Confirmed: Sabres sign Leino

spndnchz

I'm not saying that we're out of the running for him, but if we wouldve waited around, hoping to sign him & then we didnt get him, some of these other UFA's couldve been gone & signed by other teams by then, leaving us with Chris Drury or Timmy C.

This.

Also, if you're Brad Richards and the Sabres are still coming after you (who says they aren't?) and they've already landed Regehr, Ehrhoff AND Leino, wouldn't you look at the Leafs, Kings and Rangers and ask "so what else are you doing to make your team a Cup contender?" Their answer: "Well, we're saving our money in case you sign with us and then we'll go pick up what's left with what we have left." Richards: "What IS left?" What are they going to say?

Wow ok Rangers and Leafs u guys can have Richards. Just read a report that teams pitching to Richards mainly the Leafs and Rangers are offering Richards 6 and 7 year contracts with years 1 and 2 paying the MAX.

If that's the case u can have him...i'm not paying MAX to anyone unless his name is Malkin, Stamkos, Crosby or Ovechkin

No Connolly please! He cannot be our answer to center problem because he's been the problem since '06.

Whether he's coming back or not, I wouldn't worry about it either way if the only person telling you about it is the guy that's saying Pegula met w/ Richards prior to Regier signing Leino.

Just sayin' ....

Two.

Scoring 3 goals against the defensive challenging sabres then disappearing next round doesnt qualify in my book. The year before he was a beast.

Ennis and Gerbe, with far less experience, had more productive seasons.

We will be complaining about this guys production per dollar next season. Just watch.

Its not about the guys skill set, its $4.5 seems very high for a guy who is 28 years old and 30 NHL goals. He has had success in the playoffs, but i smell carlos beltran here. Paying too much for one good postseason.

Ugh. Thou shalt not speak of that guy's name to a Braves fan.

I like the Leino deal, not huge career numbers, but his 53 points last year would have been 2nd on the Sabres. If we get 50-60 pts per from him and he keeps performing in the post season, its a fine deal. As for Connolly, $1.4m would be fine for a 3rd center that can kill penalties and chip in some goals.

Archived