F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

Wow -- how is it that no one has posted in this thread the last three weeks?? I'll go:

1) I've gotten to go snowboarding 4 times so far this year already, and thanks to some help from Mother Nature, the snow has been far better than usual for this area. Here's hoping the groundhog forecasts more winter next week.

2) Tax refunds. This is the only time of year where I'm grateful for my mortgage and student loans, lol. Yeah, the huge majority of my refund is already earmarked between my upcoming dental work and recently completed hot water heater / sump repairs, but I'm so fortunate to have the means to pay for those things.

3) Call me antisocial, but I've had a couple of Saturdays recently (and aiming for another tomorrow) where I don't have to leave my house and see another human being. Solitude can be glorious sometimes.

My son and I got invited to the Nets-OKC game tonight in the fancy seats with free food. (No booze though.) I know many here don't like the NBA, but I do. I've never seen Kevin Durant in person, OKC is in 1st place in the NBA and the Nets are playing quite well lately. And the food at the arena is pretty good for arena food.

• 4 weeks later...

So nothing fantastic in 4 weeks?

No.

Oh. That.

Sorry chz, just sucks :( .

Here is something fantastic that is going to happen. My old roommate from Buffalo is flying down and we are spending 5 days in Savannah for St. Patrick's day.

Edited by LGR4GM

It's sunny and beautiful out. Ok, it's cold as a penguin's nethers and the walk to my car at night is like crossing the Antarctic tundra/scaling K2, but at least it's not cloudy and gross. And the work week is almost over. And beer exists. So does wine. And chocolate.

Trying to be positive- I got all my cruddy news this morning, too late for the complaint thursday thread.

Nothing seems fantastic since I decided to give up beer for awhile. Turning down my wife when she asks "Do you want to go to Victory?" yesterday (despite her not drinking) was one of the hardest things I've ever done. ;)

Nothing seems fantastic since I decided to give up beer for awhile. Turning down my wife when she asks "Do you want to go to Victory?" yesterday (despite her not drinking) was one of the hardest things I've ever done. ;)

Are you sure she meant the brewing company? :unsure:

I'm taking my five year old daughter to the daddy daughter dance tonight at her school. She hasn't stopped talking about it all week and is very excited to get all dressed up to go out tonight. That shapes up for a pretty fantastic Friday night.

That sounds cool man, have fun.

I will kill that woodchuck. Where the ###### is it?

The famous ones are under lock and key I'm sure. They're not living in burrows and they don't get a chance to see if they have a shadow.

The ones that I know will be eating up the daylilies in a few months.

The famous ones are under lock and key I'm sure. They're not living in burrows and they don't get a chance to see if they have a shadow.

The ones that I know will be eating up the daylilies in a few months.

I will kill all of them.

The thread has been locked most Fridays. :P I think the Awesome thread has been filling the void, though.

Having a day off to get some little house projects done is pretty nice, even if I was off sick.

I am going to Savannah for St Pat's but I ordered Cards Against Humanity and they just arrived. St Pat's is going to be even better with this game. On top of that my old roommate will be joining us in Savannah, he's a really good friend and I am excited to have some good drinking stories with him.