Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

Did he say what he thought they'd be giving up for a Regehr & Stajan package? Maybe just a pick (not a 1st)?

The speculation--and stress that word-- that I am hearing is that it is only one player, because Calgary is in salary dump mode.

You take Kotalik as a favor it costs the Sabres 1 million to buy him out.

No--take Stajan and move Hecht back to the wing. Or take Kotalik and trade him.

Now Hamsammich (I'm going to have to call him that for a while) is complaining about the view of Buffalo from Route 33. I don't know of a single city where the cross-town expressway goes through nice scenery. Expressways are built through dilapidated areas, not rose gardens.

Now Hamsammich (I'm going to have to call him that for a while) is complaining about the view of Buffalo from Route 33. I don't know of a single city where the cross-town expressway goes through nice scenery. Expressways are built through dilapidated areas, not rose gardens.

To supply context he's saying this is the view that opposing players have of Buffalo coming from the airport to the Arena.

Final point: If Regehr hasn't been given a sell-buy date then there isn't any draft picks involved.

Interesting (woman said final point but of course wasn't) I like your thinking on this point. Stands to reason actually that there is nothing involved that could complicate some other deal that may include picks then. We shall see.

To supply context he's saying this is the view that opposing players have of Buffalo coming from the airport to the Arena.

Thank you; I had missed the beginning of that discussion and didn't know where it was coming from.

The speculation--and stress that word-- that I am hearing is that it is only one player, because Calgary is in salary dump mode.

No--take Stajan and move Hecht back to the wing. Or take Kotalik and trade him.

Buffalo is just not an impressive looking city. The skyline hasn't changed since, what, the 80's? There's a reason that every time there's a football or hockey game broadcast from Buffalo, the network shows shots of Niagara Falls and some guy making Buffalo Wings when they're coming back from commercial.

It's a nice place to live and a great place to grow up, but if you're visiting Buffalo for the first time, your reaction will almost certainly be "This is a major city?"

Buffalo is just not an impressive looking city. The skyline hasn't changed since, what, the 80's? There's a reason that every time there's a football or hockey game broadcast from Buffalo, the network shows shots of Niagara Falls and some guy making Buffalo Wings when they're coming back from commercial.

It's a nice place to live and a great place to grow up, but if you're visiting Buffalo for the first time, your reaction will almost certainly be "This is a major city?"

Huh? I'm sitting in a skyline building that wasn't here two years ago, much less in the 1980s. Actually, a lot of visitors are impressed by the architecture. But there aren't a ton of skyscrapers, I'll give you that, as well as the "this is a major city" point.

Thanks. You just helped me win $20. Someone who wishes to remain nameless said you'd be salivating over this. I said you'd post something lame that you thought was funny.

Dude, he's in your head, rent free. He owns you.

Thanks. You just helped me win $20. Someone who wishes to remain nameless said you'd be salivating over this. I said you'd post something lame that you thought was funny.

What can I say, I am the Darcy Regier of comedy. :lol:

If it makes you feel better I almost posted a different joke but couldn't get it done. :thumbsup:

OK, Regehr is a big, tough, smart, hard-to-play against defenceman with a history of making life miserable for the other team's top players.

He also happens to be a real solid citizen, signed for two more years at a decent cap number, and is old enough to be a veteran leader without being too old to still play.

Can't rate the deal until seeing what we give up obviously.

But if this goes through, I'd consider one of our two biggest off-season jobs done.

What can I say, I am the Darcy Regier of comedy. :lol:

If it makes you feel better I almost posted a different joke but couldn't get it done. :thumbsup:

I just cashed in on your smiley and thumbs up emoticon combo. So predictable.

I'd like to put first bid in. I'll give you $.10 on the dollar.

What You Are Bidding On:

1 Maxim Afinogenov Third "Retro" Jersey (2006-07)

1 Maxim Afinogenov autographed photo (framed)

1 Tim Connolly 2009-2010 Third jersey (current homes)

1 TIm Connolly autographed photo (framed)

..... do I even need to continue? :lol:

What You Are Bidding On:

Max and Connolly? That explains a lot :rolleyes:

What You Are Bidding On:

Those pieces are bigger albatrosses than the Yashin contract.

Archived