Buffalo vs. Boston (11/23/2011), 7:00pm

Corp000085

This has reached professional wrestling levels of hype. Much of it pretty dumb.

It won't be a streetfight. It will be a hockey game.

Doug Allen will sing. The puck will be dropped. Hockey will be played.

As far as a response to Lucic - teams usually pick their spots - and it may not be tonight. That won't satisfy those calling for a pound of flesh. But that's how hockey usually goes.

I agree with all of this, nothing much of substance will occur tonight as far as payback on Lucic. The Sabres know they can't play that type of game tonight and expect to come out with a win, especially with much of what little muscle they have sitting in the pressbox. I do believe retribution will come, but at a time of their choosing when they hype has died down.

Well, unfortunately Cody and Tyler1 are out for this game and I would expect them to make the biggest difference in the physical department. I don't think it will be necessarily a tame hockey game but anyone expecting a WWE grudge match will be pretty disappointed. Leafs took back the division and Boston is now tied with us (with a game in hand) after winning 9 in a row. The two points would be huge right now.

Anyone know if Hecht or Tyler2 will be back tonight? We need Ennis pretty bad right now to spread out some of our top line scoring IMO.

Hecht may be back, Tyler2 is less likely from what I saw.

I don't want to see the WWE grudge match, because honestly, we won't be able to keep up with Boston. We need to come out focused, and not do a ton of stupid sh!t. I'd love to see the Sabres win with Jhonas getting the shutout...but realistically, I don't see us being on the winning end of this :unsure:

with respect, this of huge import to Sabre fans mostly some Boston fans and perhaps the most of avid hockey fans, not to be disrespectful, it has at best passing interest of most others.

I disagree with you entirely. Either Versus or NHL network should probably pick this game up. Boston and Buffalo are huge hockey markets and the Miller hit is one of the few things that was actually a blip on the radar of sports fans who dont watch the NHL. Especially with what looks like neither channel showing a game tonight. A normal Buffallo Boston game would get pretty good rating compared to most NHL games and this will only increase that however slightly. Last night they showed Los Angeles and St.Louis this game would do better rating than that normally no doubt with the Lucic drama.

I think within the first 10 minutes Buffalo needs to do something dirty/flagarant/cheap, something, anything or I think Boston will start chirping, laughing at them and calling the Sabres out and start intimidating them more than they have already done.

To me, for the Sabres to save any kind of face, they 100% have to do something right off the hop. Then, however the game plays out, the game plays out. If they don't do anything the backlash from the media, fans, Bruins and the rest of the league will be compounded from their last game against Boston and I really think that will affect them in a bad way going forward.

For me, I'd like the Sabres to come out and play a complete hockey game from start to finish. WIN the game. Play physical, smart and score a lot of goals. That's the best way to shut-up the Bruins and gain respect. Score early. Finish checks. Crowd Thomas. For the entire game. They played this way last March. Why not start a little earlier this year?

with respect, this of huge import to Sabre fans mostly some Boston fans and perhaps the most of avid hockey fans, not to be disrespectful, it has at best passing interest of most others.

Thats what I was getting at. It is bigger than the majority of regular season games shown on the two channels. Therefore it should be shown.

I agree with all of this, nothing much of substance will occur tonight as far as payback on Lucic. The Sabres know they can't play that type of game tonight and expect to come out with a win, especially with much of what little muscle they have sitting in the pressbox. I do believe retribution will come, but at a time of their choosing when they hype has died down.

I fixed your post. :)

I have a bad feeling about this game,scoresheet wise. The B's are the toast of the league right now. Firing on all cylinders with a goal differential of 28. Sabres suck at home and still haven't figured out their home game. Add to that the expectation of a physical game against the schoolyard bully who already kicked sand in your face. Got to pull for my boys. GO SABRES!

Thats what I was getting at. It is bigger than the majority of regular season games shown on the two channels. Therefore it should be shown.

I'm actually surprised it hasn't been picked up. One of the main headlines on NHL.com is how Boston's 10th win has to come thru Buffalo, and how it's 11 days after "the hit." I honestly don't care one way or the other now that I can watch the game no matter what.

I just want to see them string together some wins at home, starting tonight against Boston. Nothing too entertaining. I'd take a 1-0 win, a 6-5 win, or 9-1 win. I don't care...just win, and no more of this "we didn't keep it simple" or "we tried to get too fancy" bull crap, because frankly, I don't buy it anymore.

I only care about one thing. If the Bruins so much as whisper on Ethron, someone needs to run Thomas, plain and simple. I think they are overly confident and think they can do what ever they want with impunity. Why shouldn't they, the league has proven over and over that they will receive no punishment. If they try to test it out again tonight on Ethron, they need to be shown immediately, in a violent way, that they also have a goalie.

I only care about one thing. If the Bruins so much as whisper on Ethron, someone needs to run Thomas, plain and simple. I think they are overly confident and think they can do what ever they want with impunity. Why shouldn't they, the league has proven over and over that they will receive no punishment. If they try to test it out again tonight on Ethron, they need to be shown immediately, in a violent way, that they also have a goalie.

This may be the best-case scenario. Anything the Sabres do out of the blue tonight would be viewed as way too late and rehearsed. If they do nothing, it will be seen as another missed opportunity.

Best-case scenario is a Bruin brushes by Enroth and the Sabres go ape$#1t.

For me, I'd like the Sabres to come out and play a complete hockey game from start to finish. WIN the game. Play physical, smart and score a lot of goals. That's the best way to shut-up the Bruins and gain respect. Score early. Finish checks. Crowd Thomas. For the entire game. They played this way last March. Why not start a little earlier this year?

I'm so sick of the idea that they need to do something cheap to even up the score. You're pretty much dead on here. There are plenty of ways of doing that without falling the the levels of scumbaggery prevalent here in Boston.

I worry about me fellow Sabres fans after reading this thread and all the blood lust hype being tossed around by the mouse potatoes.

First, has it been anounced McCormick will play? Last I heard he was suffering concussion like symptoms and was not ready to play. Even if he is, do you think a woozy and uneasy Cody is a good choic to fight anyone.

Second, these types of games NEVER live up to the billing. The Sabres couldn't be in a worse position health wise. No Cody, Tyler, Weber. With Goose, Regehr and Kaleta the only guys that will fight their battles, why bother? It will just get ugly for Buffalo.

Hecht may be back, Tyler2 is less likely from what I saw.

I don't want to see the WWE grudge match, because honestly, we won't be able to keep up with Boston. We need to come out focused, and not do a ton of stupid sh!t. I'd love to see the Sabres win with Jhonas getting the shutout...but realistically, I don't see us being on the winning end of this :unsure:

I (unfortunately) agree with this. I hope we hold our own but you're right, a grudge match would probably not be in our best interest and as several posters have said, I too don't have a good feeling about tonights game.

Here is how this game should be played:

Hit Lucic every single chance you get.

Play in Thomas face all night and bump and nudge him.

PLAY YOUR GAME. Buffalo's game is quick outlet passes, a good transition and then cylcing the puck around the zone. It is not running over Thomas (wonder if we see rask) and trying to be some tough guy you aren't.

With that being said if Boston runs Enroth... I want all out war. I expect every single player on the ice to immediately drop their gloves and even if it is Lucic pile in and ignore the ref's, this goes for Pominville too. If Enroth gets plowed, anything goes.

First, has it been anounced McCormick will play? Last I heard he was suffering concussion like symptoms and was not ready to play. Even if he is, do you think a woozy and uneasy Cody is a good choic to fight anyone.

I am pretty sure it was reported that McCormick hasn't even been seen around the arena since being injured. Sounds like a concussion to me.

Hate to call a game the night before Thanksgiving a "must win" but this is as close as it gets this time of year, given the opposition.

Marv was asked once during the glory years, "Is this a 'must win' situation?" To which he replied, "No, World War II was a must win situation."

Archived