Enroth signed

BetweenThePipes00

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AkvyaYucaITpHVQfuBm.7td7vLYF?slug=ap-sabres-moves

if you scroll down to the bottom, Regier believes Enroth will be signed by the end of the week. This is good because we are getting our team all set and also, the players who will be waived to rochester now maybe more motivated... Hope Enroth is kept behind miller because then milsy will be fresher for the playoffs. If it does get done that only leaves MAG to be signed. The team looks pretty respectable and I wonder if any trades will occur.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=AkvyaYucaITpHVQfuBm.7td7vLYF?slug=ap-sabres-moves

if you scroll down to the bottom, Regier believes Enroth will be signed by the end of the week. This is good because we are getting our team all set and also, the players who will be waived to rochester now maybe more motivated... Hope Enroth is kept behind miller because then milsy will be fresher for the playoffs. If it does get done that only leaves MAG to be signed. The team looks pretty respectable and I wonder if any trades will occur.

Also of note is that Regier claims Pominville will be back in time for training camp.

According to this Enroth is signing in KHL

According to the "HP" the second goalkeeper of the club the National Hockey League Jonas enroth in the current season to sign a contract with a club in the Kontinental Hockey League.

-Old goalkeeper, who played in North America the past few seasons and has earned a reputation as a reliable and promising goalkeeper intends to give a new round of his career.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hockeypravda.ru%2Fnews%2Fshow_news.php%253Fid%3D7319%26usg%3DALkJrhgHPd60KvW80J9hRPjHpfAHSs8Bbg

Oh, snap.

Sounds like Enroth isn't willing to wait for Miller to step aside and wants to prove he's a #1 goalie now? There are backups available on the FA market but they are gonna affect our cap more than Enroth would methinks. Edit- Turco and Conklin are still available I think.

Can you say 75 games for Miller? Sure you can.

Why go the KHL, if he really just wanted to prove his a no.1 he could request a trade? Just PS to create news as they can't create Stamkos rumors any more imho.

Well most teams are pretty well set with their goalies so requesting a trade isn't going to get him very far ... he's have to beat out someone established most places anyway.

I think chz is right, the KHL is his only leverage so I suspect his agent is just making it known they are looking into it. I guess if someone over there offered him $2 or 3 million a year it would be hard to pass it up, but ... it would strike me as a very headcase kind of move.

Oh, snap.

Sounds like Enroth isn't willing to wait for Miller to step aside and wants to prove he's a #1 goalie now? There are backups available on the FA market but they are gonna affect our cap more than Enroth would methinks. Edit- Turco and Conklin are still available I think.

Can you say 75 games for Miller? Sure you can.

If no Enroth, i'm thinking MacIntyre is given every shot at being Millers backup.

The thing I wonder about Enroth...he played 55 games last year between Portland and Buffalo.

Essentially the organization used Enroth as the backup from Portland, giving him lots of playing time to stay sharp - with regularly scheduled NHL starts. (until Miller was injured) - (Lalime was the Emergency Keeper)

There will be a slight, albeit natural decline if Enroth plays only 20 games next year as a backup.

That's a huge reduction in work.

As for the Russian stuff --- I think that would be a lousy career move for him.

...well now Hockey Heaven just saw a storm cloud on the horizon and I hope it blows over because Enroth is the best goalie we have in the system and Miller needs a backup who can actually not suck... posturing please be posturing.

This would be devastating. Without Enroth, the Sabres sign another (!) journeyman backup and Ruff will do what he always does -- play him once a month for three months, get awful results, and then decide he can't afford to play him EVER. Miller plays 75 games, is burned out by playoff time, and gets outplayed in the first round by some nobody.

Enroth and the Sabres were NOT that far off on money. Just pay him and let's get on with our lives. We're paying everyone else whatever they want; why did we decide to turn this into a mess?

The thing I wonder about Enroth...he played 55 games last year between Portland and Buffalo.

Essentially the organization used Enroth as the backup from Portland, giving him lots of playing time to stay sharp - with regularly scheduled NHL starts. (until Miller was injured) - (Lalime was the Emergency Keeper)

There will be a slight, albeit natural decline if Enroth plays only 20 games next year as a backup.

That's a huge reduction in work.

As for the Russian stuff --- I think that would be a lousy career move for him.

It is something to watch IMO. We have no idea how he'll turn out stepping off the bench every 4th or 5th game (at least I hope it would be every 4th game). If he isn't able to maintain his level of play at that pace we could end up with yet another iffy backup for Ryan Miller.

It is something to watch IMO. We have no idea how he'll turn out stepping off the bench every 4th or 5th game (at least I hope it would be every 4th game). If he isn't able to maintain his level of play at that pace we could end up with yet another iffy backup for Ryan Miller.

I think all the hype with Enroth can be similarly looked at like the hype towards MAG. The kid clearly has upside, but he hasn't spent a whole season here yet.

If Enroth does in fact go to the KHL, well, sucks for him. I'd be totally okay with giving McIntyre a shot at the big club.

While i do want enroth dressing in blue and gold on a regular basis this year, it's not the end of the world if he doesn't.

I think Enroth knows this isn't a good move for him. So does his agent. I can't see him dropping a support role for Miller in the NHL for a gig in KHL obscurity where the Sabres can still retain his rights.

Marketing move.

"Hockey is a man's game. The team with the most real men wins."- Brian Burke. This quote has to be fake, did he really say that? Sorry, irrelevant but I had to comment when I saw it :).

"Hockey is a man's game. The team with the most real men wins."- Brian Burke. This quote has to be fake, did he really say that? Sorry, irrelevant but I had to comment when I saw it :).

I didn't hear it personally but he supposedly said it in an interview.

Archived