop a bark so there is no point in a thick rub. Give it the equivalent of a heavy seasoning and let it marinate in that for a few hours instead.

Looks good JJ!

I do pork loin about once a month. Just rubbed up with a little salt, pepper and Italian seasoning. When there's about 10 minutes of cook time left I brush on a cranberry sauce made from a can of cranberries mixed on the stove with some cranberry juice, then it doubles as a drizzle sauce once the pork is on your plate.

You just made me want to make it on the grill, just as soon as the weather here permits it.

Thanks we've. I'll try that too!

Thanks! It's all good because you made me want a ribeye after your post about searing one. B-)

That's what I'm looking for, good word for it. A nice crusty bark. Grilling it on high heat gives it a nice bark and hold in the moisture, I need to be careful when turning it not to puncture the bark. It still leaves a decent crust but nothing like a brisket. But it does add great flavor if I let it sit for a while. Especially when you rub the center before tying to the pieces together. The cranberry sauce sounds intriguing, is it thick like a glaze? I like marinades too, but I leave those for the chops.

We did hotdogs on the grill yesterday. I couldn't wait till today.

We took our first walk of the spring around the neighborhood today. The sun feels glorious.

My hood is still too muddy and washed out for walks, but it was definitely an awesome day. And tomorrow is deadline day on my day off! I'm thinking ribs on the grill!

It's a gas station in Jersey. They have them scattered about eastern Pennsylvania as well.

https://www.wawa.com/

I think I knew that. Maybe it's a local/regional thing, but I've definitely heard Wal-Mart called Wa Wa. You're basically making fun of how someone with Mountain Dew mouth would say it.

Wawa was founded in Wawa, PA as a bottled milk concern and has expanded a lot in recent years. Wawa is a Native American work for "goose", which you see in the logo. I know they're as far south as Norfolk, VA, but I don't know if they're gone further than that. They make a decent sub and have cheap gas and free ATMs.

Wawa was founded in Wawa, PA as a bottled milk concern and has expanded a lot in recent years. Wawa is a Native American work for "goose", which you see in the logo. I know they're as far south as Norfolk, VA, but I don't know if they're gone further than that. They make a decent sub and have cheap gas and free ATMs.

There's a map of all their store locations on their Wikipedia page. The bulk of their locations appear to be in the south east area of PA, Jersey and Delaware. And you're right, they don't appear to go farther South than VA.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.