What are you eating (or drinking)?

Weave

How is that reds apple ale stuff that they flooding the airwaveswith?

My friends girlfriend drinks it....she also drinks miller light so there ya go. But to be fair, Miller light is the only beer in north east pensyltucky.

Tried Turkish Delight for the first time today (got a box as part of a Middle Eastern food gift set), and I'm not a fan. Maybe another flavor would've been okay, but it was rose flavor so it felt like I was eating gelatinized perfume. Blech.

Tried Turkish Delight for the first time today (got a box as part of a Middle Eastern food gift set), and I'm not a fan. Maybe another flavor would've been okay, but it was rose flavor so it felt like I was eating gelatinized perfume. Blech.

That sounds absolutely terrible.

This is the only way to have lokum. Preferably at a small cafe in Sarajevo's old Turkish quarter.

Like this ...

post-3401-0-51983400-1372076703_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS

It really was. I tried a second piece just to make sure, and it was just as gross as the first one. I'd take it in to work, but I suspect it would be ill-received, lol.

This is the only way to have lokum. Preferably at a small cafe in Sarajevo's old Turkish quarter.

Like this ...

post-3401-0-51983400-1372076703_thumb.jpg

Nice! I think a fruit flavor would've been okay, but I've never liked floral scents, and I guess now I know I definitely don't like floral flavors, either! I can't get on board with lychee for the same reason. My bf lived in Turkey for a bit so there's a chance he'll eat it... I just hate wasting food!

Edited by biodork

Saranac beers suck. I don't know why I keep giving them a second chance.

It all tastes like syrup.

I'd swear they brew one beer and then add something, perhaps syrup, to make the various options. That's hard to believe with some of the newer varieties but they all kind of taste the same.

If your father drinks hard cider than you have two mothers.

Cider's fine, but not the sweet stuff that's most popular (there's no accounting for taste). You just have to watch out for the way the alcohol hits you, and the hangover the next day.

It really was. I tried a second piece just to make sure, and it was just as gross as the first one. I'd take it in to work, but I suspect it would be ill-received, lol.

Don't you think that your favorite coworker would eat it?

Edited by nobody

I'd swear they brew one beer and then add something, perhaps syrup, to make the various options. That's hard to believe with some of the newer varieties but they all kind of taste the same.

Cider's fine, but not the sweet stuff that's most popular (there's no accounting for taste). You just have to watch out for the way the alcohol hits you, and the hangover the next day.

Any particular brands you favor? I like Angry Orchard better than the others I've tried; Woodchuck is definitely too sweet.

Don't you think that your favorite cowoker would eat it?

lol perhaps, but (thankfully) he's been largely away from the lab the last few weeks, and should be gone for good after July 31st. :D

Any particular brands you favor? I like Angry Orchard better than the others I've tried; Woodchuck is definitely too sweet.

I don't drink it too often, but I did a few times in England. Woodpicker (substitue e for i) is pretty good, but I don't know if I've seen in here.

Edited by MattPie

I don't drink it too often, but I did a few times in England. Woodpicker (substitue e for i) is pretty good, but I don't know if I've seen in here.

lol I'd mentally substituted a different synonym for the #####, but that works, too. ;)

Went to a new place on Kenmore Ave this morning called the Howling Rooster Cafe. The wife had some very tasty Eggs Benedict and I has something called the Roo-ben Omelet which was a omelet made with all the ingredients of a classic Reuben. Everything tasted really fresh and homemade. I have no association to this place other that i would like to see it stick around for a while, good breakfast is hard to find.

Here is a Yelp review" http://www.yelp.com/biz/howling-rooster-cafe-buffalo

Went to a new place on Kenmore Ave this morning called the Howling Rooster Cafe. The wife had some very tasty Eggs Benedict and I has something called the Roo-ben Omelet which was a omelet made with all the ingredients of a classic Reuben. Everything tasted really fresh and homemade. I have no association to this place other that i would like to see it stick around for a while, good breakfast is hard to find.

Here is a Yelp review" http://www.yelp.com/...er-cafe-buffalo

There has been a diner in that building for years, correct? I lived right around the corner from there when I was at UB.

lol perhaps, but (thankfully) he's been largely away from the lab the last few weeks, and should be gone for good after July 31st. :D

My ex left her Angry Orchard in the fridge. When I ran out of my beer the other day, I had no choice...all 12 of them were awful...I really don't like cider.

My ex left her Angry Orchard in the fridge. When I ran out of my beer the other day, I had no choice...all 12 of them were awful...I really don't like cider.

lol I think I like them because I don't like beer!

Ithaca Flower Power IPA at some bar in Philly. It's very good, not great.

My ranking of breweries to drink at in Philly (that I've been to):

- Philadelphia Brewing Company: good beer. It's not a brew-pub or even a bar per se, just a room with a bar and tables that the serve at. Hours are kinda random. Probably need a vehicle to get there.

- Triumph Brewing Company: Also good, but not great beer. Much more of a restaurant/brew-pub feel to it, and it's a pretty cool space. Chesnut St between 1st and 2nd streets, Old City. Only a few blocks from the historical stuff.

- Nodding Head: their beer is kinda different, I haven't decided if it's good or not. Some interesting combinations, nice pub-style space. Sansom St around 13th, Center City. Not far from City Hall and the Suburban Station train stop.

- Manayunk Brewing Company: Probably the best beer and space of the three, but Manayunk, while in the City Limits, is a few miles from the rest of the downtown neighborhoods. Kelly Drive to get there is really pretty, and Manayunk is a cool area. Also, Manayunk is "Indian" for "Place where we drink", or so I've heard.

- Victory Brewing Company (at Xfinity Live): I haven't been there, but it's Victory. Xfinitiy live is something like a mall food court but with bars, from what I can tell. It's often packed during sporting events, as it's quite literally in the middle of the sports stadiums on Broad St.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yesterday I only went to McGillins, had their 1860 IPA that was nice and I don't remember the bar where I had Flower Power as I was pretty far gone after the BNA8 party. I'm sure that I'll end up hitting some of the places on your list before Saturday. Will report back.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.