Regier Looking to Deal: LeBrun

HopefulFuture

Wuh? My memory of him was getting beaten on in front of the net and scoring most of his goals from his knees because he got knocked down so much. Maybe you meant he didn't hit people but that is much different from being a physical player.

I personally wouldn't mind a Goose 30 pounds heavier in front of the net.

Andreychuk could be moved, but it was ineffectual tactic mostly because of his reach and his great hands. You could move him a yard or two out of the crease, but unless you tied up his stick he could still beat you - especially on rebounds. His bread and butter position was the middle slot on the PP.

He was never a hitter. He moved like a log floating down a river and I have a hard time recalling him ever touching anyone in anger. He probably scored more 3rd and 4th rebound goals than anyone in league history.

Don't worry about the title, it's all good, worry about the fact that Regier is still our GM

I agree completely ... hence my "raspberry" emoticon. I wasn't the one that psted about the title. I was responding to that post ... :P .

The board was pretty slow last night due to that boring NFL game and posters were having some fun.

Not only has he filled in his potential, due to necessity he's been put on lines his talent has no business putting him on. I give him credit for getting everything he possibly can out of his God given gifts. It sure has made him a nice living.

Don't give him credit, give Ruff credit.

Shhh. Did. I say that out loud?

Good call, both of you. And other than crapping the bed in the Lucic-Miller debacle, he's generally shown up for his teammates during his career here. He was the Sabres' best forward vs. Philly in the playoffs last year.

I'm fine with auctioning him off at the deadline if they can get a 2nd-round pick or better for him, but I'd also be fine with bringing him back for his current salary or less.

I personally wouldn't mind a Goose 30 pounds heavier in front of the net.

That would be a player who would be too slow and wouldn't score enough to stick in the NHL.

Goose is a 4th line center who plays about 10 games a year that make you believe he is a 3rd line center. I have no problem trading him at the deadline for a 2nd or a good prospect, and if they want to being him back next season for a salary around 1.5 mil fine. If not, good luck with your new team.

Gaustad's natural position was always center. If he stuck to what he was natural at he wouldn't be in the NHL.

He had to work like hell to skate well enough to stick. That included losing body fat.

I'm no expert on the matter....but I spent a season watching him with the Winterhawks.

He's gotten the most out of the talent he has.

So my .02.

X,

I lived out in Portland in 2002 and regularly attended Winter Hawks games. I remember thinking there was no way in hell Goose would make it in the NHL since he was an awful skater. I do remember him being the 'hawks team captain and a reasonable power play scorer. But it is a shock that he ever made it to the league as you said. On another note, the guy from that team I though woud tear up the NHL was Joseph Balej... and he never amounted to anything. Good thing I don't work as a scout! :)

I know this is taboo in typical trade discussion threads, but a buddy of mine posted on his facebook that he read that Dustin Brown from the kings was being persued by the Sabres and they were making a real push to acquire him. His source? Hockeybuzz.

I laughed. That will be the day... :rolleyes:

I know this is taboo in typical trade discussion threads, but a buddy of mine posted on his facebook that he read that Dustin Brown from the kings was being persued by the Sabres and they were making a real push to acquire him. His source? Hockeybuzz.

I laughed. That will be the day... :rolleyes:

The Sabs have been trying to grab Brown for several years ...... so it really isn't news.....

The Sabs have been trying to grab Brown for several years ...... so it really isn't news.....

Oh i'm aware - believe me. I just wanted to share how one of my less knowlegable friends got his panties in a bunch thinking we were getting Brown. and then cited hockeybuzz as his source :wallbash:

how in the world could stafford generate any interest from the bruins? other than the fact they could get him for a 6th round pick

1) Nathan Horton's concussion issues.

2) Said it before, say it again: never underestimate the ego of coaches and GMs. There's always somebody who thinks they can turn a guy around. And frankly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Stafford flourished in an environment like the Bruins have.

“@hsimon62: if you missed the juicy rumors, a columnist in Boston suggested the Bruins would be interested in stafford”

It's not such a bad idea for them actually. And if the B's can't make him the player we wish he was, then we'll know it wasn't just us.

2) Said it before, say it again: never underestimate the ego of coaches and GMs. There's always somebody who thinks they can turn a guy around. And frankly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Stafford flourished in an environment like the Bruins have.

Point two has a lot of merit. Then I could feel bad about Stafford and Paille in a Bruins uniform.

Exactly. But if they're offering a 6th, we need to demand at least a 5th, seeing as the Bruins could finish the season as Cup champs.

Wait...you feel bad about Paille being a Bruin? He's a former 1st round pick who's just good enough to be a 4th liner in the NHL.

\

It was really more of a flippant comment, lamenting the fact that Stafford might play better hockey with those surroundings. I certainly tink Palle could play on our fourth line. I'd have to know his cap hit and what we got weith the draft pick to be serious about it. Maybe I'll go look it up. I'd hate to see Stafdford turn it around for a team that I have to watch play us 6 times a year minimum.

Archived