Lindy Ruff

Rico4Hall12

In truth it seems most likely Ruff needed to teach a bunch of upstart kids that you have to be controlled in the NHL, keep good control of your stick, if your going to be aggressive then do it right, his point was waving your stick and arms around is ###### dumb, and demonstrated it. Thats the way I saw it.

That WAS probably the lesson.

Again....my instincts are, you put something in my face or near my eyes....I am going to grab it. It is human instinct. Especially after the 3rd different stop/start of it.

There are some things that should set off your basic instincts and some things you can control. An object, let alone a possible weapon, being flailed about your face and eyes is one of them. Adam failed to react in an instinctive manner other than to dodge it....but he didn't attempt to neutralize the threat. All I was doing was speculating on why that was given the past 14 years.

Maybe those 13 seconds were only a metaphor from a scene coming up in a Ryan Miller produced short film where Lindy is cast as the priest and Adam the altar boy. You must trust the authority figure, who is plunging oblong objects towards your face, and the flock must accept and not question the act for the good of the community.

One of my favorite Lindy lines, "Legs feed the wolf gentleman. AGAIN!"

That's clever.....maybe when he asks Kassian a question he can follow it up with "Beuller?...Beuller?"

I also find it ironic that the two predators of wolves are bears and eagles. Maybe that's why the Sabres couldn't win a playoff series recently?

Again....my instincts are, you put something in my face or near my eyes....I am going to grab it. It is human instinct. Especially after the 3rd different stop/start of it.

There are some things that should set off your basic instincts and some things you can control. An object, let alone a possible weapon, being flailed about your face and eyes is one of them. Adam failed to react in an instinctive manner other than to dodge it....but he didn't attempt to neutralize the threat. All I was doing was speculating on why that was given the past 14 years.

Luke's wearing a helmet with a visor. He ducks one and flinches away from the last one (though contact is still made.) How much danger was there really? Is it unreasonable to think that he had faith in a guy who's been coaching for a decade and a half without maiming anyone in practice, after playing for his whole life, isn't going to hurt him? Luke reacted as I would expect someone in his situation to react, so it's hard for me to see it as a symptom of something wrong with Lindy's coaching style.

Luke's wearing a helmet with a visor. He ducks one and flinches away from the last one (though contact is still made.) How much danger was there really? Is it unreasonable to think that he had faith in a guy who's been coaching for a decade and a half without maiming anyone in practice, after playing for his whole life, isn't going to hurt him? Luke reacted as I would expect someone in his situation to react, so it's hard for me to see it as a symptom of something wrong with Lindy's coaching style.

You see what you see...I see what I see.

I'm sure Lindy's real goal is to get Adam to 190lbs.

Maybe those 13 seconds were only a metaphor from a scene coming up in a Ryan Miller produced short film where Lindy is cast as the priest and Adam the altar boy. You must trust the authority figure, who is plunging oblong objects towards your face, and the flock must accept and not question the act for the good of the community.

The metaphor for Development Camp instruction is pedophilia? :blink: :(

Something fun is made ugly, base, impoverishing.....and honestly and unflinchingly, it's crap.

It's no surprise. It's a pattern.

That WAS probably the lesson. Again....my instincts are, you put something in my face or near my eyes....I am going to grab it. It is human instinct. Especially after the 3rd different stop/start of it.There are some things that should set off your basic instincts and some things you can control. An object, let alone a possible weapon, being flailed about your face and eyes is one of them. Adam failed to react in an instinctive manner other than to dodge it....but he didn't attempt to neutralize the threat. All I was doing was speculating on why that was given the past 14 years. Maybe those 13 seconds were only a metaphor from a scene coming up in a Ryan Miller produced short film where Lindy is cast as the priest and Adam the altar boy. You must trust the authority figure, who is plunging oblong objects towards your face, and the flock must accept and not question the act for the good of the community.

You see what you see...I see what I see.I'm sure Lindy's real goal is to get Adam to 190lbs.

ummmmmm WTF? This is some sort of crazy, insane, babble that makes absolutely no sense at all. Honestly both of these posts just make me believe you hate ruff and you are taking out some anger issues on this board. Seriously? Ruff is trying to get adam's weight down what? And Ruff apparently likes to shove things in ppl's faces? This sort of conversation that you started isnt you reaching for something to complain about, its you inventing from thin air something that does not exist. What you want ruff to cuddle the players and be nice to them all the time, god forbid he smacks one once in a while with a stick WHILE PLAYING HOCKEY. I am sorry but these two posts might be the worst ones i have ever read on this board and that includes shrader and korab's (who was wrong, Boyes plays center so ) quips about an argument that took place in march over player's positions. Let it go and stop being a hate monger or go cheer for another team... holy crap. :wallbash: :wallbash:

ummmmmm WTF? This is some sort of crazy, insane, babble that makes absolutely no sense at all. Honestly both of these posts just make me believe you hate ruff and you are taking out some anger issues on this board. Seriously? Ruff is trying to get adam's weight down what? And Ruff apparently likes to shove things in ppl's faces? This sort of conversation that you started isnt you reaching for something to complain about, its you inventing from thin air something that does not exist. What you want ruff to cuddle the players and be nice to them all the time, god forbid he smacks one once in a while with a stick WHILE PLAYING HOCKEY. I am sorry but these two posts might be the worst ones i have ever read on this board and that includes shrader and korab's (who was wrong, Boyes plays center so ) quips about an argument that took place in march over player's positions. Let it go and stop being a hate monger or go cheer for another team... holy crap. :wallbash: :wallbash:

I'm going back to talking to my dog. She seems to have a better propensity to think abstractly.

I need PA here for some sanity.

I'm going back to talking to my dog. She seems to have a better propensity to think abstractly.

you just said ruff was a pedophile how is that SANE? Also what kind of dog do you have, i was thinking about getting a puppy.

Correct.

Although I guess it is accepted to say, "One hell of a coaching job there Brasky!", but not to question the methods used given a 14 year record of results.

Again....has anyone come up with a name of a homegrown, viable captain this administration?.....still waiting on that one.

Track record: 4 final four appearances and a presidents' trophy. No TEAM has been to the conference finals more often except for Detroit in the last 14 years. And think of some of the rosters Ruff has had to work with. Think of some of the other work conditions, like, oh, a bankruptcy and a meddling team president. Not too shabby.

Captaincy: Someone should start a thread about that or something.

-Huh? Golf course? Did I dream that whole thing? Maybe the desert was just this sand trap. Oh, and I bet that crazy pyramid was just the pro shop. And that talking coyote was really just a talking dog.

-Hi, Homer. Find your soulmate.

-Hey, wait a minute! There's no such thing as a talking dog!

-Bark!

-Damn straight!

you just said ruff was a pedophile how is that SANE? Also what kind of dog do you have, i was thinking about getting a puppy.

The joke was Ryan Miller and his Sundance hobby.

I have a funny feeling this is going to be spring of 2007 again.

And be careful getting a puppy and making a 15 year obligation after such a whirlwind of personal emotions. If you have thought it out clearly, cool, but it would stink bringing him back in 6 months to the shelter because you made a quick decision.

I wonder if we could get the rest of "Team Stormcloud" to get the other stalions players. Then they could have cute little matching jerseys :thumbsup:

I think Team Stormcloud is obsolete. I'm going to be limited the next month anyway. I don't heckle the kids standing in line for Justin Bieber tickets, so I should just leave well enough alone.

The joke was Ryan Miller and his Sundance hobby.

I have a funny feeling this is going to be spring of 2007 again.

And be careful getting a puppy and making a 15 year obligation after such a whirlwind of personal emotions. If you have thought it out clearly, cool, but it would stink bringing him back in 6 months to the shelter because you made a quick decision.

True, and I dont think we win the cup this year.

Also, I cant get a puppy til i get a new job and move but I am up for a 15 year commitment at least my dog won't leave me (well it could but it won't cuz im always good to my animals)

at least my dog won't leave me (well it could but it won't cuz im always good to my animals)

As opposed to your women? :o

(I kid, I kid. Breakups are tough, especially (I imagine) once you're at the engagement level, but I hope you can still find humor in such jokes. Let me know if it's still too soon.)

I think you should. At least your dog won't verbally challenge your delusions.

Right - it must be lonely trying to stir the mud on your own. I'm fairly convinced that's all you're after here. You're doing PA proud, assuming you're not PA yourself.

If that was anything worse than games 1-5 of this past years' playoff I'll end up joining you on the sideline.

I'm all for taking my lumps. I have found over the years that if something is not directly in front of someone, they have a hard time accepting or even understanding the possibilities. Especially if they have a bias in place. I said 5 different times I don't know for sure what was going on in that clip, but given my fimiliarity, I am not afraid to speculate. You don't have to agree with my viewpoint, but to deny it is even a possibility is folly.

That happened big time in 2007. You become the bad guy by pointing out weakness and potential poor outcomes. It's even worse as those things start to be proven as true. You get ridiculed for warning, then are the bad guy when you capitalize off of your own opinion which was laughed at in the first place.

I guess 99% are fine with Ruff's action in that video. Hey....nobody said being in the 1% is easy. It's just easily the most profitable when you are correct.

I think you should. At least your dog won't verbally challenge your delusions.

Right - it must be lonely trying to stir the mud on your own. I'm fairly convinced that's all you're after here. You're doing PA proud, assuming you're not PA yourself.

I'm not stirring anything. I spoke against Il Duce....and now OVRA takes me to task.

The laugh here is that you think you have a great ability to communicate abstractly. Which is the art of creating an additional or third category. (For example...whoever created Chet and Muffy...that is funny and an abstract category).

Let's be clear....there is great tolerance for dissent here, especially ones that are argued sensibly.

...but why should we tolerate vague, leaky, ugly, sexually prurient metaphor?

The deficiency is not in the community's intelligence. (which you seem to hint at with some smarm) :)

And you take that and mix it with some perceived wounds you have from 2007. Pathetic, man.

Archived