Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

Interesting find.

I would not mind the Sabres trying to talk contract extension with Myers NOW. This move wouldn't hurt.

very interesting -- how on earth did you find that?

it actually makes good sense. find a big, capable, stay-at-home guy to pair with myers -- give the young guy the comfort and confidence he needs to go out and be a norris finalist. :thumbsup:

I know the guys word is pretty meaningless, but as long as we're debating a rumor from some guy named "Fat Bob" or whatever, per hockeybuzz:

TSN is reporting Robyn Regehr has been asked to waive his No Trade to go to Buffalo... The Sabres may be sending prospects...also heard Boyes name mentioned...
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Jeff-Carter-Has-Been-Traded-to-Columbus-FLYES-NOT-DONE--Sabres-Regehr/1/36576

Wow, that's terrible. Adam is the only C in our system and has a pretty good ceiling and we need that 1st round pick since we already traded our 2nd.

As others have stated, this probably isn't the deal. However, as to your point about Adam, the Sabres aren't convinced he has the wheels to play center. Ruff said it, now Kevin Devine said it.

Maybe Regehr plays with Myers, but I think they want Weber to model his game after RR.

If that's the thinking, the move makes even more sense--it helps two of the kids on your roster immediately and possibly helps you re-sign one of them long-term.

I can see them trading out of the first but as Darcy would be handicapping the Center position by moving either Roy or Adam. I can see them moving a D Man and a pick. Calgary is dumping salary. By adding Reghyr Darcy is basically using the cap increase to add a piece. Which leads me to believe that they have had a plan in the works.

I don't trust anyone name "Fat..." Nor do I trust anyone named "Ace".

JMO.

As others have stated, this probably isn't the deal. However, as to your point about Adam, the Sabres aren't convinced he has the wheels to play center. Ruff said it, now Kevin Devine said it.

I'd take that critique more seriously if the Sabres weren't the same team that thought it could win a Stanley Cup with Connolly and Roy as their top two centers.

I'm pretty sure you are correct.

Can't wait to hear some details. Regehr is the kind of D-man we need. And the kind we thought we were getting with Morissonn.

I agree. So much of the talk around here lately about d-men has centered around more offensively abled d-men, but I'd say the team needs a physical stay at home guy far more. Regehr would be a good fit for that role. I'm a bit worried about his age (31) though. He's getting closer to that point where he could break down. The two year deal does comfort that concern a bit though.

Edit: And when we're speculating on terms, I could see this being the 1st round pick + a prospect, but we also get a 2nd rounder back in return.

And also, I'm surprised no one has tried to make a joke about Regier trading for Regehr yet.

I can see them trading out of the first but as Darcy would be handicapping the Center position by moving either Roy or Adam. I can see them moving a D Man and a pick. Calgary is dumping salary. By adding Reghyr Darcy is basically using the cap increase to add a piece. Which leads me to believe that they have had a plan in the works.

I don't trust anyone name "Fat..." Nor do I trust anyone named "Ace".

JMO.

Calgary needs to desperately clear cap space if they are going to make off-season moves.

Anyone see that it was rumored to be for a second round pick and the rights to TC? IF that's the case...

Hallelujiah!!!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Darcy is a Mastermind once again!!

We don't have a second round pick!

inside the same link posted above inside the metric SH!T Ton of comments.

If that plays out to be true, i think i may break out in tears of joy.

Time will tell, i'm just getting excited

You might want to think that one over a bit. Which 2nd round pick would we be sending them anyway?

You might want to think that one over a bit. Which 2nd round pick would we be sending them anyway?

They could EASILY trade next years second rounder. If the flames are that desperate to clear cap space, i don't see why not. Connoly is coming off an injury in the playoffs, and his role is clearly different than the Connolly that got the inflated 4.5 mil contract.

Edit: Like i said, I'm just getting excited, and it's just one of MANY possibilities.

Also, to the possibility the prospect of Luke Adam moving for this, can one infer the sabres front office has talked to other teams for centers? Have they talked to Brads agent? i cant see them moving adam unless they have an ace in the hole.

Archived