Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

What You Are Bidding On:

1 Maxim Afinogenov Third "Retro" Jersey (2006-07)

1 Maxim Afinogenov autographed photo (framed)

1 Tim Connolly 2009-2010 Third jersey (current homes)

1 TIm Connolly autographed photo (framed)

..... do I even need to continue? :lol:

Like Deluca said, that explains a lot.

Re: proposed trade to Buffalo, Regehr is going to sleep on it tonight. He's talked to both Darcy Regier and Terry Pegula in last 24 hours

I find myself really at ease with our current state of affairs. Say what you will about Darcy, it's painfully apparent that TP and Co. are committed to righting the ship. Since we used to worry about A) players wanting to come here, and B) the intentions of the front office, having one of those seemingly corrected gives me a "join us or F' off" mentality.

Is it true that Calgary tried to move Regehr before? Once for Spezza and once for Phaneuf but Regehr wouldn't waive his clause? How many times does a guy see he's not wanted and still stay?

Too many Connolly and Regier jokes flooding my mind at once. Systems overload. :o

I am extremely late and just now catching up on my hockey news. This would be awesome if the Sabres acquired Regehr. I'd be interested in knowing who's going the other way. My initial hunch is that it would be a pick and one of Butler, Sekera, or Weber with the possibility of Morrisson. However, if this is a true salary dump by Calgary, taking on Morrisson would only save them about $2 million (assuming no other salary pieces are involved in the deal), so I doubt Morrisson is going the other way unless Buffalo is taking on other salary pieces such as Stajan or Kotalik (as has been mentioned earlier in the thread). I'm hoping that it's Butler and a pick going to Calgary for Regehr. I'd like to keep Sekera and Weber as I think they both add some value to the team. Butler just does not seem like the guy we all thought he could become back in 2008-2009 and probably needs a change of scenery.

I am extremely late and just now catching up on my hockey news. This would be awesome if the Sabres acquired Regehr. I'd be interested in knowing who's going the other way. My initial hunch is that it would be a pick and one of Butler, Sekera, or Weber with the possibility of Morrisson. However, if this is a true salary dump by Calgary, taking on Morrisson would only save them about $2 million (assuming no other salary pieces are involved in the deal), so I doubt Morrisson is going the other way unless Buffalo is taking on other salary pieces such as Stajan or Kotalik (as has been mentioned earlier in the thread). I'm hoping that it's Butler and a pick going to Calgary for Regehr. I'd like to keep Sekera and Weber as I think they both add some value to the team. Butler just does not seem like the guy we all thought he could become back in 2008-2009 and probably needs a change of scenery.

My guess is it would be Sekera & Adam.

Regardless of what is actually going back, there isn't a whole lot in the youth department that I'd be upset seeing go the other way as Regehr would fit very nicely into several slots the Sabres are currently lacking.

I'll be very disappointed if this doesn't happen.

How many quarters can Inkman stack on his forearm then catch with his hand?

Ink cannot be defeated in bar trick competitions. He is invulnerable to our powers in that department. And I thought his calves had grown into cows by now.

3 years ago Robyn was in my store and I asked him to ask to be traded to the Sabres. He laughed at me and his lady friend wanted absolutely no part of my suggestion.

What a great pick up he'd be. He's big, tough and good in his own end. Now get Iginla too and we're laughing.

I have not read too much about the Stajan part of the rumor. Even if it's not true, what do you think of him?

Umm Hecht 2.0?

However, Matt Stajan(notes) has been a complete bust since coming to the Flames in the Dion Phaneuf(notes) trade. The center, whose salary this season was $4.5 million, barely cracked 30 points and has been relegated to fourth-line duty and 14 minutes per game.

The goods

I have not read too much about the Stajan part of the rumor. Even if it's not true, what do you think of him?

No thanks. Im not at all interested in taking Kotalik back ceremoniously either just to buy him out and save Calgary the coin. And that doesn't seem to fit the Pegula mold we are forming anyway. Not a classy way to proceed and we sure as hell dont want him back so he's out.

I watched Stajan in Toronto and he wan't good enough for them. I don't think he brings any needed ingredient to us. At all. Period. And I dont want to get rid of Weber in this deal either. I want this deal but at the right price. Weber is the next Reghyr and maybe better as someone posted. I have been saying he will be a stud for a couple of years now. Sekera really grew on me this year. A capable puck mover. The opposite of Weber in toughness obviously. Butler is neither of these two guys in my opninion and never will be. He has no moxie. Please let it be him and whatever. If that whatever is Sekera so be it, but Weber? Hell no!

Archived