Enroth signed

BetweenThePipes00

If you don't feel this is news and worth fretting over....maybe you would like to direct your view to THE MODERATOR who posted the news that Enroth has signed with a KHL team.

Thank You

If it's Chz's post we're talking about, she linked to an item that says that Enroth is close to a deal with the Sabres. The translation (google) of that item:

TASK: Jhon Enroth has not managed to agree with Buffalo yet about a new contract. Now the club are stepping up negotiations.

- I am an optimist and believe that a deal is completed by the end of the week, said Buffalo general manager Darcy Regier.

That snippet linked to another article. Again, the article talks about Enroth in Buffalo, not the KHL: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=sv&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://hockey.expressen.se/nhl/1.2505004/enroth-mot-nytt-nhl-kontrakt&usg=ALkJrhgEFhlWDQSHR0d1zDndOySfSgX5rA

Haggling assumes they are in constant dialog. They probably aren't.

These agents have schedules too....

It probably goes like this...."We want to get Sekera done, and then we'll see where we are in terms of the cap...I got 90 minutes free Friday morning, so if that is good for you we can talk then, I'll have two options for term that you'll need to show Jhonas....we know he liked the two-year, but I'll have a 3-year with some new numbers . Okay, Friday at 10:00 our time. Talk to you then."

Haggling assumes they're negotiating something, but I'm not sure what the Sabres are hoping to achieve by trying to get Enroth's price down from $700,000 per season.

They don't seem far apart and the player seems like a safe bet even if they paid him *more* than what he is apparently asking for. Now maybe he's asking for more than what we've heard about, or maybe there's been some scheduling conflict where they can't meet his agent and get it done, or maybe some other fluke thing has happened to slow this down. Anything is possible.

But based on what we've heard so far, the Enroth negotiations don't seem to fit in with the rest of this offseason.

Sorry I thought she was just making a joke about the media since the story was 8 days old. She's not as obviously funny as you are, but she's subtle.

I didn't click on it...sorry. I was taking it at face value and assumed people don't take it serious because it isn't on CBS Evening News.

I'm not trying to be snotty with anyone. At least not today :nana:

I do find one thing interesting....

Why are none of you calling him Ethron?

I didn't click on it...sorry. I was taking it at face value and assumed people don't take it serious because it isn't on CBS Evening News.

I'm not trying to be snotty with anyone. At least not today :nana:

I do find one thing interesting....

Man I hope that phase has passed.

If you don't feel this is news and worth fretting over....maybe you would like to direct your view to THE MODERATOR who posted the news that Enroth has signed with a KHL team.

Thank You

My inbox is closed for today. I'm just the messenger. I only posted and clearly said "according to this report" or somthing to that effect. You can unbunch the panties. Purple polka-dots aren't they?

If it's Chz's post we're talking about, she linked to an item that says that Enroth is close to a deal with the Sabres. The translation (google) of that item:

TASK: Jhon Enroth has not managed to agree with Buffalo yet about a new contract. Now the club are stepping up negotiations.

- I am an optimist and believe that a deal is completed by the end of the week, said Buffalo general manager Darcy Regier.

That snippet linked to another article. Again, the article talks about Enroth in Buffalo, not the KHL: http://translate.goo...1zDndOySfSgX5rA

The earlier article I posted mentioned the KHL. For all I know they could have typed KHL instead of NHL.

Sorry, but when Sekera gets 4 years and a 4.75 million signing bonus, Enroth shoulda been offered a cool million, knowing he was gonna be the backup, simply based on what he did for us last year. Golisano ain;t the owner anymore. That kind of respect and gratitude was well deserved, IMO, and I don't care if "we're fine" and "he'll sign whatever we offer him", that wasn't my point. Pegulaville is getting kinda weird, IMO.

He has not yet assumed the mantle of ETHRON and stepped onto the ice to do battle for 2011-12.

Man I hope that phase has passed.

Oh, it has not.

I never understood what that meant.. I inferred, but I'm sure I was wrong...

Someone misspelled; the board ran with it.

Our first capable backup since Marty Biron..........with all the money being thrown around to potential in players {Sekera, Leino). Plus all the other signings....do we just let go of Enroth over a million a year...if thats what this ends up? No. McIntyre was added to give depth to the organization plus light a little fire under the Buffalo pair. The sabres are aiming at a cup contender and I would think it would be a huge mistake to lose enroth, obviously. They've played a bit of hardball with him but maybe they're just stalling till they can make a trade of some kind to free up space.

Archived