GDT: Sabres @ Hurricanes 11/18/11 7PM

thesportsbuff

So wait, there's a house somewhere in Buffalo where several girls enjoy kicking back and watching hockey? Can you open the complaint thread for a minute; I need to complain that I don't know where it is. :)

I'm staying in tonight to watch the game and do a little baking; the last two VS games have forced me out to bars to watch since they weren't on GameCenter. Please Please Please, Sabres, show up so the pillaging can commence.

Prediction: 11-4 Buffalo. Myers, Regher, and every forward other than Vanek-Adam-Pomminstein. Adam puts one in the Sabres net by accident.

Here they are celebrating a win.

post-1429-012693700 1321631436_thumb.jpg

So wait, there's a house somewhere in Buffalo where several girls enjoy kicking back and watching hockey? Can you open the complaint thread for a minute; I need to complain that I don't know where it is. :)

I'm staying in tonight to watch the game and do a little baking; the last two VS games have forced me out to bars to watch since they weren't on GameCenter. Please Please Please, Sabres, show up so the pillaging can commence.

Prediction: 11-4 Buffalo. Myers, Regher, and every forward other than Vanek-Adam-Pomminstein. Adam puts one in the Sabres net by accident.

Maybe "sitting back with the girls" didn't mean what you thought it meant.

Tailgate begins at 4 PM. My dad and brother and a few friends made the trip down from Buffalo for this one, and it will be their first chance to take in a game in Carolina. I'm looking for a big effort and win out of the boys tonight. Canes have been brutal lately with rumors swirling about firing Maurice. I've also been fasting all week so I'm ready to gorge myself on delicious baby flesh tonight....

We better sweep this weekend. 1) because I hate the 'Canes, and 2) because I'm going to the 'Yotes game.

On another note, I really hope that it's Ennis that comes back. You don't realize how much this team misses his speed and skillset (elusiveness, puckhandeling, etc.) until he's been out for a while.

He's never been out before, so it should be interesting to see.

So busy lately. It's been hard to actually enjoy a game without distractions and deadlines to make.

First game in a while I can sit back with the girls and take in the game.

Should be interesting what lines Lindy has out to start. Personally I'd prefer Adam stays up with Van and Pommer to start but it looks like Boyes between Stafford and Leino so Roy might pop up to the top line.

Anywho, looking forward to some good entertainment tonight!

Who's Hot: A pair of Sabres assisted on Myers' first goal Wednesday to extend their points streaks to five games: Thomas Vanek (3-4-7) and Jason Pominville (2-5-7) remain 1-2 on the team in scoring with 23 and 22 points, respectively. Vanek entered Thursday tied for second in NHL scoring, while Pominville was tied for fourth.

oh chzzzz your word selection is excellent

i will say, the reference to "the girls" called to mind, for me, how one of my female roommates from (way, way) back in the day used to refer to her breasts as "the girls," often to great comedic effect. she was fond of other ladies, not the fellas, so when she got all tricked out for the club, she'd often remark something along the lines of "the girls just seem to love my girls when i wear this top."

and the blogosphere gives me corroboration (if i am to believed) or cover (if people think i'm full of sh!t).

hahaha halarious........so you watching both games or just one this time?? prolly depends on if they win or lose.

Yes, it probably depends on that....should I just throw away my $2,500 worth of season tickets too? Oh yea, I forgot, I have to follow blindly no matter what they do.....I can't believe I did not watch one game? What have I done? How to survive! Tell me what to do please!

i will say, the reference to "the girls" called to mind, for me, how one of my female roommates from (way, way) back in the day used to refer to her breasts as "the girls," often to great comedic effect. she was fond of other ladies, not the fellas, so when she got all tricked out for the club, she'd often remark something along the lines of "the girls just seem to love my girls when i wear this top."

Agreed, that is (as far as I can tell) commonly used slang. Of course, slang or literal, my complaint stands. :)

Ok. JUST decided to rent a car and drive down to Raleigh for the game. Tickets as cheap as $23 on stubhub but I think I'll just scalp.

Canes have been playing poorly as of late, except of course Skinner being a total beast still in his sophomore season.

I've got a great feeling about this game, actually. Despite all you negative nancies around here this week. :nana:

Gotta go with the away Myers jersey for this one.

Ok. JUST decided to rent a car and drive down to Raleigh for the game. Tickets as cheap as $23 on stubhub but I think I'll just scalp.

Canes have been playing poorly as of late, except of course Skinner being a total beast still in his sophomore season.

I've got a great feeling about this game, actually. Despite all you negative nancies around here this week. :nana:

Nice, I'm envious. Have a good time and make sure to eat a baby for me!

From Buffalo? 700+ miles? Holy mackerel. Drive carefully.

Let's get this sports weekend going the right way ladies and gentleman!! Hope to get one from Vanek (so he continues his points streak) with an assisst from pommers. Hopefully leino can start finding his groove and get a pair. Ethron comes back with a huge game and closes the gates to the Sabres net. 3 0

From Buffalo? 700+ miles? Holy mackerel. Drive carefully.

yah ... where approximately do you live that you can just up and drive to the game on that short of notice? if you live in WNY and if you're driving 100MPH *the whole time*, you might make it for the opening face off. good luck!

yah ... where approximately do you live that you can just up and drive to the game on that short of notice? if you live in WNY and if you're driving 100MPH *the whole time*, you might make it for the opening face off. good luck!

I believe our rice krispie friend is somewhere in NC. :)

Let's get this sports weekend going the right way ladies and gentleman!! Hope to get one from Vanek (so he continues his points streak) with an assisst from pommers. Hopefully leino can start finding his groove and get a pair. Ethron comes back with a huge game and closes the gates to the Sabres net. 3 0

He definitely needs a pair! his play of late hasn't been superb. :blush:

I believe our rice krispie friend is somewhere in NC. :)

that's different then. i thought he decided to make a partial cross-country trek and expected to make it on time.

oh to have the option of just hopping in a car last-minute to go to a hockey game ... lucky bass turds.

The Canes have completely quit on Maurice. If the Sabres cant beat this team, they have enough problems of their own. Watch Staal tonight. The guy no longer skates. He consistently gets beaten to the puck and barely tries. These guys want Maurice gone. If they put in a real effort, it will be out of personal pride alone. This is not a bunch that is backing Maurice up in the press either. To be honest, I would not have driven down for this game. The Canes are totally funked up right now. I dont see this being a classic Sabres/Canes match up.

Archived