All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

Not bad....but they had Arnott and Gomez and Brendan Morrison too.

With Tom's point, I am replacing Connolly, McCormick, Boyes and Grier with Hanzel, Talbot, Doan and Kassian. Each of those guys is more physical than the previous save Cody, AND can score 5-10 goals more on average, AND can skate just as well for the most part.

For all the talk that we were 1 or 2 players away.....and you go and improve 4 guys like that, plus Regehr, plus let every other team know not only will they not take liberties, but be prepared to get punished every night....

How is that plan so bad?

You bring a Spezza here....it's more of the same.

With Tom's point, I am replacing Connolly, McCormick, Boyes and Grier with Hanzel, Talbot, Doan and Kassian. Each of those guys is more physical than the previous save Cody, AND can score 5-10 goals more on average, AND can skate just as well for the most part.

For all the talk that we were 1 or 2 players away.....and

you go and improve 4 guys like that, plus Regehr, plus let every other team know not only will they not take liberties, but be prepared to get punished every night....

How is that plan so bad?

You know teams don't work like that. Improving specific parts doesn't necessarily improve the team. Give me Spezza and Talbot and keep Hanzal and Doan and I got the better team.

Another thing...you need realistic trade partners. I was only able to identify Regehr because it made so much sense. I don't think Phoenix would move Hanzal anyway, but the franchise is a ???

I just don't see a center out there that makes tons of sense. You either have to do something stupid to get one, or have to be more realistic for the time being. Regehr doesn't chnage the fact you are paying Vanek,Roy,Stafford,Boyes,Pominville,Hecht close to $30 million with little playoff presence or leadership in return. You add guys like Doan, Hanzel, Talbot....suddenly Vanek and Stafford feel safer out there and have more room to snipe or park. Pominville and Hecht can embrace their defensive tendencies while still having enough skill to move in transition because their center won't be a slug or a flamer.

Come'on Darcy.....channel the Drane just one more time. Plus Pegula's kid lives in Phoenix so if a NTC is involved he can run a batch of stepmom's cookies right over.

You know teams don't work like that. Improving specific parts doesn't necessarily improve the team. Give me Spezza and Talbot and keep Hanzal and Doan and I got the better team.

Maybe from October to March. Now your top 7 forwards are making $37 million and none of them have bigger than a set of raisinets in the playoffs.

Another thing...you need realistic trade partners. I was only able to identify Regehr because it made so much sense. I don't think Phoenix would move Hanzal anyway, but the franchise is a ???

I just don't see a center out there that makes tons of sense. You either have to do something stupid to get one, or have to be more realistic for the time being. Regehr doesn't chnage the fact you are paying Vanek,Roy,Stafford,Boyes,Pominville,Hecht close to $30 million with little playoff presence or leadership in return. You add guys like Doan, Hanzel, Talbot....suddenly Vanek and Stafford feel safer out there and have more room to snipe or park. Pominville and Hecht can embrace their defensive tendencies while still having enough skill to move in transition because their center won't be a slug or a flamer.

Come'on Darcy.....channel the Drane just one more time. Plus Pegula's kid lives in Phoenix so if a NTC is involved he can run a batch of stepmom's cookies right over.

i hope they channel me and trade for pavelski. but they wont, and i dont think talbot, doan, and handzul make this team better, they just make it tougher, there is a difference. Just adding toughness does not improve us it just makes us the islanders.

The type of toughness we should add up front is a strong center with good production. or in malones case a winger who isnt afraid to run you over, but just having that run over attitude is not enough.

For all the talk that we were 1 or 2 players away.....and you go and improve 4 guys like that, plus Regehr, plus let every other team know not only will they not take liberties, but be prepared to get punished every night....

How is that plan so bad?

Why does no one factor Luke Adam into the Sabres center plans? I do.

Why does no one factor Luke Adam into the Sabres center plans? I do.

Long term perhaps. The fact that he played much of last year at LW and according to Kevin Devine not everyone in the organization is convinced he can play center tells me not to count on him at that position at least for this coming year. He also didn't show much on his limited NHL time last year.

Long term perhaps. The fact that he played much of last year at LW and according to Kevin Devine not everyone in the organization is convinced he can play center tells me not to count on him at that position at least for this coming year. He also didn't show much on his limited NHL time last year.

For a 20 year old (at the time) rookie, I thought he showed enough to be hopeful.

Right now he doesn't skate well enough to be a center.

I don't know if I agree with this either. Yes, he looks ugly, but I thought he got to where he needed to get to, and had some missed opportunities that I just attributed to him being a 20 year old rookie.

Read that Tyler Kennedy didn't receive qualifying offer and will be UFA ... Nice gritty, experienced player ... any interest?

I was wondering same thing. I think he'd be a decent pick up but without looking it up I think he might be another small guy and they need some size

EDIT: just looked it up, surprised he's 5'11". He didn't get to play a lot of center because of their depth but he might be interesting.

How is that plan so bad?

Replace TC with Jordan Staal, keep mccormick, boyes and ditch grier but add laich and you get that toughness without sacrificing all your offense:

Vanek Staal Boyes

Laich Roy Staff

Ennis Goose Pommers

Kaleta McCormick Kassian

Replace TC with Jordan Staal, keep mccormick, boyes and ditch grier but add laich and you get that toughness without sacrificing all your offense:

Vanek Staal Boyes

Laich Roy Staff

Ennis Goose Pommers

Kaleta McCormick Kassian

How are you pulling Staal out of Pittsburgh?

pittsburg does it so they dont have 21mil+ spent on centers only. Look it was an idea and a solution, who knew carter and richards would be dealt out of philly and look! they were. I hope the sabres management has more imagination.

pittsburg does it so they dont have 21mil+ spent on centers only. Look it was an idea and a solution, who knew carter and richards would be dealt out of philly and look! they were. I hope the sabres management has more imagination.

So you'd trade away the guy with the most youth and the lowest salary for a midget, a late 1st, and a late 2nd. :huh:

Gee, he's always (except when there have been injuries to the guys in front of him) been the 3rd liner playing w/ 3rd liners and he's never had a big point scoring season. Hard to believe. I suppose you'd have traded away Steve Young as well for a whole lot of nothing. :wallbash:

And yet Mario hasn't come knocking on KTN's door 4 his GM? Shocking. Shocking, I must say.

Archived