Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

Interesting = Wikipedia already has Regehr as a member of the Sabres. as an Alternate Captain to boot......do they know something we don't?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robyn_Regehr

That's the problem when you let anyone edit pages. I'd go change it back, but I'm feeling a little lazy right now.

Edit: someone already fixed it.

there are rumblings that Ottawa is involved and this is a 3 way trade. They want Jay-Bo from Calgary. Buffalo wants Spezza. Calgary dumps a lot of salary to Ottawa.

Buffalo: Regehr, Spezza

Calgary: Pysyk, 3rd, Chris Phillips, Chris Neil, unknown prospect (Ott)

Ottawa : Bouwmeester, Stajan, 1st (Buff 2012), Gaustad, Foligno

there are rumblings that Ottawa is involved and this is a 3 way trade. They want Jay-Bo from Calgary. Buffalo wants Spezza. Calgary dumps a lot of salary to Ottawa.

Ottawa : Bouwmeester, Stajan, 1st (Buff 2012), Foligno

Where are these rumblings coming from? Sounds a little too good to be true. (Especially the part about getting Neil the F out of the division.)

Where are these rumblings coming from? Sounds a little too good to be true. (Especially the part about getting Neil the F out of the division.)

The reason the Sabres trade for a center (Spezza) has been held up since Wednesday is because it involves Calgary obviously.

So the interview with Kevin Devine said that, depending on the situation, we'd be interested in:

1) trading our first pick (due to picking well in previous drafts and creating a well-stocked prospect pool) or

2) trading down in the first round (because expectations are that picks 7-22 are of roughly similar caliber this year) and/or

3) re-acquiring a second round pick (Calgary has 45th pick; we traded 46th pick to StL)

It's hard to see trading our first for Regehr without some other compensation. Even Regehr and a 2nd for our 1st is a little stretch for a stay at home D (though it really does fill a Sabres hole, it doesn't seem like the right market price). That makes me wonder what's in the works. Boyes maybe, but word is that Calgary wants to move Salary out in order to retain Tanguay and Boyes doesn't do that.

Wow, what activity today.

Not a buyer on Regehr chatter :thumbdown: Dont need another Rivet/Spacek slot IMO. Perhaps Lindy and Darcy have a hard-on for the Western guy and want to flex their Pegs. Not a buyer.

Are you the dope who called WGR and mouthed off about him being "another Rivet" how clueless can someone be, you'd think they never watched any games.

Some people are just ignorant and enjoy complaining about anything this organization does. I am so sick of the nonsense from callers on WGR and the STUPIDITY displayed on message boards. Fans crying that Buffalo can't get top players and then when they make a move to get one of the most PHYSICAL DMEN IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE, people whine and PRETEND that the player sucks. Rivet? Spacek? Really??? Regehr has been a very very good Defensive dman since the lockout. Think Jay McKee x 3.... His specialty is shutting down highly talented players and intimidating. He hasn't had a minus rating in 8 seasons. Wake up. Rivet was washed up, Spacek was a decent dman with a great shot on the PP. Regehr is only 31 and has at least 3 good years left.

Are you the dope who called WGR and mouthed off about him being "another Rivet" how clueless can someone be, you'd think they never watched any games.

Some people are just ignorant and enjoy complaining about anything this organization does. I am so sick of the nonsense from callers on WGR and the STUPIDITY displayed on message boards. Fans crying that Buffalo can't get top players and then when they make a move to get one of the most PHYSICAL DMEN IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE, people whine and PRETEND that the player sucks. Rivet? Spacek? Really??? Regehr has been a very very good Defensive dman since the lockout. His specialty is shutting down highly talented players and intimidating. He hasn't had a minus rating in 8 seasons. Wake up. Rivet was washed up, Spacek was a decent dman with a great shot on the PP. Regehr is only 31 and has at least 3 good years left.

Calm down cowboy. Just my opinion for the consensus. I am not at the point to mortgage first round picks, etc. for him.

Sorry that this is the first fish on your hook, hope you dont lose it.....

Realistic? Regehr is probably a Miller protector if it works out. For the record, I'll vote for a center.

Some people are just ignorant and enjoy complaining about anything this organization does. I am so sick of the nonsense from callers on WGR and the STUPIDITY displayed on message boards. Fans crying that Buffalo can't get top players and then when they make a move to get one of the most PHYSICAL DMEN IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE, people whine and PRETEND that the player sucks. Rivet? Spacek? Really??? Regehr has been a very very good Defensive dman since the lockout. His specialty is shutting down highly talented players and intimidating. He hasn't had a minus rating in 8 seasons. Wake up. Rivet was washed up, Spacek was a decent dman with a great shot on the PP. Regehr is only 31 and has at least 3 good years left.

I looked at Regehrs blocked shots and Hits and hes pretty high up there. I do not think he is in anyway the same as Rivet and Spacek had a great shot and was good while here so idk why hes being mentioned. I agree some ppl do not even look up a guy they just hear something and complain a lot. This is the type of player who would help us but I would like to know the cost. Waiting continues.

I looked at Regehrs blocked shots and Hits and hes pretty high up there. I do not think he is in anyway the same as Rivet and Spacek had a great shot and was good while here so idk why hes being mentioned. I agree some ppl do not even look up a guy they just hear something and complain a lot. This is the type of player who would help us but I would like to know the cost. Waiting continues.

I've been watching hockey along time. 4.02 to protect? Cant we get Weber or Montador to be that guy or have forwards protect themselves? My guess is that no one wants Butler. I also do not think think Myers needs a mentor at this point. Doesnt that crossover into coaching?

Regehr per yahoo 6.24.11:

"The hard-nosed leader has two years remaining on his contract that has a cap hit of 4.02 million each year. If he agrees, he's immediately provide size and toughness to a team that sorely needs to protect its smaller forwards. And he'd be an excellent mentor to Tyler Myers who could then be freed to return to his more offensive ways. "

This is WAY too good to be true. I'll eat my life size Mike Ramsey poster if this happens.

where? I have not seen that deal from a single reliable source, nor do I understand it. We give up a 1st Pysyk gaustad and Foligno and get Regehr and Spezza... seems we maybe going a little light considering what ottawa wanted for spezza at the deadline (ennis and stuff), I would like to see this confirmed before putting any faith in it being legit, because if we give up the little items you claim, than I am all for it, but I think your blowing smoke.

Do we have a source for that? It goes contrary to the actual buzz coming out of Calgary over clearing cap room to finish the Captain Canada trade. They don't clear enough space for that to work. From Buffalo's perspective, it would be a little tough. Two top prospects, Number One Pick and Number 3 Pick sounds fine to me, if a little light. It's the Gaustad part that seems off to me from Buffalo's perspective. I think he's too good in the room and that despite getting a #1 center it opens another spot lower down the depth chart that they'll have trouble having the money to fill in there AND get Myers locked up.

All that being said, I'd take it, find someone like Florida who's having trouble getting to the Salary Floor for a late pick and go for it. I just don't see it happening.

As for the Regehr trade in general. I like the thought of him coming here and pairing up with Myers. I like him being a tough veteran defender and think that if he's paired with Myers, his numbers going forward could rebound (not that that's what we're getting him for).

Coming back, well, that's another thing all together. I hear the Sabres value Sekera higher than the rest of the four youngsters due to potential (as exhibited by the whole 'playing better than Chara at the Olympics' thing) and personally feel MAGs isn't going to move (but he may have high value with his AHL award and playoff performance). To be quite frank, I'd prefer not to see Ennis or MAGs go but any of the rest of the younger players would be fine, to my mind. And, if it's Luke Adam (as has been suggested by Paul Hamilton talking to people at the Draft) then I sure as hell had better not be eating extra salary, but don't mind it.

I think we give up too much here and get too little.

Regehr is fine. But Spezza? This guy hasn't scored a point per game in the past three years. And in the past seven years he's only played all 82 games once. IOW, he gets hurt every season. Plus he's not a power forward, which we might get with our nr. 1 pick this year and which this team desperately needs.

Plus we give up our nr. 1 pick (big mistake) and Foligno. I can understand why Ottawa wants him - to join his brother - but earlier rumors had US getting Foligno from them for the same reason.

I have no problem giving up Pysyk, Gaustad, or our 3rd pick. But Spezza is NOT the nr. 1 center this team needs and not at that price.

I am trusting that this rumor is not true, because with the draft pick involved, the Sabres would be more demanding for an immediate decision by Regehr. It seems as of now that he can take as long as he needs to decide.

I am trusting that this rumor is not true, because with the draft pick involved, the Sabres would be more demanding for an immediate decision by Regehr. It seems as of now that he can take as long as he needs to decide.

Quoted for Truth.

Though, I would suggest that Spezza is better than imagined. Yes, he only has 57 points the last two seasons, but they were both injury shortened (60 and 62 respectively) on a depleted Senators team that has a hell of a lot less for other teams to worry about, without his running buddy in Heatley those years and missing Alfie for a lot of last season. That being said, I'm not sure he's a fit, as wicked as it sounds to put Vanek/Spezza/(Ennis/Stafford) out as a top line in an EA Sports NHL Hockey sense, I'm not sure how Spezza and Vanek look on a line together. Like I said, I'd probably take it if this was the case, which I don't think it is, but it's not a perfect picture for me.

I think we are giving up too much if the the facts above are true. Fine giving up Pysyk, Foligno and Gaustad, but not another number 1 in 2012. I would gut Goose or Foligno out of that mix if you can't hold next year's no. 1. But I think the Sabres should hold No. 1 Plus do we really want the Foligno brothers playing together?

Archived