Lindy Ruff

Rico4Hall12

What she said. Drane, start doing pushups.

When Chz speaks, I do one arm pullups.

I really wasn't trying to get people riled on this...I said I have no idea how practice runs. It COULD have been all in fun, as the shin tap looked playfull....but when Ruff isn't looking and flails his stick backwards at Adam's head.....not my favorite move.

Lindy doesn't need to earn his living with his body anymore. Don't jeopardize some kid by being cute in teaching him a lesson.

He swings a stick at my eyes without looking, he loses his stick. Simple as that.

The tradition of building Pussidome continues.

Quite honestly I have no idea what you are talking about. Your credibility as a poster is fading. If you are seeing some sort of bullying or humiliation in that clip then I won't bother responding to any more of your posts as your ideas about humanity are vastly different than mine.

Quite honestly I have no idea what you are talking about. Your credibility as a poster is fading. If you are seeing some sort of bullying or humiliation in that clip then I won't bother responding to any more of your posts as your ideas about humanity are vastly different than mine.

That's too bad Ink.

Would it help if I said I though Lindy and Adam were just having fun?

"The baby make a poopoo? Who make a poopoo? Lukey make a poopoo? Awe Lukey.....you make a BIG poopoo!!!"

You might want to look again.

Adam is gasping for air with his mouth open after being forced to do pushups. He tries avoiding the stick as Lindy flails it near his eyes.

It isn't laughing something off. Ruff just disciplined him, then continuously invaided his personal space in a non-relevant hockey display. It was demeaning in my opinion. Again, I don't see these guys practice day to day....just the finished product year after year. Maybe it was a joke to Adam....or maybe he is like the abused housewife who laughs off her drunken husband's display in public.."Oh..haha..that's just Bill being Bill!"

I don't respond well to attempted humiliation. I push back, usually with creativity to really rub it in. Maybe displays like this are why the Sabres haven't had a valid captain for the better part of a decade.

Blindly speculating on a 10 second segment of a practice, then turning that speculation into saying that we haven't had a valid captain because of it?

looks like your typical message board fan pushing an agenda

Blindly speculating on a 10 second segment of a practice, then turning that speculation into saying that we haven't had a valid captain because of it?

looks like your typical message board fan pushing an agenda

And in that 13 seconds he had Adam doing pushups, drops 2 F-bombs, tells either Kassian or Adam "You think it's funny?", takes a light whack at Adam's shin, a two handed albeit moderate chop behind his head, Adam ducks another aimed at his face, Ruff makes contact on the shoulder and then says "He doesn't have control of his stick" as he flails a backhaded highstick towards Adam's face while blindsided, not knowing if he is even paying attention to duck it.

And it seems the problem was with Kassian.....I wonder if Lindy has the sack to attempt and demean him like that? Again, I'm saying my instinct is to either grab that stick and make the coach know that isn't cool, or get pissed enough to whack it out of his hand. Then again...it seems like anyone with the guts and nads to do so either doesn't find themself here long, or gets diluted over time.

Again, I don't know what that clip really means....but if I see Hitler at a podium pointing to a flag with the Star of David....my first thought isn't that he is strongly suggesting they put up drapes with that motif in the office.

What's my agenda? Am I Don Cherry's son...hoping he gets one more shot at the brass ring? People have their heads under the Pegula oxygen tent right now...so I assume any idea other than manual stimulation of the organization is going to get criticized.

So be it.

I think what we saw in that video was a lesson aimed as much at Adam as it was at Kassian and that's why Adam was targeted for those chops with the stick. I got a sense that Lindy was frustrated with Adams penalties last year and was making a point at Adams expense to make sure it didn't happen again during his second stint. I also think that Lindy was very clearly establishing that he was alpha male to the newest big dog. And did it against another big dog to show the new dog what is going to happen to him. We talk about Kassian being a little reckless and that he needs his agression focused. I think Lindy was schooling him on how to go about being agressive without incurring interference penalties. And he did it in a way that an agressive young man can appreciate. I doubt he coaches, say, Cody McCormick the same way.

My gut tells me that this isn't uncommon in the NHL when dealing with big, arrogant, hormone raging, young, aggressive athletes that play a nasty game for a living.

Thats the way it sounded to me. I doubt Adams was struggling that much and was petrified, his an Ice Hockey player ffs lol. The point was a very valid one.

That's too bad Ink.

Would it help if I said I though Lindy and Adam were just having fun?

"The baby make a poopoo? Who make a poopoo? Lukey make a poopoo? Awe Lukey.....you make a BIG poopoo!!!"

LOL... Man you can really bring it..

He swings a stick at my eyes without looking, he loses his stick. Simple as that.

The tradition of building Pussidome continues.

And you lose your big shot at being an NHLer, you want it, you learn the game from those who have more experienced.

And in that 13 seconds he had Adam doing pushups, drops 2 F-bombs, tells either Kassian or Adam "You think it's funny?", takes a light whack at Adam's shin, a two handed albeit moderate chop behind his head, Adam ducks another aimed at his face, Ruff makes contact on the shoulder and then says "He doesn't have control of his stick" as he flails a backhaded highstick towards Adam's face while blindsided, not knowing if he is even paying attention to duck it.

And it seems the problem was with Kassian.....I wonder if Lindy has the sack to attempt and demean him like that? Again, I'm saying my instinct is to either grab that stick and make the coach know that isn't cool, or get pissed enough to whack it out of his hand. Then again...it seems like anyone with the guts and nads to do so either doesn't find themself here long, or gets diluted over time.

Again, I don't know what that clip really means....but if I see Hitler at a podium pointing to a flag with the Star of David....my first thought isn't that he is strongly suggesting they put up drapes with that motif in the office.

What's my agenda? Am I Don Cherry's son...hoping he gets one more shot at the brass ring? People have their heads under the Pegula oxygen tent right now...so I assume any idea other than manual stimulation of the organization is going to get criticized.

So be it.

In truth it seems most likely Ruff needed to teach a bunch of upstart kids that you have to be controlled in the NHL, keep good control of your stick, if your going to be aggressive then do it right, his point was waving your stick and arms around is ###### dumb, and demonstrated it. Thats the way I saw it.

I finally watched video after reading ALL these posts. :doh:

You all missed the most important thing. Lindy told Kassian that he is a rookie this year. So it sounds like Lindy expects him to be on the Sabres roster at some point in the season.

You all missed the most important thing. Lindy told Kassian that he is a rookie this year. So it sounds like Lindy expects him to be on the Sabres roster at some point in the season.

Maybe it's the heat, but this Summer just seems longer than Summers past.

Maybe it's the heat, but this Summer just seems longer than Summers past.

idk.. Summer is flying by... This summer has been a lot more fun on the Sabres board with optimism brimming all over the place. Better than last summer in my book.

He's an AHL rookie, too.

You might want to look again.

Adam is gasping for air with his mouth open after being forced to do pushups. He tries avoiding the stick as Lindy flails it near his eyes.

It isn't laughing something off. Ruff just disciplined him, then continuously invaided his personal space in a non-relevant hockey display. It was demeaning in my opinion. Again, I don't see these guys practice day to day....just the finished product year after year. Maybe it was a joke to Adam....or maybe he is like the abused housewife who laughs off her drunken husband's display in public.."Oh..haha..that's just Bill being Bill!"

I don't respond well to attempted humiliation. I push back, usually with creativity to really rub it in. Maybe displays like this are why the Sabres haven't had a valid captain for the better part of a decade.

I guess you see what you see. I don't think it is hockey informing how you see it. But I think you see what you see. :lol:

I am not sure "abusing" is the right word. I just remember watching a hungry, bright-eyed Vanek come into this league who would drive to the net or ride a d-man into the boards....and after 2 straight years in and out of the Lindy dog-house, he slowly relegated to more of the system player and lost that "oomph" he had coming out of college. We just don't ever see home-grown leaders develop on this team. Sure, hockey skills improve....but name the last homegrown guy deserving to wear a C, other than Gaustad...who also is a shell of his former fiesty self.....

I don't really remember that at all being the case........But I do remember a Vanek that had no idea what a back check was and skated half speed try to cover his guy in our defensive zone.

I really am getting the feeling that you watched this once, maybe three days ago, and you've been filling in the gaps with how you want to remember it.

1) Chz explained, as I suggested, that the losing team (here, at least Adam and Kassian) does push-up. Nothing unusual or singled out.

2) He doesn't say "you think it's funny?" After saying to Kassian that the reason he'll get called is because he's a rookie, Kassian laughs, and Lindy say "don't laugh; it's f**king true; ask Luke." Your way sounded very aggressive, but he wasn't at all. He just wanted Zack to realize that it's true.

3) He doesn't flail the backhand. You can tell that he's controlling it and takes a last second peak at Luke. Even if Luke had taken his helmet off and looked up at the rafters, he wasn't going to get hit hard.

Again, you are seeing what you want to see. This is about as light-hearted a demonstration as I've experienced in competitive sports. I wish some of my coaches had made their points with as much of a fun feel.

Again, you are seeing what you want to see. This is about as light-hearted a demonstration as I've experienced in competitive sports. I wish some of my coaches had made their points with as much of a fun feel.

Actually, he's just ranting about what the character he plays here would want to see.

Archived