Robyn Regehr, Kotalik and 2nd round pick (2012) to Sabres

SpikeGelato

Really? Adam is good, but especially after hearing Devine say something about him moving to wing I wouldn't mind it. They seem to think he can't get back on D well enough to be a full time center, so we send another prospect winger and a pick for a top 4/pair defenseman. Good deal IMHO.

The thing is I actually am not that high on Adam at all. But he's still essentially our "Top Prospect" and AHL ROTY. To trade him and our first rounder -- our two most tradeable assets w/o losing depth or talent -- would be a huge waste. I like Regehr and I like the potential impact he could have on Weber, or even Myers. But he's not worth our top prospect and first round pick.

The thing is I actually am not that high on Adam at all. But he's still essentially our "Top Prospect" and AHL ROTY. To trade him and our first rounder -- our two most tradeable assets w/o losing depth or talent -- would be a huge waste. I like Regehr and I like the potential impact he could have on Weber, or even Myers. But he's not worth our top prospect and first round pick.

To expand on this, I suspect the deal is Sekera and a second or third rounder.

Some guy who has been wrong a lot but right a lot too... "Fat Frank" i think people call him, says Luke Adam and first. Let's see his credibility...

I think he used to run a hotdog stand at Mickey Rat's back in the day.

lol guys guys relax, it's only fat Frank who is speculating it. I doubt he has any credibility. I posted that just in case he got it right, he would get a bit of credit but the man is a joke.

Ah, fair enough. Especially if they want to trade for a center.

That sounds a bit steep, but you also have to give something to get something. Especially a top pairing Dman.

DarrenDreger Regehr was told of the deal yesterday,but hasn't been given a deadline, or time frame as to when Buffalo needs an answer. He's absorbing now

Absorbing? Sounds like he's ecstatic about the possibility. Word of hockey heaven hasn't gotten as far west as we had hoped?

Don't know how I feel about this even before I hear what we'd give up for him...think I'd like him in the lineup but...

Interesting to hear from Flames fans what they think is coming back, or their "wishful thinking". The players coming up are Roy and Ennis.

Seems like Calgary is trying to make room for something.

Final point: If Regehr hasn't been given a sell-buy date then there isn't any draft picks involved.

This would be my take, as well. I would argue that we have a more valuable prospect in Kassian (less proven; more potential upside), and others are close (McNabb and maybe even Foligno) but Adam is up there.

I don't see a no trade clause on Regehr, just a no move clause. Maybe Darcy won't make the trade with him bringing a no move clause with him. IIRC a no move means he can't be sent down to the minors.

no move means no trade and not sent to minors, literally no way to get rid of the man, can't cut, nothing.

Some guy who has been wrong a lot but right a lot too... "Fat Frank" i think people call him, says Luke Adam and first. Let's see his credibility...

Wow, that's terrible. Adam is the only C in our system and has a pretty good ceiling and we need that 1st round pick since we already traded our 2nd.

Archived