F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

- Swapped the summer tires onto the car. I'm hosed if it snows, but at least I'm not on the donut any more.

- Going out with a few people tonight for Chinese or Thai food and then some drinks.

- Cat checked out fine at the vet this morning.

- There's a thread in which chz is talking about nipple clamps.

Nipple clamps? Freudian slip?

bump.

Going to see Red Tails tonight with some friends. Kind of havin' a guys night out since all of our ladies are mia tonight.

This may have to go in the things that are awesome thread, but Starbucks double shots: they really give me that kick I need some mornings to actually get mobile!

I love the entertainment value of stupid people (people like you dEnnis :lol: ;) ). I just watched a woman run after a bus hoping to catch it. Unfortunately for her (but very fortunate for me), the bus started pulling out of the station before she got there. So they can't let her on at that point. She decides to stand directly in front of the bus and scream at the driver. This went on for a couple minutes. But the best part? The entire time that she was doing this, there was another bus from the same exact route directly behind that one at the station. I was kind of hoping that one would start to leave the station too while she was yelling.

I love the entertainment value of stupid people (people like you dEnnis :lol: ;) ). I just watched a woman run after a bus hoping to catch it. Unfortunately for her (but very fortunate for me), the bus started pulling out of the station before she got there. So they can't let her on at that point. She decides to stand directly in front of the bus and scream at the driver. This went on for a couple minutes. But the best part? The entire time that she was doing this, there was another bus from the same exact route directly behind that one at the station. I was kind of hoping that one would start to leave the station too while she was yelling.

Haha glad I can provide entertainment value lol

Although the woman in your story provides waaayy more value lol

This could be a fantastic Friday..or it could be an epic fail, its teetering on the edge. My wife is out of town along with my neighbors wife, and he and I have been planning for quite some time on doing a guys night out on the town complete with gentlemen's establishments and the whole nine yards. However, now I'm getting rumblings at the last minute from my neighbor that he might not be able to go. I'm getting the feeling that his wife has put him on lock down from half way across the country. So it might just end up being me and my homebrew tonight.

Taking a logic class as an elective at UB, and the professor is actually really engaging. And the course material is surprisingly interesting. And he constantly references the sabres in his lectures.

F'N Fantastic.

When he speaks of the Sabs is he baffled by how their poor play defies logic?

bump.

Going to see Red Tails tonight with some friends. Kind of havin' a guys night out since all of our ladies are mia tonight.

This may have to go in the things that are awesome thread, but Starbucks double shots: they really give me that kick I need some mornings to actually get mobile!

I keep forgetting about Red Tails. The gf and I both want to see that and I have regal passes laying around. :thumbsup:

I keep forgetting about Red Tails. The gf and I both want to see that and I have regal passes laying around. :thumbsup:

I just got a text saying we're switching to Contraband. Either way, both look fantastic. I'm using my free movie pass tonight! I've 4, so if I use 1 tonight, I'll still be able to take the lady to the theatre next weekend :angel:

When he speaks of the Sabs is he baffled by how their poor play defies logic?

We're analyzing argument structures right now, and he always says stuff like "The sabres will win their next game", this is probably not the case but when put into "x" form, it is a valid argument.

He's definitely a fan, and he definitely is aware of the teams current problems, but he has a good sense of humor about it. Definitely necessary.

Cask strength Scotch is a cure for the common cold.

Been fighting one all week. Hit the bottle last night (for medicinal purposes only, of course), 3 or 4 oz all told, and today everything is cleared up and I feel like a million bucks!

F'n Fantastic!

I swear by tactics like this. People never believe me that hard liquor can cure what ails. Yukon Jack and a little Nyquil has always been my remedy. Sometimes when I feel a cold coming on a little Russian Standard Vodka before bed leaves me feeling just fine in the morning.

I just got a text saying we're switching to Contraband. Either way, both look fantastic. I'm using my free movie pass tonight! I've 4, so if I use 1 tonight, I'll still be able to take the lady to the theatre next weekend :angel:

Is that the movie with Marky Mark? Why does that guy keep getting roles? He even managed to drag down the incredible cast in the Fighter.

I swear by tactics like this. People never believe me that hard liquor can cure what ails. Yukon Jack and a little Nyquil has always been my remedy. Sometimes when I feel a cold coming on a little Russian Standard Vodka before bed leaves me feeling just fine in the morning.

That's what I tell myself every night, too.

Is that the movie with Marky Mark? Why does that guy keep getting roles? He even managed to drag down the incredible cast in the Fighter.

yupp. I'd take it you don't like him? haha. I don't think he's a bad actor. I think he plays a similar role in most of his films, but hey, there are worse.

I've been a proponent of drowning a virus in ethanol for a few decades now, I usually go for large volumes of high gravity beer rather than distilled spirits though.

yupp. I'd take it you don't like him? haha. I don't think he's a bad actor. I think he plays a similar role in most of his films, but hey, there are worse.

I think he's a horrible actor. Horrible probably isn't even a strong enough word. The Fighter was the only passable movie I've seen with him, but then again, he was being carried by that year's two best supporting actor/ress winners. Christian Bale was ridiculously amazing in that movie.

So they're having some sort of Patriots party in the office right now. Normally this would be a topic for Thursday's thread, but I think this means I can leave for the day now.

I think he's a horrible actor. Horrible probably isn't even a strong enough word. The Fighter was the only passable movie I've seen with him, but then again, he was being carried by that year's two best supporting actor/ress winners. Christian Bale was ridiculously amazing in that movie.

So they're having some sort of Patriots party in the office right now. Normally this would be a topic for Thursday's thread, but I think this means I can leave for the day now.

firstly, Christian Bale is amazing in most movies in my opinion, but that movie way moreso.

secondly, I'm almost 100% certain that means GTFO of the office!

Menu for the Super Bowl:

• Slow-cooked beef ribs, rubbed with various spices and wrapped in saran wrap and tin foil, left to sit in the oven on 150 for 12 hours with a pan of water and liquid smoke (applewood)
  • 3 or 4 pizzas from Papa Murphys. Those of you familiar with them ... you know what this means. :)
  • Sweet pork chili.
  • Sun-dried tomato and basil cheese dip mixed with a bit of ground beef
  • Chicken wings baked--not fried. Cuz, you know ... we want to be healthy.

And that's just what I'M providing. I have no idea who's bringing what. I'm sure there'll be some kind of salad, a veggie tray and various drinks, but what those will be, I have no idea.

EDIT: F'N FANTASTIC!

Edited by Chris_in_UT