All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

Persons of Interest

Kyle Chipchura- Always been intrigued by him. Even in Montreal I thought he could be a quality 4th line center

Matt Pelech- Mike Weber like defenseman. Could be a 7th Dman

Jiri Tlusty- I've never seen a more streaky player. Still has a lot of skill tho

Sami Lepisto- 6/7 Dman and could play pp

Anton Stralman- 5/6 Dman and def has pp ability

J.F Jacques- tenacious smashin bastard

Zack Stortini- established tough guy

Nicklas Bergfors- I have a feeling there is more going on with him than we know.

Tom Pyatt- Could play 3rd/4th line on most teams. Can play center.

Benoit Pouliot- Has showed some scoring ability. Probably has maxed out tho.

Cody Bass- Tough hard-nosed defensive center. Would be a cheaper alternative to Goose

Tyler Kennedy- Could be a great addition to any teams third line for prob under $2mm

Josh Godfrey- Interesting project

Anthony Stewart- Another gritty player who never found the scoring touch

Persons of Interest

Kyle Chipchura- Always been intrigued by him. Even in Montreal I thought he could be a quality 4th line center

Jiri Tlusty- I've never seen a more streaky player. Still has a lot of skill tho

Nicklas Bergfors- I have a feeling there is more going on with him than we know.

Cody Bass- Tough hard-nosed defensive center. Would be a cheaper alternative to Goose

Tyler Kennedy- Could be a great addition to any teams third line for prob under $2mm

Talbot, Wisniewski...unless you're referring to unqualified RFAs and not "persons of interest".

Persons of Interest

Are you talking about the Ottawa Senators prospect Cody Bass (not that I know any others...). I've watched him play down in Binghamton, and he's actually pretty decent, but I would be more interested in seeing him in an NHL role before trading for him signing him. He is a fan favorite in the Bing.

Are you talking about the Ottawa Senators prospect Cody Bass (not that I know any others...). I've watched him play down in Binghamton, and he's actually pretty decent, but I would be more interested in seeing him in an NHL role before trading for him signing him. He is a fan favorite in the Bing.

I kinda got attached to him when Peters went after him during his first NHL call up. He'd prob take a 2way deal.

Players to keep an on eye on who the Sabres may sign....

Ed Jovanovski

Shane O'Brien

Michael Handzus

Andrew Brunette

expect 1 of the following to be a Sabre July 1st.

I forgot about Shane O'Brien. I think I called that last summer. I had a whole thing and posted it somewhere. Probably HF where I would not be able to retrieve it from.

I forgot about Shane O'Brien. I think I called that last summer. I had a whole thing and posted it somewhere. Probably HF where I would not be able to retrieve it from.

Don't forget Wisniewski - although the Red Wings may have him pegged as Rafalski's replacement.

Persons of Interest

We already have these.

Don't forget Wisniewski - although the Red Wings may have him pegged as Rafalski's replacement.

It think O'Brien is the more logical choice. Although, Wiz is a great fit as he is a right-handed shot for the PP. I'm still not comfortable with Weber as a full-timer. If everyone has MAG pegged to make this team, which they do, I really think at that point we need another defensive minded guy on the blue line.

It think O'Brien is the more logical choice. Although, Wiz is a great fit as he is a right-handed shot for the PP. I'm still not comfortable with Weber as a full-timer. If everyone has MAG pegged to make this team, which they do, I really think at that point we need another defensive minded guy on the blue line.

IF Mike Weber can play at 70% of what he was in the playoffs then we do not need O'Brien. O'brien is older and was worst last season than Weber in terms of +-. 164 hits to 158 for weber. Weber is younger, has more points by almost double, played in 20 less games due to him having to learn at the NHL level which he did and did well. Will cost you less to retain and has twice as much potential upside. I'll pass on O'brien especially since we did not even discuss having Regehr. Going all grit will not win you anything more than a reputation around the league as a terrible team that can only beat on opponents with their fists.

Wisniewski is available that is a different conversation. Hes a righty, gets points, could help our pp

O and Obrien is yet another lefty.

edit: also Weber proved himself when miller knocked over carcillo i think it was, and Carcillo got up to toast milsy and Weber reached around and just grabbed hold of his face and restrained him. I want that guy on my team is what I said and I think thats the player Weber will continue to develop into. Id rather give the kid the playing minutes than some "vet"

The more i look at this teams current roster, the more I think we really are more interested in moving a winger.

Pominville

Vanek

Stafford

Boyes

Ennis

I can't see any of those guys in a 3rd line role unless they get Richards and resign Timmy.

Pominville is solid in his own end. He'll be the RW on the 3rd line w/ Hecht the LW.

Not saying they won't move a winger, but that list there doesn't force it. (And yes, like everyone else, I'd like to see some more size up front. Stafford does provide some and actually used it on occassion last year. Hopefully he'll continue developing that part of his game. But I'm hoping they focus on a pair of C's and another D prior to altering the wing corps. Once they're there, sure, alter away. Or alter away if it's necessary to get one of the other 3 spots on my wishlist.)

Archived