Confirmed: Sabres sign Leino

spndnchz

Like in Game 6?

If the Sabres are going to get two stud centers, it's going to be more money than that out the door. The fact that they just signed a left wing might mean....

I can't bring myself to type it.

Versteeg who is younger and more talented went for picks. If they need a winger to fill a spot for a possible player on the way out there were other options, cheaper and more talented.

Versteeg who is younger and more talented went for picks. If they need a winger to fill a spot for a possible player on the way out there were other options, cheaper and more talented.

Timing plays a part sometimes. Maybe they didn't have a perceived need to replace anyone at the time Versteeg was traded.

I'm still not happy.

If they signed Leino, Ennis has to be part of package with Sekera to acquire a center

That would be my guess.

I really liked Leino's game (well, actually I HATED it, you know what I mean) in the playoffs. I thought Filly would make a push to keep him, but if he's worth almost $5/yr I see why they didn't.

It definitely is interesting.

:thumbdown: You obviously didn't watch what he did this year, especially after Carter went down. I like him, he was money in the playoffs. You know, when it counts.

Either way he doesn't fill our postional need down the middle, and signing him adds salary which makes everything more difficult.

TSN had Leino as the 4th best fwd available.

He's a big game player and only 27 years old, hitting his prime.

Didn't like TSN showing the slug logo when announcing it though. Come on TSN, the slug is done.

TSN had Leino as the 4th best fwd player available.

He's a big game player and only 27 years old, hitting his prime.

Didn't like TSN showing the slug logo when announcing it though. Come on TSN, the slug is done.

Fixed it for you.

Have patience guys, i dont get why there's all these WTF's?

We finally have an owner who is making moves, the whole league is talking about us & theres still people here bashing & booing, its like cmon lol, i dont get some of our fans.

I remember during the draft how everyone on this board was talking trash about the ownership & then they went out & made a splash to get Regehr & everyone reversed their thinking.

We went out & got Erhoff & now Ville Leino & we're still not done

None of us here know exactly what the plans are & what are next moves are gonna be.

Instead of WTF, why dont you just enjoy the moment & relish in it for a bit?

These are great days to be a Sabres fan!

Good job Pegula, youve made a believer outta me!

Yeah because Detroit doesn't know how to find and draft Euro talent, right?

What I can tell you is the flyers fans I know are bitter that Leino isn't a Flyer anymore.

The guy is slick and I think our PP is going to have wicked talent two deep at each position now.

TSN thinks it's a great deal.

Agree a trade must be in the works.

from wikipedia

Awards

* SM-liiga - All-Star 2006[10] and 2008[11]

* SM-liiga - player of the month, January 2006 and October 2007

* SM-liiga - Lasse Oksanen trophy for best player of the regular season, 2008

[edit] Records

* NHL - most points in the Stanley Cup Playoffs by a rookie (2010) (tied with Dino Ciccarelli)

* NHL - most assists in the Stanley Cup Playoffs by a rookie (2010)

* NHL - most assists in the Stanley Cup Finals by a rookie (2010)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ville_Leino

Have patience guys, i dont get why there's all these WTF's?

We finally have an owner who is making moves, the whole league is talking about us & theres still people here bashing & booing, its like cmon lol, i dont get some of our fans.

I remember during the draft how everyone on this board was talking trash about the ownership & then they went out & made a splash to get Regehr & everyone reversed their thinking.

We went out & got Erhoff & now Ville Leino & we're still not done

None of us here know exactly what the plans are & what are next moves are gonna be.

Instead of WTF, why dont you just enjoy the moment & relish in it for a bit?

These are great days to be a Sabres fan!

Good job Pegula, youve made a believer outta me!

Most of us are a little befuddled at the last move. We were thinking a streak route, and he went with a post kind of thing...

I'm relishing in the first two moves, (three if you count McCormick) but I am really scratching my head here.

I just want to see what's next.

This is an interesting signing, i believe a trade of some sort is coming for a center. However, also Tyler Ennis was a center in junior before joining sabres system.

I wouldn't be so sure Ennis is part of any deal, if anything Sabres may be considering moving Ennis to Center

Yeah because Detroit doesn't know how to find and draft Euro talent, right?

What I can tell you is the flyers fans I know are bitter that Leino isn't a Flyer anymore.

The guy is slick and I think our PP is going to have wicked talent two deep at each position now.

TSN thinks it's a great deal.

Agree a trade must be in the works.

The Red Wings traded him away. He also only had 5 goals and 11 points on the power play.

from wikipedia

Awards

* SM-liiga - All-Star 2006[10] and 2008[11]

* SM-liiga - player of the month, January 2006 and October 2007

* SM-liiga - Lasse Oksanen trophy for best player of the regular season, 2008

[edit] Records

* NHL - most points in the Stanley Cup Playoffs by a rookie (2010) (tied with Dino Ciccarelli)

* NHL - most assists in the Stanley Cup Playoffs by a rookie (2010)

* NHL - most assists in the Stanley Cup Finals by a rookie (2010)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ville_Leino

Most players don't have their rookie season at the age of 27.

This is an interesting signing, i believe a trade of some sort is coming for a center. However, also Tyler Ennis was a center in junior before joining sabres system.

I wouldn't be so sure Ennis is part of any deal, if anything Sabres may be considering moving Ennis to Center

Was screaming for Ruff to play Ennis at center last year. Seems a natural. I was pretty sure he was going to have Miller play center before he gave Ennis a chance.

Archived