Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Ruff sounded like he was going to rotate players in pretty regularly for the first few games here. Should be interesting to see what Roy and Pommers bring to the table tonight (If Roy Plays) I think Montreal should be a stiffer challenge than Carolina was so we shall see.

I would love to see more of the E-L-S line but assume they might have tonight off.

Pominville in the lineup tonight. I assume that means Roy and Vanek too.

In one of the other threads you listed out the groups (A,B,C, etc.) I didn't go back and look, but is Ruff rotating through these groups for the first couple preseason games or what's his plan for who's in who's out?

Miller and Enroth splitting duties tonight.

Vanek-Roy-Pominville

Ennis-Leino-Stafford

Gerbe-Adam-Boyes

Foligno-Ellis-Kassian

Ehrhoff, Regehr, Myers, Gragnani, Schiestel, Persson starting defense.

That's a pretty stacked lineup for an early preseason game. I want to see how Gerbe-Adam-Boyes plays. Could make for a helluva 3rd scoring line.

Miller and Enroth splitting duties tonight.

Vanek-Roy-Pominville

Ennis-Leino-Stafford

Gerbe-Adam-Boyes

Foligno-Ellis-Kassian

Ehrhoff, Regehr, Myers, Gragnani, Schiestel, Persson starting defense.

Well that certainly is not Scrubbsville... Gerbe Adam Boyes seems like an odd line....

No Goose, so someone else will presumably be wearing the "C". I'd guess either Pommer or Vanek. Stafford was wearing an "A" the other night though so maybe him?

Kinda interesting that Adam, Kassian and Foligno are playing tonight as well. I think the coaches want to get plenty of looks at them.

No Goose, so someone else will presumably be wearing the "C". I'd guess either Pommer or Vanek. Stafford was wearing an "A" the other night though so maybe him?

I understand your logic, but I simply can not see Stafford wearing a "C" - ever.

Kinda interesting that Adam, Kassian and Foligno are playing tonight as well. I think the coaches want to get plenty of looks at them.

Who has been with the team the longest off that roster? That will be your C tonight. I guess that would mean Roy or Pominville.

Tonight's game might sway the votes from management to who will be the new captain becuase all of the candidates who I think should get it are playing tonight. Also, the sabres still need to save some cap space, so if someone in these next 6 games doesnt show well, then they could be the cap cut

Who has been with the team the longest off that roster? That will be your C tonight. I guess that would mean Roy or Pominville.

Sh!t. Rivets hads its before he played ones games for us. Yous gives it to who wants/earned it. Goose, Pommers, Vanek, maybe Myers. Don't gives it to Regehr. That'd bes da Rivets curse.

Sh!t. Rivets hads its before he played ones games for us. Yous gives it to who wants/earned it. Goose, Pommers, Vanek, maybe Myers. Don't gives it to Regehr. That'd bes da Rivets curse.

Stupid Rivet and his C are featured for September on my Sabres twelve-month calendar! Another reason for October to get here sooner. :thumbsup:

It also had Kennedy on there a couple months back, like a year after he parted ways with the team.

Archived