Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

If the Sabres don't get an answer say by 3 they should pull the offer and go elsewhere. To much potential shenanigans behind the scenes if Calgary is playing games. If nothing else the Sabres should work the phones and work on other deals and if they get one to their liking go for and call the Flames out.

Wonder who leaked this, sounds like Calgary to try and get more... The Sabres should go after one of the players Calgary covets to spite them if they can't get a deal done before the draft and then leak it right before 3pm.

Jeez, I worked in politics too long... Paybacks were a @#$#!.

While the team hasn't done it yet - it is nice to know that they can buy out some of these big contracts or just send the big contract down to the minors if they want now.

Hey Amerks fans - you want Stajan or Kotalik? :)

On the prospect front - I really don't want the Sabres to lose Foligno (and am glad no one is mentioning Kassian.)

Didn't see this posted:

As I told you Thursday, the Sabres may have to take on salary. Add Niklas Hagman to the list along with Matt Stajan and Ales Kotalik that might be coming to Buffalo. After three straight 20 goal seasons Hagman struggled last year scoring 11 goals and 16 assists in 71 games. He has one more year at $3-million dollars left on his deal.

Luke Adam has been a name kicked around as part of the deal. Who knows if that will happen, but I can tell you it won't be somebody off the current roster. It'll be a prospect, a pick or both.

http://wgr550.com/HAMILTON-UPDATE--The-latest-on-Regehr/10196743

If the Sabres don't get an answer say by 3 they should pull the offer and go elsewhere. To much potential shenanigans behind the scenes if Calgary is playing games. If nothing else the Sabres should work the phones and work on other deals and if they get one to their liking go for and call the Flames out.

Wonder who leaked this, sounds like Calgary to try and get more... The Sabres should go after one of the players Calgary covets to spite them if they can't get a deal done before the draft and then leak it right before 3pm.

Jeez, I worked in politics too long... Paybacks were a @#$#!.

The delay in this deal has nothing to do with the Calgary organization. It's all Regehr. And while the Flames aren't necessarily looking for a better offer, Regehr probably is. Noticing that he's available, other teams probably will come knocking. Calgary didn't do this intentionally, they wanted to make the deal straight away. If we lose Regehr to a better offer, it's Regehr's doing.

And while I'm at it, forget Bieksa. From all accounts he has NO interest in Buffalo.

still waiting on Dredger to make it official and his tweeter is silent as of this second....

Also I think Regehr brings more to the sabres than Bieksa IMO.

He is bigger. He is stronger. He is a defense first player. Bieksa has other intangibles. Mean, quick, has offensive upside over Regher. But Buffalo needs to change the culture around the crease and Regher fits the bill nicely.

Archived