F'N...tastic Fridays....

Andrew Amerk

While the last two weeks have been far too busy at work with nowhere near enough sleep, the last few days have had some definite signs of things looking up:

-- After replacing both my router and my laptop battery, the home electronics issues are finally resolved. (As an added bonus, was able to find both items for a lot less $ than I feared.)

-- One of my coworkers, who is a source of near constant frustration due to his laziness and sloppy work, has accepted a job elsewhere and is leaving in about two weeks. :D

-- I get to leave work a little bit early today, and the weather is gorgeous here.

-- My boss offered today that I should focus on my own work and he'll write my portion of an invited review article since the experiments are more important and I've been killing myself trying to get both done. I wanted to ask but didn't want to seem ungrateful for the opportunity, so I'm incredibly relieved that he suggested it.

-- For the first time in a month or two, I won't need to come in to work this weekend. :thumbsup:

Here's hoping my dog won't wake up at 7am Sat. and Sunday again so I can actually get some sleep!

Beautiful day today. Decided to give myself a day off (see: procrastinate putting together the syllabus for my class....which starts Monday). Got a chance to get a nice wash of my car and wax it. First time I've ever waxed my own car, and it turned out really well. Although doing it by hand did convince me that a buffer would absolutely be worth the investment. Regardless, car looks like it was just out of the dealer (....minus the several chips in the paint and chrome from rocks kicking up, including one on the roof...however in the hell that happens). Going to detail the interior Sunday, and the car will be set for awhile.

Sometime in mid-December, I will have a complete line of forwards. Heard BabyPommerFan #3's heartbeat last week :-D

F'n Fantastic!

(Now all I need to do is sell my house in Cinci so we can move out of my parents basement before then)

Edited by LastPommerFan

Sometime in mid-December, I will have a complete line of forwards. Heard BabyPommerFan #3's heartbeat last week :-D

F'n Fantastic!

(Now all I need to do is sell my house in Cinci so we can move out of my parents basement before then)

Congrats! Zone defense only from here on out, no more man to man. My wife was pushing hard for a third a few years ago, but I talked her down.

Finish up work today and I head to Emerald Isle, NC for a week at the beach. F'n Fantastic!

Edited by Claude_Verret

F'n Fantastic!

Congrats!!

Going to Buffalo this weekend with the girlfriend so she can run the half marathon downtown! I'm definitely on auto pilot right now...just waiting for 4pm!! :flirt:

Going to Buffalo this weekend with the girlfriend so she can run the half marathon downtown! I'm definitely on auto pilot right now...just waiting for 4pm!! :flirt:

I've got you beat. I'm leaving at 2.

And if this was Thursday, I'd post about how my supervisor said that they weren't going to close the place early today so if I wanted to leave early (for the drive to Buffalo), I could stay late a couple days earlier in the week to make up for it. I did that and today as I walk in, I see the sign that says they're closing at 3..... but it's not thursday, so I'm not going to do that.

F'n Fantastic!

Congrats, man!

servers went down for updates and what not at 3...just chillin at my desk and walking out the door at 4! F'N Fantastic... :D

Really? That's the last time I'd do updates. If something goes wrong I'm stuck here Friday night, or all weekend if it goes really pear-shaped.

Awesome! I'm flying to Buffalo tomorrow morning, and running the full on Sunday. My brother and sister will the doing the half. I cannot wait!

Sunday afternoon, I've got a few friends coming up from Pittsburgh for the Buffalo Hunters' second home game. The Hunters are one of eight teams in the premier season of the American Ultimate Disc League, the first professional ultimate league. Some of their profits actually benefit Hunter's Hope (as in Jim Kelly's son). http://www.thebuffalohunters.com/www/content/hunters-hope

After that, I will be getting some wings for the first time year... I haven't yet decided where in Buffalo I will have this feast. Then, we will paint the town red. Hoping for a Game 7 to add to craziness that will ensue.

Lastly, my parents will be hosting a BBQ in Rochester on Monday, so I will get to see all my relatives from Buffalo and Rochester. Also, white hots. And last but not least, my mother's homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, which are the best in the world. F'N Fantastic!!!