Confirmed: Sabres sign Leino

spndnchz

Either way he doesn't fill our postional need down the middle, and signing him adds salary which makes everything more difficult.

You seem to be operating on the assumption they're done making moves...

Wow, bashing the newest signing already? I like the guy's game. He's young, he can score, he is a playoff performer. And, if we have/had credible reason to believe that we were never going to land Richards, they why not spend some available cash on a very good winger?

Wow, bashing the newest signing already? I like the guy's game. He's young, he can score, he is a playoff performer. And, if we have/had credible reason to believe that we were never going to land Richards, they why not spend some available cash on a very good winger?

:doh:

The Red Wings traded him away. He also only had 5 goals and 11 points on the power play.

Relax.

To those who say he had one good season, he's had two very good post-seasons. One is nice. Two tells you what kind of player he is in the clutch.

Rather than say "so no Richards," I would say "so no Drury." Sounds like a lot of you would be happy with that.

And I highly doubt we are done.

The Red Wings traded him away. He also only had 5 goals and 11 points on the power play.

I believe you would find something negative to say if the Sabres win the cup. I understand skepticism but you take it to another level.

Somewhere, there's a SenLuca91 saying:

Philly has gotten better. Montreal is getting better. Buffalo just got a whole lot better. And what has Ottawa done? Big, Bald, Alex Auld.

Feels kinda nice, huh?

Just heard on TSN that Sabres apparently are very close or have re-inked Tim Connelly for a reported 2 year deal worth 1.4 million a year.

This post is missing the Peter Pan link. Please edit accordingly.

Just heard on TSN that Sabres apparently are very close or have re-inked Tim Connelly for a reported 2 year deal worth 1.4 million a year.

The Leino signing is okay, but if a 2 year extension for Connolly is in the works, then :doh:

That would take some wind out of my sails, unless of course its a sign and trade type deal.

Look what he did once leaving Detroit. To use GODDs logic, maybe they have Babcock pegged with forwards not producing.

I like the pickup of Leino.

He's a tough kid, has good hands, plays Lindy's 2 way style pretty well & he should fit in good here.

I'm glad we didnt put all our eggs in the Brad Richards basket.

I'm not saying that we're out of the running for him, but if we wouldve waited around, hoping to sign him & then we didnt get him, some of these other FA's couldve been gone & signed by other teams by then, leaving us with Chris Drury or Timmy C.

It never hurts to add talent & better players to your roster & thats what we've been doing the past few weeks.

With the exception of the 2nd coming of Kotalik lol

I do hope Kotalik returns to his old form but i can see him in the minors too

Archived