F'N...tastic Fridays....

Topic will be automatically unlocked at 04:01 AM

Andrew Amerk

Good man. I fortunately haven't needed to lose weight like that, but I've been toying with the idea of training for a half-marathon, and I think you just inspired me to quit screwing around and do it already.

My wife ran her first half last summer and absolutely loved it. Now she's training for a full. I don't think I'd ever be that crazy! :lol:

Using short term failure statistics to project failure rates long term is commonly accepted in nearly all of product development and manufacturing. And I'll go as far as to suggest that CR probably doesn't have enough anecdotal data to have the reliability that JDPowers has.

Good point. You may be right about the small sample size, especially with the less popular models.

Really, it makes sense to use data from both sources. They are both well respected.

This, for sure. :thumbsup:

Second date tonight! Took this girl out on Monday to dinner, and then coffee afterwards. Now we're doing date #2 tonight. I don't think we'll be somewhere with the game, but honestly, for once, I don't think I mind. :beer:

Also, it's snowing, and I am leaving work at 1. F'N Fantastic!

Second date tonight! Took this girl out on Monday to dinner, and then coffee afterwards. Now we're doing date #2 tonight. I don't think we'll be somewhere with the game, but honestly, for once, I don't think I mind. :beer:

Also, it's snowing, and I am leaving work at 1. F'N Fantastic!

2nd ones are so much more fun. That initial awkwardness is out of the way and you can have a lot more fun (interpret the word "fun" however you please).

2nd ones are so much more fun. That initial awkwardness is out of the way and you can have a lot more fun (interpret the word "fun" however you please).

Haha. very true. She's going to come over, and we're going to make homemade pizza and watch a movie I guess. She would rather do that than go out, and I like saving money so this girl is already a winner :angel:

Haha. very true. She's going to come over, and we're going to make homemade pizza and watch a movie I guess. She would rather do that than go out, and I like saving money so this girl is already a winner :angel:

And she's willingly coming over to your place already...

Go home and clean your toilet. When you are done, start over and do a better job because it's not good enough.

And clean your shower. And change your sheets. You know, just in case...

• Like (+1) 1

Go home and clean your toilet. When you are done, start over and do a better job because it's not good enough.

Outstanding.

Also, make sure you have at least 2 bottles of red wine and 2 clean glasses.

Go home and clean your toilet. When you are done, start over and do a better job because it's not good enough. And clean your shower. And change your sheets. You know, just in case...

Great advice in theory, but unless he is gay there probably is really nothing that can be done to the typical 20 something single male pad that is going to impress a female. Therefore the two bottles of red wine is the best bet.

And she's willingly coming over to your place already...

yupp. Here's something i've left off: I've known her brother and parents for probably 6 years now, but have only known her a very short amount of time in comparison (she was away at school)

part of the reason I'm leaving early :lol: :lol:

Outstanding.

Also, make sure you have at least 2 bottles of red wine and 2 clean glasses.

I have a wine fridge full of variety...check :thumbsup:

Great advice in theory, but unless he is gay there probably is really nothing that can be done to the typical 20 something single male pad that is going to impress a female. Therefore the two bottles of red wine is the best bet.

I live at my mom's house (well, kind of). She owns a raised ranch. I more or less rent out the downstairs, and my mom and sister live upstairs (well, when my sister isn't at school). I have a little more pressure to keep the pad clean, especially since the land lord lives upstairs...

Thanks for all of the advice guys haha! I don't care what anyone else says, you guys are alright :beer: :beer:

ITS SNOWING!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOO SNOWBOARDING WEATHER!!!

WOOOO LEAVING FOR FLORIDA TONIGHT!!!!!!

lol wait, if you're excited for snowboarding weather, why are you also excited to be leaving for Florida??

As for me:

1) It's FINALLY stopped raining here (although it's crazy windy) and the weather this weekend looks good for snowboarding!

2) The benefits department fixed my insurance issues yesterday afternoon (whew!).

3) Looking forward to trying a new Belgian restaurant tomorrow evening for the bf's birthday.

yupp. Here's something i've left off: I've known her brother and parents for probably 6 years now, but have only known her a very short amount of time in comparison (she was away at school)

part of the reason I'm leaving early :lol: :lol:

I have a wine fridge full of variety...check :thumbsup:

I live at my mom's house (well, kind of). She owns a raised ranch. I more or less rent out the downstairs, and my mom and sister live upstairs (well, when my sister isn't at school). I have a little more pressure to keep the pad clean, especially since the land lord lives upstairs...

Thanks for all of the advice guys haha! I don't care what anyone else says, you guys are alright :beer: :beer:

Speaking of cleaning, don't forget the clear the pipes...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC8wEqUHA2Q

Impress? No. Prevent her from becoming so disgusted she leaves immediately? Yes

lol wait, if you're excited for snowboarding weather, why are you also excited to be leaving for Florida??

As for me:

1) It's FINALLY stopped raining here (although it's crazy windy) and the weather this weekend looks good for snowboarding!

2) The benefits department fixed my insurance issues yesterday afternoon (whew!).

3) Looking forward to trying a new Belgian restaurant tomorrow evening for the bf's birthday.

First vacation since the breakup is why and I love the sand and surf just as much as the snow and cold. I love the different seasons!

Good question! You got advice? :flirt:

I'm looking at used, maybe in the 2006-2010 range. Spending $12k max, but hoping to get something for less (could pay up front if I could swing ~$9000).

Really, I just want something that will be reliable for maybe six years (or until I own a house with a garage to put a new car in). And I don't need anything fancy; probably just a sedan that's not tiny and that is decent on gas.

I'm looking at Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Nissan... I'm not really set on anything particular so I'm pretty open to suggestions. :) Maybe I need to go digging for d4rk's domestic/foreign threads, eh?

Edit: Good luck, Liger. And congrats, Shrader, that is certainly Fantastic!

Don't know if you pulled the trigger yet, but I highly endorse Honda/Toyota. As Weave said, Toyota may have slipped, but their engines are still excellent. Also, having experience working with a Japanese company in the past, they're fixated on quality to a fault.

Old Car - 2000 Honda Accord; 270,000 miles. I bumped a lady who slammed her breaks on during a merge and the insurance co. totaled it. In the interest of disclosure the transmission did tear itself up at 92,000 miles (known defect), but Honda replaced for free. Besides that only routine maintenence and wear parts.

New Car - 2008 Acura (Honda) TL; 70,000 miles. No issues, only routine maintenence and speeding tickets so far.

Wife's Car - 1999 Lexus (Toyota) RX300; 170,000 miles. She treats it like crap and thing keeps asking for more. It's had some minor issues (I curse the Japanese engineer who designed that engine layout) but is still running strong.

Truck - 2008 Toyota Tundra; 42,000 miles. I love everything about this truck. It replaced a Ford F-250 V10 that I got 190,000 miles out off, but the amount of work I had to do on that truck....let's just say the neighbor's kids picked up some new words for their vocabulary.

My entire family owns Ford. Brother is employed by them. I'll admit they've come a long way in the last couple years, but it seems like there's always something wrong with them. Nothing major, but it seems they're in the shop every four months or so with minor stuff. Just crappy gap tolerences (noise), trim disengaging, stuff of that nature. I believe Ford is heading down the right path, they just need to do a little cleanup.

I had some experience with Mazdas in the past (more than a decade ago). Great mechanicals, suspect electrical in my experience.

I will never buy a Dodge for as long as I live. Wife's (gf at the time) Avenger was the biggest POS car I've ever had to deal with. I'm sure they've improved, but that car left me scarred.

Edited by Kevbeau

I made the mistake of buying my wife a Neon once. :sick:

My 95 wasn't that bad. 108 thousand nearly trouble-free miles. Yes, I know I'm the only one that can say that.

So this will be post #991 for me. I have to think of something reasonably epic for #1000. :)

To everyone who gave me "advice" last week before my date...thanks haha! everything went well, and still is going extremely well. Taking this one nice and slow. It's F'N Fantastic!

In other news, I'm FINALLY getting onto the slopes tomorrow! first time this season. I cannot begin to express my level of excitement... :D

This is my last Friday of my 30s. Next week, I hit the big 4-0. I'm so freakin' excited. I've never been so pumped for a birthday. And no--I have no explanation. I just am.

So yah. Happy pre-frickin'-birthday to me!

Congrats. You should always be excited about your birthday. Never know if it's your last. Turned 50 this summer and feel great.