F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

This weekend is a real case of trial by fire for me. I'm spending the weekend with the future wife's entire immediate family for this ski weekend they have every year. I don't ski, would like to pick it up some day, but I don't trust my knee just yet for that. So I get to spend the time with a couple people who can't ski (pregnant, old, infant,...). This should be interesting. I've met most of them on an individual basis, but never all together at once.

As much as people complain about their spouses and stuff like that, I'd like to posit a breath of fresh air. Marriage between a man and a woman is a blessing, and should not be seen as a curse or a [prison] sentence. Sure, it takes work, but there is plenty of reward in it. Thus, I pray that you two would be truly blessed beyond measure when you two tie the knot.

Now, for something unrelated but still F'N Fantastic: ever since I deactivated my Facebook account late last week, it has been a struggle to not reactivate it. However, I have been able to get a lot of other stuff done that I needed and wanted to get done. I'm getting caught up on my reading, and perhaps it may lead me to help me write and finish a novel.

As much as people complain about their spouses and stuff like that, I'd like to posit a breath of fresh air. Marriage between a man and a woman is a blessing, and should not be seen as a curse or a [prison] sentence. Sure, it takes work, but there is plenty of reward in it. Thus, I pray that you two would be truly blessed beyond measure when you two tie the knot.

It wasn't meant to come across as a complaint. It's definitely going to be an interesting weekend. It's fun in that I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

I'm not sure if this is a sign of a recovering economy, "luck of the draw", or Divine Providence; but after I went back to work on Monday after spending the past 4 days at home, I hit the road and got a load with both deadhead and loaded miles totaling over 1100 miles. Then, after I delivered that one, I get another one with a combined 1400 miles. I have not had that good a week coming out of the house in a very long time. That's F'N Fantastic for me! :thumbsup:

Maybe it has been asked; but what do you think of the show Shipping Wars?

It wasn't meant to come across as a complaint. It's definitely going to be an interesting weekend. It's fun in that I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

To be honest with you, I didn't think you were complaining. I was just speaking about the general attitude of many people out there.

Maybe it has been asked; but what do you think of the show Shipping Wars?

I've never even heard of that show before. I don't watch the telly when I'm out on the road.

Hey XC interesting avatar for someone of your ilk. What is your stance?

I was wondering when someone was going to say something about that. I intended it to be a play on words. I meant for it to be something where perhaps cannabis could be a replacement for a bad hip socket. But, I'm not really sure how well the joke's going to go over.

As for cannabis, I personally don't use it - or any other drug for that matter. Not only can it kill my career, but I really have no interest in imbibing in such stuff. As it is, I find it interesting that many of us have not learned the lessons from Prohibition. The stuff is still available, and people are going to wreck their lives in many different ways, no matter how much people with the best of intentions try to get them to stop. I've come to understand that sinners are still going to be sinners, and no amount of "legislating morality" is going to prevent people from getting their hands on that stuff. After all, when the Puritans banned Christmas back a few centuries ago, people still engaged in such practices. It came to a point that the law banning it was finally overturned.

I hope this helps.

I was wondering when someone was going to say something about that. I intended it to be a play on words. I meant for it to be something where perhaps cannabis could be a replacement for a bad hip socket. But, I'm not really sure how well the joke's going to go over.

As for cannabis, I personally don't use it - or any other drug for that matter. Not only can it kill my career, but I really have no interest in imbibing in such stuff. As it is, I find it interesting that many of us have not learned the lessons from Prohibition. The stuff is still available, and people are going to wreck their lives in many different ways, no matter how much people with the best of intentions try to get them to stop. I've come to understand that sinners are still going to be sinners, and no amount of "legislating morality" is going to prevent people from getting their hands on that stuff. After all, when the Puritans banned Christmas back a few centuries ago, people still engaged in such practices. It came to a point that the law banning it was finally overturned.

I hope this helps.

I'll choose a plant given to us by God, over a pill given to us by man, to make me happy any day.

I'll choose a plant given to us by God, over a pill given to us by man, to make me happy any day.

Consider this to be ironic, but I actually have a measure of agreement with you. Makes me think that things like Vioxx have done more damage than some gold from Acapulco.

Consider this to be ironic, but I actually have a measure of agreement with you. Makes me think that things like Vioxx have done more damage than some gold from Acapulco.

it's all about big lobby money from the drug companies..... it's always about the money. the drug companies want to string you out and along on their chemicals for their profit. there is no money in a cure but "treatment" is a big money maker. Herb is a gift from the earth. XC didn't the god you worship say, paraphrasing of course something along the lines of i give you plants and the seeds to use,
  • Like (+1) 1

I'm not sure if this is a sign of a recovering economy, "luck of the draw", or Divine Providence; but after I went back to work on Monday after spending the past 4 days at home, I hit the road and got a load with both deadhead and loaded miles totaling over 1100 miles. Then, after I delivered that one, I get another one with a combined 1400 miles. I have not had that good a week coming out of the house in a very long time. That's F'N Fantastic for me! :thumbsup:

Very nice.

Are you at liberty to say what you were hauling?

it's all about big lobby money from the drug companies..... it's always about the money. the drug companies want to string you out and along on their chemicals for their profit. there is no money in a cure but "treatment" is a big money maker. Herb is a gift from the earth. XC didn't the god you worship say, paraphrasing of course something along the lines of i give you plants and the seeds to use,

I think originally is was the alcohol companies that pushed to have it banned. Why buy a Bud when you can grow some bud in your yard?

Today, as you are no doubt all aware, is February 10th. By all standard definitions, it is winter. Winter typically brings snow, cloudy days, and general chill that numbs you to the bone.

Right now, my daughters are in the backyard, playing in shorts and t-shirts. It's about 50 degrees. The sun is shining. Nary a cloud nor wisp of white can be found anywhere in the sky. All that's up there is blue, blue, and more blue. And some black, but those are just the birds flying around.

"F'N Fantastic" doesn't even begin to describe today.

Edited by Chris_in_UT

Right now, my daughters are in the backyard, playing in shorts and t-shirts. It's about 50 degrees. The sun is shining. Nary a cloud nor wisp of white can be found anywhere in the sky. All that's up there is blue, blue, and more blue. And some black, but those are just the birds flying around.

It was a breezy 30 here in Buffalo, with a little snow in the air. Back in your box, we don't want to hear it.

Buffalo pizza and wings: F'N Fantastic.

I read this fiction book a few years ago, but everything you're pointing out is pretty much right on the money.

Edited by Crosschecking

I think I have finally drank enough tonight that the cheap shots I took to my neck/shoulder no longer hurt. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I won't be able to have another beer until the Habs game. Might have to rely on that old 2nd best remedy Advil to get me through to the game.

Despite the fact that this is easily the poorest excuse for winter I can recall, I've managed to get out snowboarding 5 or 6 times this season. This past Wed. I finally got back out after bashing my knees on some ice over two weeks prior, and was able to tackle 3 new (and more difficult) slopes. Hoping for another 2+ weeks of winter to keep this going, but should at least be able to get out again this weekend. :)

Below from my kids swim team..this lady went off the blocks, flip turns the whole thing. Now to me this is fantastic!!

WE HOSTED A DIFFERENT KIND OF MEET THIS WEEKEND . . . for masters swimmers, and what made it special was that the timing duties were handled by NOVA swimmers. A hearty salute to the swimmers from (mostly) Diane’s groups who worked the meet. As Diane noted in an e-mail, a highlight of the meet was the participation of 99 year old Marie Kelleher. She holds the world records in 50 & 100 free and she was discussing with Diane her plans to become the world’s first 100 year old swimmer. Marie works out 4 X a week at 5 AM BEFORE GOING TO WORK ! I’m sure Marie won’t mind my saying that she works for the family business, Kelleher Corporation, a local heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical services firm. Insert a WOW ! anytime and anywhere you want.

Edited by plenzmd1