Buffalo vs. Boston (11/23/2011), 7:00pm

Corp000085

The Sabres are gonna beat and beat down tonight. They suck at home and they have no balls....it's as easy as that. They will continue to be the embarrassment and whipping boy of the NHL. They have shown nothing to anyone to make us think any different. Kaleta may try to hit Lucic, but anything other than that is wishful thinking. This team is made up of a bunch of Twinkies.

The Sabres are gonna beat and beat down tonight. They suck at home and they have no balls....it's as easy as that. They will continue to be the embarrassment and whipping boy of the NHL. They have shown nothing to anyone to make us think any different. Kaleta may try to hit Lucic, but anything other than that is wishful thinking. This team is made up of a bunch of Twinkies.

tell us how you really feel.

Good article about the matchup tonight and the last paragraph pretty much sums up my sentiment.

Linky

That is a good article.

It fails to mention the Sabres' injury problems, which will affect any physical "retribution" the Sabres could mete out. Overall, though, if there's any consistent sentiment to the article (which is pretty hard to discern, as it's not written all too well), it seems to suggest running up the goal count, and finishing checks are the way to "get back" at Boston.

I agree with that. Especially since Boston would crush the Sabres one-to-one in a mêlée. Run the Bruins out of town with a high goal-count, finish your checks, and survive the game without anyone else suspended or injured. That would be what I consider a successful game.

Darcy is going to have to move some pieces to address the physical aspect of the Sabres' game - that is simply not what the team is built for presently, and it'd be foolish to try and play that way right now.

That is a good article.

It fails to mention the Sabres' injury problems, which will affect any physical "retribution" the Sabres could mete out. Overall, though, if there's any consistent sentiment to the article (which is pretty hard to discern, as it's not written all too well), it seems to suggest running up the goal count, and finishing checks are the way to "get back" at Boston.

I agree with that. Especially since Boston would crush the Sabres one-to-one in a mêlée. Run the Bruins out of town with a high goal-count, finish your checks, and survive the game without anyone else suspended or injured. That would be what I consider a successful game.

Darcy is going to have to move some pieces to address the physical aspect of the Sabres' game - that is simply not what the team is built for presently, and it'd be foolish to try and play that way right now.

I agree. As much as I wish skill (i.e., the Detroit approach) would win out over brawn (Bruins), they simply are never going to survive three rounds of playoff hockey as they are have been built over the last ten years.

I agree. As much as I wish skill (i.e., the Detroit approach) would win out over brawn (Bruins), they simply are never going to survive three rounds of playoff hockey as they are have been built over the last ten years.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear Darcy believes they are still living by the post lockout 05-06 season.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear Darcy believes they are still living by the post lockout 05-06 season.

Well, he was certainly very slow to react to what everyone else saw, but acknowledged the need around the time that they drafted Kassian. Unfortunately, Regehr is the only move that he's made in that direction, outside of the draft.

Ray on gr today said Regier asked him jokingly if he wanted to come back. Ray's response "I'll give you the best 2 minutes you've ever seen".

I <3 Ray.

Ray on gr today said Regier asked him jokingly if he wanted to come back. Ray's response "I'll give you the best 2 minutes you've ever seen".

I <3 Ray.

The Aud chants of "We Want Ray...We Want Ray..." are now stuck in my head.

What I wouldn't give to have a lineup including Ray, May, Barnaby, Boughner, & Nolan behind the bench just for this one game. :beer:

Exactly, who cares about getting back at Lucic. The Sabres just need to win the game.

The SABRES better care about getting back at LUCIC, he not only ran over their #1 Goalie putting him out with an injury, he has continued to disrespect the team, making a joke and laughing about it, not only when it happened, but post game and as recent as yesterday. Also by him saying he expects to fight is calling out the SABRES, for them not to answer and do nothing about it would be so damaging to the team image, not only to many fans, but also to opposing teams. Do we want other teams to believe they can take liberties against our players and not worry about any retribution. Two points in November is not nearly important as the SABRES taking of their own and answering the call when challenged.

What we're really talking about here is respect. Lucic made it obvious that he didn't respect the Sabres after the hit. What was actually worse than the lack of response IMO is the fact that our team totally fell apart and was dominated on the score board after that.

So there are two areas of retribution...physical and winning. Obviously the latter is more important than the former and I'm sure that is what the Sabres will focus on tonight, regardless of what the fans want to see.

Sure, there will be hits and maybe a fight or two, but the focus will be on winning the game. If we can't show that we can take on the Bruins talent-wise, it won't matter too much if we win the fights.

I forgot about Tropp being in the lineup. He is no match for Lucic, but I don't think he is afraid to throw them. Brennan also.

Tropp should pick someone in his weight class and start swinging. It'd be good for the team and good for him if he wants to keep his spot on the big club.

Stafford should fight someone too. I know he thinks that's beneath him because "we have other guys for that" but he'd be so much more valuable if he fought a few times a year.

This is actually the most frustrating part of November 12th: it's not like the Sabres didn't have guys who can fight and fight well. The problem that night was that nobody had any fight in them. Lucic ran Miller and the rest of the team just wanted the game to be over. I don't know how you turtle up like that as a human being, let alone a hockey player.

Archived