What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Pork loin doesnt need alot of rub. Grilling it won't develop a bark so there is no point in a thick rub. Give it the equivalent of a heavy seasoning and let it marinate in that for a few hours instead.

Bark. That and the smoke are the key missing attributes from crock pot and other versions of pulled pork that would send NC natives into convulsions.

They are damn serious about their pork barbeque in these here parts. Don't even begin to get them started on the vinegar vs. Ketchup based BBQ sauce debate.

Bark. That and the smoke are the key missing attributes from crock pot and other versions of pulled pork that would send NC natives into convulsions.

They are damn serious about their pork barbeque in these here parts. Don't even begin to get them started on the vinegar vs. Ketchup based BBQ sauce debate.

Vinegar :thumbdown:

Tomato :thumbsup:

Vinegar :thumbdown:

Tomato :thumbsup:

Raleigh Durham and east is vinegar. Tomato based starts West of here into Tennessee. I have to admit the vinegar sauce has grown on me over the years, and now I buy hot vinegar BBQ sauce by the case from my favorite local joint. My friends and family in Buffalo don't let me come home without it.

Raleigh Durham and east is vinegar. Tomato based starts West of here into Tennessee. I have to admit the vinegar sauce has grown on me over the years, and now I buy hot vinegar BBQ sauce by the case from my favorite local joint. My friends and family in Buffalo don't let me come home without it.

I actually don't mind it, I ate it a few times when I was visiting NC a bunch of years ago and it does seem to grow on you.

What beer do I want to drink tonight?

Also, what do I want for dinner tonight?

I'll be drinking at least one Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye, and my wife is making fajitas. We're trying out some Tex-mex Jackfruit I found at Wegmans.

I think I could live on a diet of bark, beer, and bourbon.

Of all the things I miss about Buffalo, the local fish fry is near, if not at, the top of the list.

I'm about 40 minutes away from the outer ring of 'burbs, and I miss the Buffalo area fish fries.  They just don't get them right here.

It's even hard to find a good one in Rochester. There's a place in Rush I like but I really wish I could just go up to the ol' church on the corner and get one, ya know? 

There is a line right about Clarence.  East of it, thar be no good fries.

If all goes well on Monday, I may be getting my Friday fish fry at lunch in the place you aren't mentioning.

I'm about 40 minutes away from the outer ring of 'burbs, and I miss the Buffalo area fish fries.  They just don't get them right here.

There is a line right about Clarence.  East of it, thar be no good fries.

If all goes well on Monday, I may be getting my Friday fish fry at lunch in the place you aren't mentioning.

Rush Creekside Inn? 

I was surprised too when I moved here. Once upon a time I was a 3rd degree Knight in WNY, but I haven't been involved here. AFAIK they don't have brick and mortar councils here like they have all over WNY.

I would have never guessed,

I don't know why, but I really enjoy drinking beer out of a wine or martini glass. Tonight, it's a wine glass.

I guess it's because it makes me feel fancy.

Belgian beers and wine glasses.....

Edited by We've

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.