Confirmed: Sabres sign Leino

spndnchz

Ah, okay. I don't get this. The D moves make total sense. I do not get this. At. All.

They either think he can be a capable center, or they are going to make a trade happen.

$4+ mil a year for a 27 year old LW that has 30 career goals and 73 career points? This has to be step one to a bigger trade.

Very short resume but he's settled in nicely in the NHL, and I love his game. I completely agree that another big trade must be coming, some of our other wingers are going the other way.

That is a joke. Leino is trash.

:thumbdown: You obviously didn't watch what he did this year, especially after Carter went down. I like him, he was money in the playoffs. You know, when it counts.

ennis is cheaper and more effective at LW, granted that makes him prime for a trade, why spend so much on a contract. nothing about this move makes sense to me.

I would rather see a Adam on the wing to start the season. This is a bad contract.

maybe a dumb question, but can't many wingers play both sides?

i suppose. but it's sort of like how some wingers can slide to center. i believe our top RWs are Pomminstein, stafford, and boyes. they can play elsewhere, but that's where they play naturally.

:thumbdown: You obviously didn't watch what he did this year, especially after Carter went down. I like him, he was money in the playoffs. You know, when it counts.

Like in Game 6?

I hope it involves Leino. $4+ mil is shocking. That price may make him difficult to trade.

If the Sabres are going to get two stud centers, it's going to be more money than that out the door. The fact that they just signed a left wing might mean....

I can't bring myself to type it.

Archived