Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

This came from that twitter link that was posted earlier.

gotitotti Michael Fabrig

RT @fan960boomer: Regehr update: hearing another team is kicking tires, bringing the total to as many as six teams inc Sabres interested.

I wonder who the other teams are that are inquiring?

Hockeybuzz speculating:

* Sabres and Flames still talking Regehr, but the trade rests entirely in Robyn's hands right now. This is why I am not a fan of releasing rumors saying a player is trying to decide if he will waive a No Trade Clause. Regehr is now in a no win spot. He negotiated this No Trade, and has every right to NOT accept a trade...however if he says no to the trade and ends up staying in Calgary how will the fans feel?

That being said, other teams, the Sharks, the Red Wings, the Islanders and the Capitals all have strong interest in Regehr...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=36589&blogger_id=1

From Lebrun:

Robyn Regehr remained undecided Friday about waiving his no-movement clause for a trade to Buffalo. "Obviously Robyn's been in Calgary his entire career," his agent J.P. Barry told ESPN.com. "This is quite possibly one of the most important decisions regarding the next phase of his career. He needs to think about his family and needs time to determine whether this is the right move."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/9682/countdown-to-july-1-updates-on-brewer-sharp-jeff-carters-reaction-to-trade

Hockeybuzz speculating:

* Sabres and Flames still talking Regehr, but the trade rests entirely in Robyn's hands right now. This is why I am not a fan of releasing rumors saying a player is trying to decide if he will waive a No Trade Clause. Regehr is now in a no win spot. He negotiated this No Trade, and has every right to NOT accept a trade...however if he says no to the trade and ends up staying in Calgary how will the fans feel?

That being said, other teams, the Sharks, the Red Wings, the Islanders and the Capitals all have strong interest in Regehr...

Now that's funny right there.

He's spent his whole career in Calgary, has a family there. It's a tough choice. I don't think it's about Buffalo. It's more about being close to home vs. moving. He can take all the time he wants up to June 30th IMO. He took less money on this contract so he could have his NMC and have time to think.

Let him be sure he wants to come here.

From Lebrun:

Robyn Regehr remained undecided Friday about waiving his no-movement clause for a trade to Buffalo. "Obviously Robyn's been in Calgary his entire career," his agent J.P. Barry told ESPN.com. "This is quite possibly one of the most important decisions regarding the next phase of his career. He needs to think about his family and needs time to determine whether this is the right move."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/9682/countdown-to-july-1-updates-on-brewer-sharp-jeff-carters-reaction-to-trade

I really think this is the holdup, and not hockey department issues.

Honestly, until yesterday, I didn't even think about Regehr as a Sabre. Makes me wonder who else is out there that could be had. I will not be crushed if the deal doesn't happen. Sure would help if we knew what was supposed to go the other way though. Hopefully Darcy is out there kicking other tires while Regehr does the same.

Honestly, until yesterday, I didn't even think about Regehr as a Sabre. Makes me wonder who else is out there that could be had. I will not be crushed if the deal doesn't happen. Sure would help if we knew what was supposed to go the other way though. Hopefully Darcy is out there kicking other tires while Regehr does the same.

I really think the chances are less than 50% he waives his NMC.

But at least this puts the league on alert that the swap meet is open.

I hope from the Sabres standpoint that is true. ?Do the Sabres make the offer less sweet after the draft? Do they go after Erhoff or someone else with a similar offer?

That may be more significant that the trade itself. If there are any preconceived notions regarding DR's trade tendencies (or lack thereof), this may have just changed some minds. Especially since the word is CGY liked the Sabres offer the best.

Agree--it does prove the Sabres are in the game which is what most of us were hoping for.

Do you think he will waive the NMC for anyone besides the Sabres?

Agree--it does prove the Sabres are in the game which is what most of us were hoping for.

Do you think he will waive the NMC for anyone besides the Sabres?

I think so. I think since they asked him to move it he will. I mean personally, I would not want to be on a team anymore if they asked me to waive my no trade clause. The first deal is always the hardest. Once the sabres get one, I feel like they will be more comfortable and they will go with the flow

I think so. I think since they asked him to move it he will. I mean personally, I would not want to be on a team anymore if they asked me to waive my no trade clause. The first deal is always the hardest. Once the sabres get one, I feel like they will be more comfortable and they will go with the flow

I would have to assume that if the Sabres aren't demanding an immediate answer, this may not be a draft sensitive deal on the table....which would lead me to believe that no picks are involved in the proposal.

I get the fact that he worked hard to get the NMC and this choice will affect his family. I really do...but...while he "absorbs" he's now got a fair portion of the Sabre roster wondering if they are heading to Calgary or where they will be next year. Hope he realizes the longer he waits, the higher the expectations become if he does agree to move IMO.

I get the fact that he worked hard to get the NMC and this choice will affect his family. I really do...but...while he "absorbs" he's now got a fair portion of the Sabre roster wondering if they are heading to Calgary or where they will be next year. Hope he realizes the longer he waits, the higher the expectations become if he does agree to move IMO.

I doubt he cares, nor should he. He earned his NMC.

This is why NMCs and NTCs shouldn't be allowed in the next CBA. I know Regehr earned his NMC and blah blah blah, and I don't really care if he says yes or no either way... but it should NEVER, EVER, EVER be a players decision to begin with. If management wants to trade you, you're traded.

at the very least put some stipulations on it so that everyone who scores 30 goals once in their career isn't demanding a NTC like they're the king ######. Or make it something like you can only have a NTC/NMC if your cap hit is less than $3 mil.

This is why NMCs and NTCs shouldn't be allowed in the next CBA. I know Regehr earned his NMC and blah blah blah, and I don't really care if he says yes or no either way... but it should NEVER, EVER, EVER be a players decision to begin with. If management wants to trade you, you're traded.

at the very least put some stipulations on it so that everyone who scores 30 goals once in their career isn't demanding a NTC like they're the king ######. Or make it something like you can only have a NTC/NMC if your cap hit is less than $3 mil.

It wouldn't be an issue if teams didn't hand them out like they were candy on Halloween.

Calgary has 11 NTCs in some capacity on their roster, it's ridiculous. If anything, they're getting what they deserve being forced to wait this out and have to work to deal a guy. They made a commitment, they should have to stand by it.

Archived