What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

Dinner party tomorrow evening

Appetizers are a simple cheese and sausage plate and prosciutto and gruyere filled crescent rolls

roasted squash soup with chipotle and brown sugar

Bone in pork rib roast crusted with crushed black pepper and rosemary, served with a cherry pan sauce reduction

Twice baked potatoes

Old school green bean casserole

Dessert is creme brule.

the booze will flow.

We eat because we're sad.

I believe it. I've tried throughout this year to go on a strict vegan diet. I can do it for awhile, but I find it impossible to sustain because of the lack of psychological pleasure. I'm back to a realistic approach of eating mostly healthy with some naughty stuff in moderation.

To wit, back on topic, I made a vegetarian chili yesterday, but mixed up the beans to include black eyed peas, white beans, traditional kidney beans, pink beans and some garbanzos. It was great, but I had to toss in the sharp cheddar chunks.

home made bread and butter, with old cheddar from the cheese factory , toasted and melted, with some sliced dill pickles and a Molson Canadian Tall Boy... this in barn office this being only place to watch football game as ladies have wrested control of house tv....

This is why I love you..........

You could just as easily have put this in the Awesome thread...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.