F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

This is my last Friday of my 30s. Next week, I hit the big 4-0. I'm so freakin' excited. I've never been so pumped for a birthday. And no--I have no explanation. I just am.

So yah. Happy pre-frickin'-birthday to me!

Nice! I'm always pumped for birthdays. I have no idea why either lol.

Here's one for you! :beer:

Congrats. You should always be excited about your birthday. Never know if it's your last. Turned 50 this summer and feel great.

Yah, I'm pretty stoked. Extremely jazzed for this year. Lots of major fun coming down the pike. In May, we're going to St. George Utah to see an annular eclipse. In July and August, we're road tripping from SLC to Buffalo and back in about 3 weeks. Stopping in denver, KC, St. Louis, Indy, Buffalo (for a week), Cleveland, Chicago, Twin Cities area (hopefully), Mt. Rushmore/Crazy Horse/Black Hills, Yellowstone, and then home. Yah. It's going to be sweet.

Nice! I'm always pumped for birthdays. I have no idea why either lol.

Here's one for you! :beer:

Thanks man! I don't know ... I know so many people who have dreaded turning 40. I just can't wait! Not that my 30s were bad. THey were great, for the most part. But 40 ... it just seems fun, ya know? I have my ###### together, an awesome fam, great kids, incredible wife, actuallly managed to stay employed for over a year (yay no layoffs!), two well-running vehicles, a good home ... what the hell do I have to complain about?!

Yah, I'm pretty stoked. Extremely jazzed for this year. Lots of major fun coming down the pike. In May, we're going to St. George Utah to see an annular eclipse. In July and August, we're road tripping from SLC to Buffalo and back in about 3 weeks. Stopping in denver, KC, St. Louis, Indy, Buffalo (for a week), Cleveland, Chicago, Twin Cities area (hopefully), Mt. Rushmore/Crazy Horse/Black Hills, Yellowstone, and then home. Yah. It's going to be sweet.

That really sounds like an awesome trip! you're going to have to share some photo-ops lol!

That really sounds like an awesome trip! you're going to have to share some photo-ops lol!

Trust me--I'm already toying with geotagging apps and my camera settings, and we're brining my wife's lappy to store/upload stuff to flickr on a hopefully daily basis. The only part where it'll probably be a problem is at my dad's house in Buffalo. He doesn't have wi-fi (right ... like this is the 90s or something!), and I honestly think he's still on dial-up.

Trust me--I'm already toying with geotagging apps and my camera settings, and we're brining my wife's lappy to store/upload stuff to flickr on a hopefully daily basis. The only part where it'll probably be a problem is at my dad's house in Buffalo. He doesn't have wi-fi (right ... like this is the 90s or something!), and I honestly think he's still on dial-up.

I'm too young for that :angel:

jk lol. My friend up in Maine is still on Dial-up or some variant...but because of where in Maine he is, and because the High speed stuff isn't available yet.

I'm too young for that :angel:

jk lol. My friend up in Maine is still on Dial-up or some variant...but because of where in Maine he is, and because the High speed stuff isn't available yet.

Wow. I didn't realize there are parts of the country where high-speed isn't an option. I guess it makes sense, but still ... dial-up?! He might as well hitch up the horse and buggy and take a fattened pig to the local town hall to pay property taxes. ;)

Wow. I didn't realize there are parts of the country where high-speed isn't an option. I guess it makes sense, but still ... dial-up?! He might as well hitch up the horse and buggy and take a fattened pig to the local town hall to pay property taxes. ;)

:w00t: :w00t:

yeah we pick on him often too. It's all good. apparently they'll be getting high speed soon (this spring?). He thinks it's hilarious too.

That trip sounds awesome and it will create memories for a lifetime for you and your family. When I was 10, we took a cross country family vacation from June until August (my dad was a high schol teacher). We went all the way out west through Canada, so I've actually been to places like Sudbury, Thunder Bay, Moose Jaw, Winnipeg, Regina, Banff, Calgary and Vancouver. Then down the west coast to LA and then back up to Buffalo using largely the same route you are taking on your trip. I still say that my parents must have been crazy to take three kids in a K car wagon and a pop up camper across country for two months, but my brother, sister and I will always remember that trip.

Thanks man! I don't know ... I know so many people who have dreaded turning 40. I just can't wait! Not that my 30s were bad. THey were great, for the most part. But 40 ... it just seems fun, ya know? I have my ###### together, an awesome fam, great kids, incredible wife, actuallly managed to stay employed for over a year (yay no layoffs!), two well-running vehicles, a good home ... what the hell do I have to complain about?!

I just turned 40 this past August and I have to say that it was a pretty damn good birthday!

Since the last F'N Fantastic Friday, I have defended my Masters thesis, moved to Austin, TX, and purchased a new car. First day of work is coming on Monday. F'N Fantastic!

For those playing at home, I ended up with a 2009 Toyota Corolla. 55k miles, $10,700. Nothing fancy, in great condition, the only other owner had a well-documented history of the car (just oil changes, etc.)... And oh yeah, manual transmission too, even though I don't know how to drive it yet. :lol: Anyway, thank you all for the advice!

:lol:

Believe it or not, there are still a lot of places where dial up is the only option. My friend and her husband own a dairy farm just about 50 miles south of Cleveland Ohio. She really is in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by Amish. She drives to the library in town to surf the internet.

Since the last F'N Fantastic Friday, I have defended my Masters thesis, moved to Austin, TX, and purchased a new car. First day of work is coming on Monday. F'N Fantastic!

For those playing at home, I ended up with a 2009 Toyota Corolla. 55k miles, $10,700. Nothing fancy, in great condition, the only other owner had a well-documented history of the car (just oil changes, etc.)... And oh yeah, manual transmission too, even though I don't know how to drive it yet. :lol: Anyway, thank you all for the advice!

Congrats, man, that's awesome! Hope you like the new town/car/job. As for me, it's been a taxing week and I'm beat, but tomorrow I can sleep in and I've already gotten to go snowboarding more in the last two weeks than all last winter, so I'll take it!

Happy weekend, all.

Ladies and gentlemen I give you the MIA fan of the captain.

Welcome back to the board and WNY!

Yeah, Turns out trying to land a new job while constantly leaving the country for your current job is a very time consuming process, I have (apparently fortunately) missed most of the games over the past 2 months and really didn't have much time to post. But now that I've lost all motivation to accomplish anything for my current employer, I should be able to partake in the conversation a bit more.

never thought 40 could look this good. ;)

F'N FANTASTIC!

in celebration of my b-day yesterday and my mom's today, my brother is taking us out to eat to ze tejas--not sure who all is familiar with that joint, but for the sake of understanding, it's a sweet mexican food joint. free food courtesy of the bro.

my daughter is officially OFF her ADHD meds and we have her on completely natural supplements and oils (lavender, frankincense, etc). those are working so much better than the concerta was. on that, she'd never eat anything, then she'd wake up grumpy as hell and go to bed grumpy as hell. meanwhile, she lost 4 pounds in 5 months instead of maintaining or gaining because the medicine drastically suppressed her appetite. she was literally starving, and it didn't matter how much food we offered her--she wouldn't eat it. didn't matter if it was mac and cheese, grilled hot dogs with a swimming pool of ketchup, or scrambled eggs ... she wouldn't eat anything. it broke our hearts! so we tried this natural stuff, and mother of pearl, she's so much better. eating 2 servings at every meal (probably to make up for the last 5 months!), angelic morning through night ... it's miraculous. THAT is F'N Fantastic!

F'N FANTASTIC!

in celebration of my b-day yesterday and my mom's today, my brother is taking us out to eat to ze tejas--not sure who all is familiar with that joint, but for the sake of understanding, it's a sweet mexican food joint. free food courtesy of the bro.

my daughter is officially OFF her ADHD meds and we have her on completely natural supplements and oils (lavender, frankincense, etc). those are working so much better than the concerta was. on that, she'd never eat anything, then she'd wake up grumpy as hell and go to bed grumpy as hell. meanwhile, she lost 4 pounds in 5 months instead of maintaining or gaining because the medicine drastically suppressed her appetite. she was literally starving, and it didn't matter how much food we offered her--she wouldn't eat it. didn't matter if it was mac and cheese, grilled hot dogs with a swimming pool of ketchup, or scrambled eggs ... she wouldn't eat anything. it broke our hearts! so we tried this natural stuff, and mother of pearl, she's so much better. eating 2 servings at every meal (probably to make up for the last 5 months!), angelic morning through night ... it's miraculous. THAT is F'N Fantastic!

I love happy endings ... I hope and pray that it will continue.

F'N Fantastic!

F'N FANTASTIC!

That's awesome, and happy (slightly belated) birthday!

My knee has been bothering me for a couple weeks now but I have been muscling through it and playing hockey because I need the exercise to keep me sane.

Just did some leg extensions with an ankle weight to try and warm it up today and noticed something was popping (feeling rather than noise) on each extension. Kept doing them and then a big pop feeling and now it doesn't hurt as much.

F'N Fantastic!

My knee has been bothering me for a couple weeks now but I have been muscling through it and playing hockey because I need the exercise to keep me sane.

Just did some leg extensions with an ankle weight to try and warm it up today and noticed something was popping (feeling rather than noise) on each extension. Kept doing them and then a big pop feeling and now it doesn't hurt as much.

F'N Fantastic!

LOL

Mine does that every morning.

Wife just walked in the door from work and said, "let's go for a beer". :wub:

- Swapped the summer tires onto the car. I'm hosed if it snows, but at least I'm not on the donut any more.

- Going out with a few people tonight for Chinese or Thai food and then some drinks.

- Cat checked out fine at the vet this morning.

- There's a thread in which chz is talking about nipple clamps.