Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Sh!t. Rivets hads its before he played ones games for us. Yous gives it to who wants/earned it. Goose, Pommers, Vanek, maybe Myers. Don't gives it to Regehr. That'd bes da Rivets curse.

let the players vote...

Players picked Rivet before he played a game. There's more to being a captain than working hard on the ice. Let the players vote on who is a real leader not just a lunch pail guy.

Sh!t. Rivets hads its before he played ones games for us. Yous gives it to who wants/earned it. Goose, Pommers, Vanek, maybe Myers. Don't gives it to Regehr. That'd bes da Rivets curse.

I'm just talking about a single preseason game. There is a little thought to it, but people are overanalyzing these selections. There's a very different selection process for the real captain than there is for this one game.

Or Mmmorrisssonnn for that matter. Don't want them to get hurt before the trade goes through.

Did anyone notice that Morrisonn changed his number to 8?

Listed in the Sabres training camp notebook on Sunday

-Defenseman Shaone Morrisonn has been wearing No. 8 during training camp. He wore No. 27 for the Sabres last season.

Darcy et. al. talked about giving Kotalik a chance when they picked him up. It would be bad form if they didn't even let him skate. I'm sure he'll be in the lineup for the next couple of games. Obviously he's not a main concern right now, they know what he can do as opposed to the up and coming talent.

Well that certainly is not Scrubbsville... Gerbe Adam Boyes seems like an odd line....

I think Ruff wants to see what Adam can do with a couple real NHL'rs.

Orrrrr ... our third line is Gerbe-Hecht-Boyes, but Hecht is injured and Adam is the first "call up" (figurative, at this point) at center.

I'm just talking about a single preseason game. There is a little thought to it, but people are overanalyzing these selections. There's a very different selection process for the real captain than there is for this one game.

True, but if the captain tonight is Vanek, do you not think that would mean that the permanent C is pretty likely to be Gaustad or Vanek? Not a lock but a good indicator?

Archived