Confirmed: Sabres sign Leino

spndnchz

Leino played center until he was 23 yrs old. Sabres are out on Richards. Sabres will use Leino as a center.

Mother of god.

Several great moves followed by signing a guy who hasnt played center in 5 years, to be your .....#1 or #2 center?

Strange things are afoot at the circle k.

The rumor of Tim Connolly at 1.4 mil is interesting.

Ive been screaming for him to be traded for the past 4 or 5 years now lol, but at 1.4, if he would take it, could be pretty intriging.

We all know that when he is healthy and interested in playing, he is a point per game kinda player.

If we could get Timmy for 1.4 & he plays 75% of the season averaging a point per game, i think it would be a steal.

But i think it makes more sense for him to leave, since what his agent said the other day that we hadnt even given him an offer yet.

Toronto would be good for him, if he goes for more then 1.4 they can have him

Nick Kypreos via twitter: “Hearing rumblings #NHL teams presenting to Brad Richards are pitching 12.8M max offer in years 1 and 2. Crazy money out there.”

Have you read the title of this thread?

The rumor of Tim Connolly at 1.4 mil is interesting.Ive been screaming for him to be traded for the past 4 or 5 years now lol, but at 1.4, if he would take it, could be pretty intriging.

We all know that when he is healthy and interested in playing, he is a point per game kinda player.

If we could get Timmy for 1.4 & he plays 75% of the season averaging a point per game, i think it would be a steal.

But i think it makes more sense for him to leave, since what his agent said the other day that we hadnt even given him an offer yet.

Toronto would be good for him, if he goes for more then 1.4 they can have him

It's also total BS from what I have read and heard.

Also to respond to Taro T, it was on WGR this morning that Pegula was at the office of richards this morning and the sabres made their pitch first thing this morning.

They were NOT the 1st ones in the office. They spoke w/ Morris BEFORE 12 noon to finalize the deal for McCORMICK.

The 1st team to talk w/ Morris about Richards were the LOAFS.

There was a guy & camera crew from TSN camped in front of the office since at least 11:30AM. They SAW & FILMED Morris & Richards entering the office ~11:45AM. The SABRES HAVE NOT SPOKEN w/ MORRIS & RICHARDS YET.

And NONE of this has ANYTHING to do w/ Ville Leino.

I think anyway you look at it, our team is better than it was last year. So I have no complaints. Besides, we're less than 7 hours into the first day of Free Agency, and IIRC, didn't Darcy say the trade route was the most likely way that the Sabres would upgrade at center? So alot more movement to come in my opinion.

"The fans are going to love him," Briere said by phone. "I know personally I loved playing with him. He's a very creative player, very strong on the puck, exciting to watch. He's a clutch player, as you guys have seen in the playoffs.

"It's disappointing for me to see him leave but I'm happy that he's going to a place I know very well and a place he's going to be appreciated."

-- John Vogl

Interesting move.

But a bad move in my most humble opinion. Not what the doctor ordered. He's just not an impact player up the middle, not when he played center and not when he played wing.

But, overall, the Sabres made steps in the right direction so far. We'll have to wait to see what, if any moves, will be made throughout the off season and into the regular season to tweak the roster.

Not a fan of this move to be honest, would have much rather have made a trade or signed Richards to be honest.

Who cares? It's not costing you anything.

This is a terrible argument. Even if the fans don't sign the checks, the team has limited resources. A bad contract on the books can prevent them from making other moves to improve the team.

Leino was 'plan B'.

When have we ever had to settle for plan b under Pegula?! What's up with that? :)

Plan B was signing a winger to play center. I guess this is what happens when Pegula's money can't get the job done. Where is cdex? He needs to add a hand coming from the ground onto his avatar.

Haha, yeah Terry is slipping, he's nothing like he used to be, we should get rid of him! lol

(Get your rotten tomatoes and eggs to throw at me /sarcasm)

Sounds to me like you want B. Thomas Golisano and Larry Quinn still running the show...

Interesting move.

But a bad move in my most humble opinion. Not what the doctor ordered. He's just not an impact player up the middle, not when he played center and not when he played wing.

But, overall, the Sabres made steps in the right direction so far. We'll have to wait to see what, if any moves, will be made throughout the off season and into the regular season to tweak the roster.

Not a fan of this move to be honest, would have much rather have made a trade or signed Richards to be honest.

I'm no expert at hockey (yeah, overstating the obvious), but perhaps there may be a factor that I either haven't read here or missed earlier in the thread: Chemistry. That is a possibility for next year.

Archived