F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Today is my last day at my current job. It's been a good job but I'm excited to start a new chapter.

We unloaded three trailers of product today for the new Pure Hockey and ComLax in Henrietta. It's really starting to look like a hockey store now and I think my bosses are starting to like me as a worker. I'm really excited to get this store open next week.

https://www.facebook.com/events/893716477308404

Edited by d4rksabre

Good contractors are FN Fantastic.

I decided late Monday to see about getting a quote for the porch roof repair and submitted something online through HomeAdvisor.com. Tuesday morning one of the matched contractors called, and actually came out later that morning to take a look and do an estimate. In his opinion it was an easy repair to just replace the front-facing board at the bottom edge of the roof and that there was no other damage to be concerned about (on my side or the neighbor's), and he offered to do the work the very next morning. By noon Wed. it's completely finished and looks a hundred times better. As an added bonus, I'd warned him ahead of time about my obnoxious neighbor who was convinced there would be damage on her side, so when she started to come out and raise a fuss about how I'm supposed to be getting her side fixed, he said, "Don't worry ma'am, we're going to make sure everything is solid in there and she's paying for EVERYTHING." All true, of course, but he was smart enough to know you couldn't have told her there was nothing wrong with her side because she wouldn't have believed it. And even though that nasty old witch got a big smile on her face when he told her that (seriously; what kind of miserable person is happy about such a thing?), I'm thrilled to have it resolved and her off my back (for now).

Edited by biodork

Haven't posted here in a WHILE, but just landed a job at Citi here in Buffalo! Pumped to transition from post grad life into the working world and stick around in the area for a while!

Congrats dude! Buffalo is a pretty good town for a new grad to get started. Find yourself a cheap apartment downtown and live the dream.

My mom starts a new job Monday, where she'll finally be salaried again (she's been in a contracted position for a while now). Full benefits, paid vacation, and no more paying estimated quarterly taxes. So happy for her!

Here's a funny one.

Woke up this morning around 3am from a very vivid dream. In this dream it was my last day at work. I was looking in the office area for a closet. Found a closet, dropped trou, and shat all over the floor. Of course, I was caught in the act. I woke up as I was looking for something to clean myself up with and my witness was paging the owner of the company.

I had a brief moment of panic when I woke because the dream was vivid enough that I was afraid I messed myself in bed. :sick: Fortunately, twas just a dream.

I guess somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind I have a vengeful streak. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Gym this morning was F'N Fantastic. Come to work to find out lunch is being bought today out of the blue...Fantastic again.

Fiance's sister turns 21 at midnight. Lots of shenanigans to be had tonight, and with all the drinking in Cortland, it means we get to go to Zonies!! :thumbsup: I'm DD'ing tonight so those two ladies can have a blast (in turn, my fiance is going to DD the night my sister turns 21 in September). It's still gonna be great though

With all the bad going on in the world at the moment I just want to keep this post simple.

You are alive in this world and you are able to read this post and that is F'n fantastic. Enjoy your friday.

Hear hear.

So many complicated issues exploding at once, bringing out some of the worst in everyone... I corrected an image issue on a friend's meme on fb (about Ferguson, was a vaguely racist meme using a photo from the LA riots in '92 and saying it was current- I pointed out the actual source, that is all, no comment on the awfulness itself) and received a few very horrible messages from people I don't know calling me all sorts of horrid names and telling me to let the men talk, to get raped, etc. etc.

But you know what? d4rk brought home some Mayer Bros donuts and cider last night, I've got a busy, productive life, my health, a couple good friends, and plenty of other things to be thankful for... and the poutine truck should be around the corner this afternoon.

Hear hear.

So many complicated issues exploding at once, bringing out some of the worst in everyone... I corrected an image issue on a friend's meme on fb (about Ferguson, was a vaguely racist meme using a photo from the LA riots in '92 and saying it was current- I pointed out the actual source, that is all, no comment on the awfulness itself) and received a few very horrible messages from people I don't know calling me all sorts of horrid names and telling me to let the men talk, to get raped, etc. etc.

But you know what? d4rk brought home some Mayer Bros donuts and cider last night, I've got a busy, productive life, my health, a couple good friends, and plenty of other things to be thankful for... and the poutine truck should be around the corner this afternoon.

I just noticed that your user location is Bartertown. :clapping:

Beyond Thunderdome might be my favorite bad movie. It's so surreal compared to the other two Mad Max films.

I'm so excited that they're rebooting the Mad Max series. There is nothing bad about Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy in my opinion.

It's only been that way for a year....

The law says: bust a deal and face the wheel!

Caaaaaaptaaaainnn Waaaalkerrrrrrr

Beyond Thunderdome might be my favorite bad movie. It's so surreal compared to the other two Mad Max films.

I'm so excited that they're rebooting the Mad Max series. There is nothing bad about Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy in my opinion.

http://youtu.be/akX3Is3qBpw

Caaaaaaptaaaainnn Waaaalkerrrrrrr

So, instead of our usual Friday night X-Files, can we watch Thunderdome tonight instead? Thunderdome, scotch ale or cider/rum, and cinnamon donuts, that's an f'n fantastic friday.

So, instead of our usual Friday night X-Files, can we watch Thunderdome tonight instead? Thunderdome, scotch ale or cider/rum, and cinnamon donuts, that's an f'n fantastic friday.

We don't have Thunderdome. But we do have two copies of Mad Max :oops: