Enroth signed

BetweenThePipes00

They open the wallet and spend like drunken sailors on the three guys they just picked up, but the guy who basically was the difference between the Sabres making the playoffs and not making them, Enroth, they lowball when he doesn't even want Lalime money, kinda sickens me. Dunno. The guy was a better backup than Biron was in 2005-2006. And all he wants if $700K. Blows my mind he isn't already signed at a cool mil and a hefty thanks for last year.

They open the wallet and spend like drunken sailors on the three guys they just picked up, but the guy who basically was the difference between the Sabres making the playoffs and not making them, Enroth, they lowball when he doesn't even want Lalime money, kinda sickens me. Dunno. The guy was a better backup than Biron was in 2005-2006. And all he wants if $700K. Blows my mind he isn't already signed at a cool mil and a hefty thanks for last year.

Calm down there drama queen.

They didn't low ball Enroth at all. It was a qualifying offer. They simple want the time to get the cap situation under control, then they'll sign him.

Sheesh, everyone gets way to deep on situations such as this. Both Enroth and Gragnani will have contracts in hand before camp opens for sure.

Enroth is the Sabres future #1 IMO. Sign him already!

Enroth is the Sabres future #1 IMO. Sign him already!

I still dont understand people for thinking this. You honestly think that enroth who is so undersized is going to be better than miller?? While he played great last year in a backup role that is what I think his future is. He might be a stop gap between miller and our next franchise goaltender but I doubt he stays here that long. This will most likely be his last contract with the sabres that is my expectation.

HopefulFuture is right .... there is no need to sign him right now. I'd hate to see the panic if you guys were fans of Nashville or L.A. with Weber and Doughty unsigned at this point (neither of them is going anywhere either). This is a backup with 15 career games ... future No.1 or not, he has no leverage . It will be fine.

I still dont understand people for thinking this. You honestly think that enroth who is so undersized is going to be better than miller?? While he played great last year in a backup role that is what I think his future is. He might be a stop gap between miller and our next franchise goaltender but I doubt he stays here that long. This will most likely be his last contract with the sabres that is my expectation.

The guy wasn't drafted in the 2nd round to be a career backup!

He has all the physical tools and is plenty big enough.

The question is, and is with most athletes, is the mental part. Does he or doesn't he have it? From what i've seen he does and that bodes well for the Sabres or whoever, if the sabres choose to trade him. He will not stand to be Miller's backup for 3 more years.

Lest we forget, Hasek was essentially a backup in Chicago. He really flourished after coming to Buffalo and getting some real NHL game experience. Enroth has shown he can play in the AHL, and in his limited time on the big club, he has shown he can certainly play well enough to stay. So, Enroth backs up Miller for this season and shows his chops. If another team likes him, he could be traded. If he REALLY plays well, maybe Miller backs up Enroth the following season. Stranger things have happened....:blink:

Foto: Getty ImagesJhonas Enroth.

Tisdag 12 Jul 18:41

"Vi vill ha lite mer pengar"

Men Enroth tror på lösning

Buffalo Sabres har storsatsat i sommar och har NHL:s hösta lönebudget. Det har emellertid blivit ett litet problem för Jhonas Enroth, som fortfarande står utan nytt kontrakt.

- Vi vill ha lite mer pengar än de erbjuder, säger han till hockeysverige.se.

Jhonas Enroth fick ett mindre genombrott i NHL under slutet av grundserien i våras. Den 23-årige stockholmaren, som har tillbringat den större merparten av sina fyra nordamerikanska säsonger i AHL, fick hoppa in när den ordinarie förstamålvakten Ryan Miller blev skadad och hjälpte laget till slutspel genom att storspela i några nyckelmatcher.

Inför nästa säsong är det tänkt att Enroth ska spela för Buffalo Sabres på heltid, men än så länge har han inte fått skrivit under något nytt kontrakt. På grund av Sabres tunga free agent-satsning på spelare som Christian Ehrhoff och Ville Leino har klubben ytterst lite utrymme kvar under lönetaket. Det fick till följd att Sabres första bud till Enroth stannade vid, med NHL-mått mätt, blygsamma 525 000 dollar, ett anbud som han och hans agenter snabbt nobbade.

- Vi är ute efter lite mer än så. Det finns målvakter i den här ligan som har spelat färre matcher än vad jag har gjort, men som ändå tjänar mer pengar. Runt 700 000 dollar hoppas jag på, säger Jhonas Enroth till hockeysverige.se och tillägger att det är ett envägskontrakt han suktar efter.

- Jag känner att jag fick bra erfarenhet i slutet av säsongen och att jag är värd ett envägskontrakt.

I think I just had an epiphany and figured out what the chef on the muppets has been saying all these years.

The guy wasn't drafted in the 2nd round to be a career backup!

He has all the physical tools and is plenty big enough.

The question is, and is with most athletes, is the mental part. Does he or doesn't he have it? From what i've seen he does and that bodes well for the Sabres or whoever, if the sabres choose to trade him. He will not stand to be Miller's backup for 3 more years.

Goaltenders are volatile projects. Stock can soar and sink in the same week.

Although I'm happy with Enroth's development thus-far, Drew McIntyre is truly a player that has been buried in the system.

These are some impressive numbers - he's been buried behind Cory Schneider in Vancouver's system, and Atlanta's mistake of giving Ondrej Pavelec a one-way contract.

Drew MacIntyre

Goalie

Born Jun 24 1983 -- Charlottetown, PEI

Height 6.01 -- Weight 184 -- Shoots L

Selected by Detroit Red Wings round 4 #121 overall 2001 NHL Entry Draft

Season Team Lge GP Min GA EN SO GAA W L T Svs Pct

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1999-00 Sherbrooke Beavers QMJHL 24 1253 67 0 0 3.21 10 7 2 670 0.900

2000-01 Sherbrooke Beavers QMJHL 48 2552 139 0 4 3.27 17 22 3 1415 0.902

2001-02 Sherbrooke Beavers QMJHL 55 3028 201 0 1 3.98 15 34 3 1833 0.890

2002-03 Sherbrooke Beavers QMJHL 61 3515 161 0 2 2.75 31 24 5 1750 0.908

2003-04 Toledo Storm ECHL 11 574 25 1 0 2.61 6 4 0 282 0.919

2004-05 Toledo Storm ECHL 2 87 6 1 0 4.12 0 1 0 34 0.850

2004-05 Grand Rapids Griffins AHL 24 1048 47 0 1 2.69 7 8 0 431 0.902

2005-06 Grand Rapids Griffins AHL 13 681 33 2 0 2.91 8 4 0 287 0.897

2005-06 Toledo Storm ECHL 33 1981 68 0 2 2.06 24 7 2 845 0.926

2006-07 Manitoba Moose AHL 41 2290 83 3 3 2.17 24 12 2 981 0.922

2007-08 Vancouver Canucks NHL 2 61 3 0 0 2.95 0 1 0 19 0.864

2007-08 Manitoba Moose AHL 46 2736 106 5 2 2.32 25 18 2 1232 0.921

2008-09 Milwaukee Admirals AHL 55 3180 122 6 4 2.30 34 15 4 1419 0.921

2009-10 Chicago Wolves AHL 41 2246 95 4 3 2.54 20 17 2 1050 0.917

2010-11 Chicago Wolves AHL 20 1135 55 0 0 2.91 12 5 1 529 0.906

2010-11 Hamilton Bulldogs AHL 21 1241 39 2 1 1.89 12 6 2 588 0.938

Lest we forget, Hasek was essentially a backup in Chicago. He really flourished after coming to Buffalo and getting some real NHL game experience. Enroth has shown he can play in the AHL, and in his limited time on the big club, he has shown he can certainly play well enough to stay. So, Enroth backs up Miller for this season and shows his chops. If another team likes him, he could be traded. If he REALLY plays well, maybe Miller backs up Enroth the following season. Stranger things have happened....:blink:

Has he though? His AHL stats are rather pedestrian. Personally, I do think it's his time to play in the NHL, but if we're going to look at AHL performance, MacIntyre has the edge there.

Has he though? His AHL stats are rather pedestrian. Personally, I do think it's his time to play in the NHL, but if we're going to look at AHL performance, MacIntyre has the edge there.

I think it is a mistake to give Enroth a 1-way. I very much like the idea of him competing with MacIntyre for the role.

I think it is a mistake to give Enroth a 1-way. I very much like the idea of him competing with MacIntyre for the role.

And if Enroth's confident enough in his abilities, he should think he'll win that #1 job. If that happens and the numbers being thrown around in here are correct, he actually makes more money off of that 2-way deal.

And if Enroth's confident enough in his abilities, he should think he'll win that #1 job. If that happens and the numbers being thrown around in here are correct, he actually makes more money off of that 2-way deal.

In some ways it is similar to the Tim Kennedy situation last year. Signing Kennedy to the one-way would have buried Gerbe in the AHL --- but the one-way is an even worse for situation for MacIntyre.

I guess i dont put much stock in goalie draft choices just because they are so raw when they are picked and buffalo's plan is always to let them develop as long as possible. I dont think being a 2nd round choice means that you will be the starting goalie someday and I also dont see enroth beating out miller in the next 4 years... if this is the case he will be the backup until whatever contract he signs is over and after that if he keeps being a good backup I see him signing with a team in need of goalie help and sharing the time as the starter with another promising goalie.

Foto: Getty ImagesJhonas Enroth.

Tisdag 12 Jul 18:41

"Vi vill ha lite mer pengar"

Men Enroth tror på lösning

Buffalo Sabres har storsatsat i sommar och har NHL:s hösta lönebudget. Det har emellertid blivit ett litet problem för Jhonas Enroth, som fortfarande står utan nytt kontrakt.

- Vi vill ha lite mer pengar än de erbjuder, säger han till hockeysverige.se.

Jhonas Enroth fick ett mindre genombrott i NHL under slutet av grundserien i våras. Den 23-årige stockholmaren, som har tillbringat den större merparten av sina fyra nordamerikanska säsonger i AHL, fick hoppa in när den ordinarie förstamålvakten Ryan Miller blev skadad och hjälpte laget till slutspel genom att storspela i några nyckelmatcher.

Inför nästa säsong är det tänkt att Enroth ska spela för Buffalo Sabres på heltid, men än så länge har han inte fått skrivit under något nytt kontrakt. På grund av Sabres tunga free agent-satsning på spelare som Christian Ehrhoff och Ville Leino har klubben ytterst lite utrymme kvar under lönetaket. Det fick till följd att Sabres första bud till Enroth stannade vid, med NHL-mått mätt, blygsamma 525 000 dollar, ett anbud som han och hans agenter snabbt nobbade.

- Vi är ute efter lite mer än så. Det finns målvakter i den här ligan som har spelat färre matcher än vad jag har gjort, men som ändå tjänar mer pengar. Runt 700 000 dollar hoppas jag på, säger Jhonas Enroth till hockeysverige.se och tillägger att det är ett envägskontrakt han suktar efter.

- Jag känner att jag fick bra erfarenhet i slutet av säsongen och att jag är värd ett envägskontrakt.

I think I just had an epiphany and figured out what the chef on the muppets has been saying all these years.

Translation: Yergen Blergen, Yergen Blergen, YERGEN BLERGEN!!!

In some ways it is similar to the Tim Kennedy situation last year. Signing Kennedy to the one-way would have buried Gerbe in the AHL --- but the one-way is an even worse for situation for MacIntyre.

I don't know if that's really true. One-way is all about salary, not waiver-status or anything else like that. Under TG, yes, if Kennedy had been on a one-way deal, they would not have sent him to the AHL, still making his NHL salary, and called up Gerbe to make his NHL salary. Doing so would have increased payroll, which wasn't allowed. Now, TP would pay for that move if it's in the clubs best interest. I'm not saying that they should throw away his money needlessly, but if the only way to get the deal done is to give him a one-way deal at (say) $700k and they have at least a reasonable expectation that they'll want to keep him up, then giving it too him isn't much of a risk. If MacIntyre beats him in camp or if Enroth struggles as a backup, then they can be swapped. It will cost more in real $'s spent, but would have no other impact on the team's management.

I don't know if that's really true. One-way is all about salary, not waiver-status or anything else like that. Under TG, yes, if Kennedy had been on a one-way deal, they would not have sent him to the AHL, still making his NHL salary, and called up Gerbe to make his NHL salary. Doing so would have increased payroll, which wasn't allowed. Now, TP would pay for that move if it's in the clubs best interest. I'm not saying that they should throw away his money needlessly, but if the only way to get the deal done is to give him a one-way deal at (say) $700k and they have at least a reasonable expectation that they'll want to keep him up, then giving it too him isn't much of a risk. If MacIntyre beats him in camp or if Enroth struggles as a backup, then they can be swapped. It will cost more in real $'s spent, but would have no other impact on the team's management.

Excellent points.

I guess i dont put much stock in goalie draft choices just because they are so raw when they are picked and buffalo's plan is always to let them develop as long as possible. I dont think being a 2nd round choice means that you will be the starting goalie someday and I also dont see enroth beating out miller in the next 4 years... if this is the case he will be the backup until whatever contract he signs is over and after that if he keeps being a good backup I see him signing with a team in need of goalie help and sharing the time as the starter with another promising goalie.

Why bother wasting a pick and taking a goalie in the 2nd round?

Why wouldn't all teams wait until the late rounds to draft goalies or just sign a couple year vet through FA.

Miller is not the be all end all. That mindset has got to stop. There are a lot of goalies out there better than him.

What if Enroth > Miller, then what if MacIntyre > Enroth. Then what do the Sabres do?

Why wouldn't all teams wait until the late rounds to draft goalies or just sign a couple year vet through FA.

Miller is not the be all end all. That mindset has got to stop. There are a lot of goalies out there better than him.

What if Enroth > Miller, then what if MacIntyre > Enroth. Then what do the Sabres do?

You play the best goalie obviously, I dont think miller is the be all end all my post doesnt even imply that but i do see that mindset here. I do think that miller will be better than any goalie we currently have on the roster for the next 4-5 years. That results in them not playing in that many games, which causes them to prove themselves as a backup. After proving themselves as a back up contracts expire and we are not going to give our backup starter money, however another team is going to do that and take a chance that they can keep up their production in a starter role. While you may be under the idea that when this happens we should get rid of one of the best goalies in hockey for his backup and take a chance that he has a longer shelf life and can produce up to millers stats then so be it. I would not do that. I think potential is awesome but im not giving up miller to find out. A lot can happen between now and then but im talking in the present, no hypotheticals.

"Of the 30 starting goalies in the NHL last season, seven were first-rounders, compared to five drafted in the second round, three in the third and an astounding 10 from rounds four and beyond. Five were undrafted free agents.Included in the group drafted in the fourth round or later are expected Vezina Trophy winner and Stanley Cup champ Tim Thomas (ninth round, 1994), Pekka Rinne (eighth round, 2004), Ryan Miller (fifth round, 1999), Miikka Kiprusoff (fifth, 1995) and Henrik Lundqvist (seventh, 2000)."

A lot of teams do wait for the later rounds to take goalies so i dont really know where you were going with that. Being a highly drafted Goalie is not like being a highly drafted quarterback. When you are a high QB you almost always get a chance to be the starter and based on your play you lose that job. Enroth is not some once in a lifetime talent, he also doesnt have more natural talent than miller, I dont know who said that earlier but I dont know how you judge that off of 15 games at the NHL level??? The reason teams dont wait til the later rounds for a goalie is because they think they have found that guy the stars took jack campbell 6th overall because they thought he will be the next ryan miller after an excellent world juniors but these teams understand it will be 3-4 years before they make it to the NHL and anything can happen. Just because a guy is drafted high does not mean he is slotted in somewhere in the future.

By that logic they should let Miller, Enroth, MacIntyre and Leggio all play around 20 games each to see which one is really better. I mean, why stop at MacIntyre? What if Leggio is better? Connor Knapp looked good at development camp I hear. Hell, with the logjam on defense maybe they should strap some pads on Alex Biega. You never know!!!

You have established your opinion that Miller is average and should be replaced ASAP with someone better/cheaper/both. The current discussion is about what they should do with Enroth's contract ... so for these purposes, let's deal in the reality that the Sabres, no matter how foolishly in your opinion, seem to believe that Ryan Miller is their best goaltender and he is going to play 60 games again next season and probably the season after that. Because no matter what any of us think, that is the Sabres plan. So they have to fit Enroth into THAT PLAN. Whether he is the next Terry Sawchuck or not is totally beside the point ... he has no leverage and he has to wait his turn, no matter how insane you might think that is.

Archived