Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

A classic internet response... complete with grammatical butchering and misspellings. All to insult somebody for something that there is no proof that he did. Maybe you could give us your real name, then we can post rumors about you and call you "and idiot" [sic] for it?

Really? A fan saying that if Darcy traded our only point scoring center, which I KNOW is an IF, makes him an Idiot and you want to discuss grammar on a message board? You want to know my real name? It shouldnt be to hard to figure out. KTN are my initials and I work at UB and go.

Really? A fan saying that if Darcy traded our only point scoring center, which I KNOW is an IF, makes him an Idiot and you want to discuss grammar on a message board? You want to know my real name? It shouldnt be to hard to figure out. KTN and I work at UB and go.

dude...grammar discussions are popular here, so I've noticed. My boss corrects me all the time...just another day at the office

you act like having Jokinen and Stajan is bad thing......... o wait it is.

Derek Roy, aint going nowhere... to quote our fearless leader. Its like saying the sabres are trading Vanek and a pick and a prospect for Regehr... NO WAY NO HOW. I am still thinking like ur 3rd rounder and a defender (like sekera)

I could see Roy being included if it was something bigger, as was speculated earlier in the thread. So if they sent Roy out and got Spezza & Stajan in return or something along those lines. But as many have said it makes no sense to trade a center away for a Dman, when the Sabres main need is center.

I know Stajan had a poor year, but was a 55 point guy the previous two seasons and is only 27 years old. Anyone know anything about him? Is he really that bad? How does he compare with the UFA center class? Seems like if he were on the open market he may be the 2nd best available behind Richards.

Really? A fan saying that if Darcy traded our only point scoring center, which I KNOW is an IF, makes him an Idiot and you want to discuss grammar on a message board? You want to know my real name? It shouldnt be to hard to figure out. KTN and I work at UB and go.

You called Darcy an idiot with no qualifications and you did it in one of the most linguistically twisted ways I have ever seen to date. Congrats. :beer:

dude...grammar discussions are popular here, so I've noticed. My boss corrects me all the time...just another day at the office

The point is when you call someone "an idiot" it helps to come across as semi-literate. Otherwise, it reads like Forrest Gump calling out someone for a lack of intelligence.

Really? A fan saying that if Darcy traded our only point scoring center, which I KNOW is an IF, makes him an Idiot and you want to discuss grammar on a message board? You want to know my real name? It shouldnt be to hard to figure out. KTN are my initials and I work at UB and go.

Is your name Kitten?

You called Darcy an idiot with no qualifications and you did it in one of the most linguistically twisted ways I have ever seen to date. Congrats. :beer:

I think the "unless" in his sentence was the qualifier he was referring to--er, to which he was referring.

The point is when you call someone "an idiot" it helps to come across as semi-literate. Otherwise, it reads like Forrest Gump calling out someone for a lack of intelligence.

Now this, no question.

SDS,

Not to defend the poster you originally corrected, but I believe he was actually trying to sarcastically state that Darcy ISN'T an idiot as he wouldn't go for that trade. I used the word 'believe' specifically because the post was rather incoherent which seems to be his recent modus operandi. (As opposed to his earlier 30 posts/day phase, during which the bulk were coherent but silly.)

This thread and the whole speculation on the trade reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode where a ufo flies over smalltown america. Before you know it, the formerly close knit town is ready to kill its own based upon pure conjecture as to who may be an alien.

This thread and the whole speculation on the trade reminds me of that Twilight Zone episode where a ufo flies over smalltown america. Before you know it, the formerly close knit town is ready to kill its own based upon pure conjecture as to who may be an alien.

more of a "boy who cried wolf" thing to me

HAHA yeah I know. I was just saying that you can't let the correcting bug you. I'm an engineer...us engineers are typically known for bad grammar. It's nbd to me.

It's a day of heightened nerves. Let's not start eating each other quite yet, eh lads?

that starts tomorrow. :beer:

I've been gone for a while (Wife's sister got married, Wife's Grandmother passed away, brother's wife had baby, busy couple of weeks) I meant more humor than insult, maybe I'm losing it. Apologies.

But you're right, I need a beer...

:beer:

"Although one retired teammate said via text the new owner is “awesome” and Buffalo would be a “good place to play”"

Link

According to WGR this morning those specific comments were attributed to Rhett Warrener--- I'm not sure how they verified that, though.

SDS,

Not to defend the poster you originally corrected, but I believe he was actually trying to sarcastically state that Darcy ISN'T an idiot as he wouldn't go for that trade. I used the word 'believe' specifically because the post was rather incoherent which seems to be his recent modus operandi. (As opposed to his earlier 30 posts/day phase, during which the bulk were coherent but silly.)

Yea, it was sorta my point that darcy may seem timid to pull the trigger but I have never seen him do something completely idiotic. Trading roy for regehr would be. We just spent a page yelling at me for grammar because I said if Darcy Made that trade he would be an Idiot.... worthless. I paired down my comments and tried to temper my enthusiasm but when I hear someone rumor mongoring Roy getting traded for a defender I lose my cool. O and yes my name is kitten, no last or middle name, just kitten.

If However, Roy nets us Regehr and then there is a multi-team deal going on and we get a center (i dont hate spezza) that would be interesting. Stajan even as a UFA is garbage and I would rather have laichs, or B. richards, or weiss, or about 10 other players.

Yea, it was sorta my point that darcy may seem timid to pull the trigger but I have never seen him do something completely idiotic. Trading roy for regehr would be. We just spent a page yelling at me for grammar because I said if Darcy Made that trade he would be an Idiot.... worthless. I paired down my comments and tried to temper my enthusiasm but when I hear someone rumor mongoring Roy getting traded for a defender I lose my cool. O and yes my name is kitten, no last or middle name, just kitten.

If However, Roy nets us Regehr and then there is a multi-team deal going on and we get a center (i dont hate spezza) that would be interesting. Stajan even as a UFA is garbage and I would rather have laichs, or B. richards, or weiss, or about 10 other players.

I understand what you are saying but why would you get so upset over a rumor? It's a waste of energy. Wait until something happens.

I understand what you are saying but why would you get so upset over a rumor? It's a waste on energy. Wait until something happens.

I actually was not that upset initially.

sometime btw now and 3pm est, i feel we should have the answer to the Regehr riddle

Archived