Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

so shut up down regehr, weber and tyler myers

pour it on vanek stafford and b. richards...

anyone else remember that song? It was so much fun but I like the change in names.

######! I bought this on iTunes and stumbled across it on my iPod en route to work today...wanted to cry lol.

Seeing as how the 5+ people who responded to my post started with "BUT HE EARNED HIS CLAUSE IN NEGOTIATING!! HE GAVE UP $$ FOR NMC!!" yes, it did have to be said again.

We are just having a conversation here....

ARE YOU REALLY SURPRISED WHEN PEOPLE DON'T RECOGNIZE YOUR NUANCE? <_<

Believe it or not, it wasn't about you.... relax.... :beer:

I don't think you can change an existing contract or negotiate an extension until the last year of a deal. Plus the guy is 31 now. Who's to say he won't start to decline in a few years.

He may decline, he may not. He may be a tough guy till he's 40 though too not likely but he's 31 right now and that is not old. If we cant add to the deal thats part of the stupidity of the cba. But we are this close and I feel like we do what we need to finish this deal and set the tone. And then, we rock on!

I am not calling BS on anything. We all would of called BS on carter and richards leaving. I have been reading alot of different blogs and sites, they are all saying that now that brewer from the lightning was signed for 4 mil, they have like 8 mil left to spend on 2 dmen, a goalie and stamkos. SO the lightning will have to make some kind of move. I am saying gagne or Lacavalier are gone

:blink: ........um, no we wouldn't and didn't. Carter was being shopped.

I'm calling BS on everything. I will maintain that ideology until I'm proved wrong.

:blink: ........um, no we wouldn't and didn't. Carter was being shopped.

I'm calling BS on everything. I will maintain that ideology until I'm proved wrong.

I'm trying to adjust to that mentality.

I get too giddy when i think of all these way too good to be true scenarios. It's a little embarrassing.

Since apparently I have to say it again, I will... I know that Regehr "earned" or "negotiated" for his NMC. I don't care. That doesn't factor into my opinion at all. In general, I don't like the idea of NMC's or NTC's. Regehr or anybody else. I understand those who negotiated and got NTCs and NMCs deserve to keep them, so you can stop with all the "don't hate the player hate the game" stuff, because YES, that's exactly what I'm doing.

So now that that's out of the way, I think NMCs and NTCs undermine the sport. It gives the player more power than the manager. What next, a "no buyout clause?" Or is there already one of those? Yes, I know it's unlikely the PA would ever give up those clauses in negotiations, but they should never have been given them to begin with. Yeah it's the person's "job" and there are all sorts of legalities around it, but truth is hockey a GAME and they're getting paid millions to play it. If they are not playing well, or a manager can trade them to improve HIS team (which he paid probably 50x said player's salary to own), there should be nothing standing in the way of him doing that.

Now that that's out of your system, what do you propose the league give the PA to no longer allow NTCs?

Because the players put value on NTCs and will expect something in return. (There is no magnanimity in business. :( )

Can we please stay on topic?

Regehr -- here

Discussions on off season ideas and crap --JULY 1st thread

Confirmed trades - pinned trades thread

most everything else not thread worthy - around the league

**this is an automated response***

Hockey on June 25? Good for you. Still lax season down here.

Hockey runs here 52/365. When I used to play I loved summer hockey - it was such a great relief from the heat. After a game I'd take off my skates (never wore socks) and walk on the ice barefoot.

Since apparently I have to say it again, I will... I know that Regehr "earned" or "negotiated" for his NMC. I don't care. That doesn't factor into my opinion at all. In general, I don't like the idea of NMC's or NTC's. Regehr or anybody else. I understand those who negotiated and got NTCs and NMCs deserve to keep them, so you can stop with all the "don't hate the player hate the game" stuff, because YES, that's exactly what I'm doing.

So now that that's out of the way, I think NMCs and NTCs undermine the sport. It gives the player more power than the manager. What next, a "no buyout clause?" Or is there already one of those? Yes, I know it's unlikely the PA would ever give up those clauses in negotiations, but they should never have been given them to begin with. Yeah it's the person's "job" and there are all sorts of legalities around it, but truth is hockey a GAME and they're getting paid millions to play it. If they are not playing well, or a manager can trade them to improve HIS team (which he paid probably 50x said player's salary to own), there should be nothing standing in the way of him doing that.

They could stop NMC's and NTC's today if they wanted. STOP GIVING THEM OUT! Its just like salaries in the pre-cap era. The GM's can't help themselves, and then cry to the league to save them from the mess they created.

One other thing regarding Regehr - his wife is pregnant and from what a previous poster wrote, doesn't want to come here. I don't know how far along she is, but I know when my wife was pregnant there was no reasoning with her. This further complicates his decision.

Regehr -- here

Is it ok to say in this thread, "It turns me on when you take control."?

Regehr -- here

Aren't you usually on your second margarita by this point on a Friday?

Anyway...the "reverse Hasek" notion--doesn't make a lot of sense. Where's that comin' from?

Now that that's out of your system, what do you propose the league give the PA to no longer allow NTCs?

Because the players put value on NTCs and will expect something in return. (There is no magnanimity in business. :( )

Non-guaranteed contracts like in the NFL?

:nana:

Aren't you usually on your second margarita by this point on a Friday?

Anyway...the "reverse Hasek" notion--doesn't make a lot of sense. Where's that comin' from?

Hasek goes to a team and tells his existing team they will not be getting anything good back.

Regehr wants to leave Calgary on a good note and get whatever he can for Calgary before he leaves.

The Reverse Hasek.

Archived