Confirmed: Sabres sign Leino

spndnchz

Sabers vs flyers series has been playing all week on the NHL network. Game six is on tonight. I have been watching it and keying on leino. I see why they think he can play center. He skates really well, is strong on the puck and protects it well. He really acted as a center on the briere line, as Danny spent the entire series hiding behind miller's net.

The scary thing is that Hecht spent a lot of time acting like a decent center on Briere's line too ... then Briere left and he spent a lot of time acting like a not-so-decent center ...

On the other hand, perhaps Ennis can be similar enough to Briere that it will work for Leino. I think he is a good player and have no problem with them giving it a shot, they know way more than I do ... but even if he is an all-star, they are still thin down the middle unless Adam makes a big leap.

The scary thing is that Hecht spent a lot of time acting like a decent center on Briere's line too ... then Briere left and he spent a lot of time acting like a not-so-decent center ...

On the other hand, perhaps Ennis can be similar enough to Briere that it will work for Leino. I think he is a good player and have no problem with them giving it a shot, they know way more than I do ... but even if he is an all-star, they are still thin down the middle unless Adam makes a big leap.

maybe there's a reason they have adam ennis and Kassian playing together at development camp?

maybe there's a reason they have adam ennis and Kassian playing together at development camp?

Ennis and Adam played together for a few games last season when Adam was up and I thought they worked really well together (big guy goes to the net, fast little guy goes everywhere).

They also collaborated on the most spectacular non-goal I have ever seen: When Adam backhanded the puck into the open net but Ennis had his stick in the net and managed to stop the puck in mid-air along the goal line with the blade of that stick and stopped the puck from going in.

Ennis and Adam played together for a few games last season when Adam was up and I thought they worked really well together (big guy goes to the net, fast little guy goes everywhere).

They also collaborated on the most spectacular non-goal I have ever seen: When Adam backhanded the puck into the open net but Ennis had his stick in the net and managed to stop the puck in mid-air along the goal line with the blade of that stick and stopped the puck from going in.

I could see those guys on a line this year. ........just stop saving each others goals. :beer:

Archived