All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

pittsburg does it so they dont have 21mil+ spent on centers only. Look it was an idea and a solution, who knew carter and richards would be dealt out of philly and look! they were. I hope the sabres management has more imagination.

Not sure I want Jordan as our Number 1 center. Not if we're going for it within the next three years.

So you'd trade away the guy with the most youth and the lowest salary for a midget, a late 1st, and a late 2nd. :huh:

Gee, he's always (except when there have been injuries to the guys in front of him) been the 3rd liner playing w/ 3rd liners and he's never had a big point scoring season. Hard to believe. I suppose you'd have traded away Steve Young as well for a whole lot of nothing. :wallbash:

And yet Mario hasn't come knocking on KTN's door 4 his GM? Shocking. Shocking, I must say.

Taro says "Delta Bravo"

o yea hes so much more youthful than crosby and malkin 1 and 2 years respectively, better not get rid of those old 23 and 24 year olds on the team or they will be so old and screwed. O and we have Calgary's 2nd which will be pretty good i bet so goodnight.

o yea hes so much more youthful than crosby and malkin 1 and 2 years respectively, better not get rid of those old 23 and 24 year olds on the team or they will be so old and screwed. O and we have Calgary's 2nd which will be pretty good i bet so goodnight.

Purely out of curiosity, has a thought ever crossed your mind that didn't also cross your keyboard?

Purely out of curiosity, has a thought ever crossed your mind that didn't also cross your keyboard?

1,641 posts in less than six months. Not saying I don't enjoy some of your posts KTN, but your posts per day count are out of control. Your fiance has some patience.

Tampa may be willing to deal Malone and we could use him. 6'+ 200lbs+ LW Currently at 4.5 mil for 3 more years. That's a deal I'd look into along with Talbot.

I'd be happy to have Malone, and think he is a realistic option. I like his game.

I was wondering same thing. I think he'd be a decent pick up but without looking it up I think he might be another small guy and they need some size

EDIT: just looked it up, surprised he's 5'11". He didn't get to play a lot of center because of their depth but he might be interesting.

Hamilton said he stood right next to him and they were eye 2 eye. Paul's 5'-8".

Why does no one factor Luke Adam into the Sabres center plans? I do.

I think he's in the plans in the sense he is in the pipeline.

We'll see him in Blue and Gold this year, but he's no lock to make the roster. I think he's probably a call-up.

We'll see how he looks after the off-season.

So you'd trade away the guy with the most youth and the lowest salary for a midget, a late 1st, and a late 2nd. :huh:

Gee, he's always (except when there have been injuries to the guys in front of him) been the 3rd liner playing w/ 3rd liners and he's never had a big point scoring season. Hard to believe. I suppose you'd have traded away Steve Young as well for a whole lot of nothing. :wallbash:

And yet Mario hasn't come knocking on KTN's door 4 his GM? Shocking. Shocking, I must say.

And let's not forget that Staal is currently the only healthy center out of that group. If they're going to move someone to free up cash, it's not going to be the cheap and healthy guy.

The way some of it is written, I'm thinking he has some still developing voice recognition thing going.

He talks, it types?

Q. Why does Regier continue talking to Connolly without signing him.

A. Because you don't want to be without centers when the music stops.

I'm really starting to think/hope that this recent Connolly stuff is just a giant smokescreen.

For a 20 year old (at the time) rookie, I thought he showed enough to be hopeful.

I don't know if I agree with this either. Yes, he looks ugly, but I thought he got to where he needed to get to, and had some missed opportunities that I just attributed to him being a 20 year old rookie.

Maybe I was drunk during his call ups, but I cant recall him looking even remotely close to a NHL player.

List of players that did not receive their QO and will become UFA this week.

ANAHEIM: Kyle Chipchura, C ; Ryan Hillier, LW; John de Gray, D; J.P. Levasseur, G.

BOSTON: Matt Dalton, G; Anton Khudobin, G.

BUFFALO: Felix Schutz, F.

CALGARY: John Armstrong, F; Gord Baldwin, D; Hugo Carpentier, F (Signed with LNAH); Josh Meyers, D; Matt Pelech, D.

CAROLINA: Troy Bodie, RW; Jiri Tlusty, LW.

CHICAGO: Jake Dowell, C.

COLORADO: Philippe Dupuis, C; Brian Elliott, G.

COLUMBUS: Sami Lepisto, D; Anton Stralman, D; Tomas Kana, C (Signed in Czech Republic); Petr Kalus, RW (Signed in Finland); Michael Ratchuk, D; Gustaf Wesslau,G (Signed in Sweden).

EDMONTON: J.F Jacques, LW; Zack Stortini, RW.

FLORIDA: Nicklas Bergfors, RW; Steve Bernier, RW; Byron Bitz, RW.

LOS ANGELES: Rob Bordson, RW.

MINNESOTA: Patrick O’Sullivan, C.

MONTREAL: Alexandre Picard, D; Tom Pyatt, RW; Benoit Pouliot, LW; Dustin Boyd, C; Nigel Dawes, LW.

NASHVILLE: Dan Gendur, F; Mark Santorelli, F.

NEW JERSEY: Anssi Salmela, D.

NY RANGERS: Matt Gilroy, D; Justin Soryal, F; Devin DiDiomete, F.

OTTAWA: Update - Cody Bass, Jason Bailey and Ryan Potulny

PHILADELPHIA: Dan Carcillo, LW.

PITTSBURGH: Tyler Kennedy, RW.

SAN JOSE: Patrick Davis, F; Kevin Henderson, F; Carter Hutton, G; Joe Loprieno, D; Nick Schaus, D; Mike Swift, F.

ST. LOUIS: Matt D’Agostini, RW.

TAMPA BAY: Mike Lundin, D; Matt Smaby, D; Alex Berry, F; Stefano Giliati, F; Kevin Quick, D; Vladimir Mihalik, D; Levi Nelson, F; Paul Szccechura, C.

TORONTO: Christian Hanson, C; Brayden Irwin, F; Fabiann Brunnstrom, LW.

VANCOUVER: Lee Sweatt, D.

WASHINGTON: Josh Godfrey, D; Joe Finley, D; Trevor Bruess, F.

WINNIPEG: Rob Schremp, C; Anthony Stewart, RW.

There are some surprises......Dawes, Kennedy, D'Agostini, Tlusty, Bergfors, Schremp.

List of players that did not receive their QO and will become UFA this week.

/snip

Interesting play by the GM's here. While most of these guys aren't worth hanging around with, others are not sent offers because they may be arbitration eligible.

Some guy making 650k has a big year (D'Agostini) gets a qualifying offer he doesn't like, files for arbitration and then the team gets screwed by the arbitrator.

You can only not accept 2 arby's every three years. it's a gamble but well played IMO.

Per Bob McKenzie, VAN now asking other NHL teams if they're interested in acquiring Ehrhoff's negotiating rights prior to July 1.

My buddy just told me this as well. He heard Ehrhoff was offered the Bieksa deal and it was not good enough. Although he still could get another offer from Vancouver, it is doubtful. I think Detroit would probably take a pretty good run at him....

Archived