All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

Throwing out some ideas:

It goes almost without saying that the most popular ideas are Paul Stastny, Jason Spezza and Joe Pavelski. All of whom would be very very good additions to this team. With the Brent Burns trade, I can't forsee SJ moving Pavelski after trading away Devin Setoguchi. Ottawa likely would have moved Spezza by now if they planned on doing so. They stockpiled prospects and have no reason to move a maturing Spezza. Stastny seems most likely to be moved. I also think he will be difficult to land because the demands will be ridiculous. Trading Ennis, Adam, Enroth, 1st is the likely price. I'm not sure I am willing to give up that for someone making 6.6 long term with a questionable off ice reputation.

Is Parise a natural Center? Debatable. If the front office thinks he is, get him!!!

If Yzerman thinks he needs to free cap space in order to keep Stamkos, I'd kick the tires on Vinny L.. I really doubt they'd consider it though.

Patrick Sharp is a UFA next off-season but is capable of playing center and should be available for a price that would be a bargain due to his contract status.

Ryan Getzlaf is signed for 2 years at 5.3 mil. If the Ducks don't think they can lock him up long-term, it might be possible to pry him out of Anaheim. A long shot, but you never know.

Zubrus is making 3.4 mil per for the next 2 seasons and would fill the need at 3rd line C. A bit overpaid for what he brings but I liked him a lot during his time here.

From DET, Val Fillpula is signed at a reasonable 3 mil per for the next 2 years. Franzen is signed at 3.9 for very long term.

Brassard signed at 3.2 for the next 3 seasons might be a good target to pursue depending on the asking price.

Brandon Sutter is a RFA in Carolina, the asking price is sure to be overpayment.

J. Stoll from LA is a very popular name tossed around. He is making 3.6 and is a UFA at the end of this upcoming season. He would probably be a great fit as our 3rd line C.

Alex Steen from STL is making 3.3 for 3 more years and is a solid 50 point type player. The more talented option would be David Backes at 4.5 mil per for 5 more years. A big physical player who can play center or wing. The odds of STL moving him are very low, he is their franchise guy up front.

A player who makes the most sense for their team to trade is Patrick Marleau. If he is moved, SJ still has Big Joe, little Joe and Couture down the middle. Marleau is signed at 6.9 for 3 more seasons. He had the Captaincy stripped from him and has always been the center of speculation for years. I'm sure SJ would love to unload his contract and pursue B. Richards. A change of scenery may be just what Marleau needs. At 31, he still has at least 4 years left. He is probably the most likely player to acquire when evaluating top 6 center's via trade. He has put up 35-45 goals each of the last 3 seasons.

Vanek Marleau Pominville

Ennis Roy Stafford

That is a high quality top 6.

For laughs, Scott Gomez is making 7.3 mil per for 3 more years and is available for a bag of broken sticks. By far the worst contract in the NHL for what the player brings.

If Yzerman thinks he needs to free cap space in order to keep Stamkos, I'd kick the tires on Vinny.

Now we're talking. A somewhat feasible idea. TB might need to move salary and I'd see what they would be looking for LeCavalier. I know his production has slipped but he's still close to a PPG player. It looks like the Lightning will be desperate to get cheap NHL forwards. Maybe a package of Gerbe, Adam, and maybe Armia (idk it gets real thin real quick).

Now we're talking. A somewhat feasible idea. TB might need to move salary and I'd see what they would be looking for LeCavalier. I know his production has slipped but he's still close to a PPG player. It looks like the Lightning will be desperate to get cheap NHL forwards. Maybe a package of Gerbe, Adam, and maybe Armia (idk it gets real thin real quick).

1st 2012, 2nd 2012, Adam, Pysyk, Catenacci should be ballpark. And I would pull the trigger on anything close to that. Tampa would be at least intrigued. They'd be receiving 5 quality players (if you include the picks turning into players) who won't cost anything substantial for at least 3 years.

1st 2012, 2nd 2012, Adam, Pysyk, Catenacci should be ballpark. And I would pull the trigger on anything close to that. Tampa would be at least intrigued. They'd be receiving 5 quality players (if you include the picks turning into players) who won't cost anything substantial for at least 3 years.

Sounds good!

Sounds good!

They'd still have Stamkos, St. Louis, Purcell, Nate Thompson. An excellent foundation. Not to mention, if they have any desire to get Brad Richards, they'd surely be likely to move someone. Either Malone or Vinny L. Yzerman may look at Richards >> Vinny. Both are the same age and one of them won the Conn Smythe with TB and would like to return there.

Just looking at TB's roster. I noticed Mattias Ohlund is locked up at 3.6 for 5 more years. He is 34 years old but is still a solid player. Tampa just re-signed Brewer and maybe they'd listen to offers for Ohlund. Darcy stated we'd still look to add on D.

Oh and now that we got Myers favorite NHL player in Regehr, it's time to lock Tyler up long term. 10 years 50 million please.

First thing to do is offer Stamkos a 10 million offer sheet. Not because Tampa Bay won't match it, but because it will force them to trade Vinny

hahahahahahaha and you think they would be willing to trade with the team that just forced them into a tough spot??

That's like Darcy thinking he'd trade Derek Roy to Edmonton after they gave Vanek and offer-sheet.

also, this tweet by paul hamilton: Regier has already talked to Connolly's agent and will continue to talk.

why? Unless it's 1 year at 2 million or less. Even then..... Good Lord, Timmy is a mess health wise. He should just retire.

:wallbash:

Timmy proved to be a great PK guy, but he always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets himself injured. I would really rather look elsewhere for 3rd line Center. If they even think for one minute they can bring him back and be OK at Center for this year they are KIDDING THEMSELVES and the fans will be pissssed.

hahahahahahaha and you think they would be willing to trade with the team that just forced them into a tough spot??

That's like Darcy thinking he'd trade Derek Roy to Edmonton after they gave Vanek and offer-sheet.

Yeah, you're probably right. Hopefully somebody offers him a sheet though.

But if Buffalo has a good package together it might not matter.. it's like "listen, SOMEONE was going to offer sheet stamkos... we did. if you want to unload Vinny and make room, we'll give u two first rounders, AHL rookie of the year Luke Adam / whoever else you mentioned earlier. Otherwise you can take your time and try to find a better deal -- you have 7 days."

Yeah, you're probably right. Hopefully somebody offers him a sheet though.

But if Buffalo has a good package together it might not matter.. it's like "listen, SOMEONE was going to offer sheet stamkos... we did. if you want to unload Vinny and make room, we'll give u two first rounders, AHL rookie of the year Luke Adam / whoever else you mentioned earlier. Otherwise you can take your time and try to find a better deal -- you have 7 days."

depends who somebody is

I want no part of him going to the Flyers or Leafs. Which are 2 likely teams. Burke has to be getting desperate. Every year rumors come out of the woodwork that the Leafs are going to WOW the NHL and it never happens. Instead Burke makes a move for Liles. He's got to feel the heat, especially because he can't SHUT UP. Watch him go crazy and offer 10 years 150 million and Tampa doesn't match it.

depends who somebody is

I want no part of him going to the Flyers or Leafs. Which are 2 likely teams. Burke has to be getting desperate. Every year rumors come out of the woodwork that the Leafs are going to WOW the NHL and it never happens. Instead Burke makes a move for Liles. He's got to feel the heat, especially because he can't SHUT UP. Watch him go crazy and offer 10 years 150 million and Tampa doesn't match it.

Tampa will match it. Tampa will match ANYTHING. League maximum? You got it. They rebranded and rebuilt their entire organization around the kid, he's not going anywhere. I would be utterly shocked if he were traded or Tampa passed on matching.

But if any of them, Toronto or Florida specifically since they have $$ to spend, make that offer sheet to Stamkos, Vinny or Malone or both have to go if they plan on matching it.

I don't REALLY expect to Buffalo to make an offer to Stamkos, but if they pushed the issue and forced Tampa into moving Vinny to match the sheet, I don't know that Tampa Bay would really have the time to be angry about it. I mean going back to my post a few posts back: if Buffalo immediately offers them a deal for Vinny, and it's a GOOD, fair deal including 2 first rounders and other prospects, is Tampa really going to accept a lesser deal from another team just because they're mad at Buffalo? We're talking years of picks and prospects -- it'd be a big deal. No way Tampa would settle for less, even if Buffalo was the one that forced them into a corner. BUT if another team comes along and has a better offer for Vinny, then sure, we don't get Stammer or Vinny.

why? Unless it's 1 year at 2 million or less. Even then..... Good Lord, Timmy is a mess health wise. He should just retire.

:wallbash:

Timmy proved to be a great PK guy, but he always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and gets himself injured. I would really rather look elsewhere for 3rd line Center. If they even think for one minute they can bring him back and be OK at Center for this year they are KIDDING THEMSELVES and the fans will be pissssed.

If they could get Connolly to sign for between 1 and 2 million a season, they'd be fools not to do it. Fools.

Chris Higgins, Vernon Fiddler, Michael Handzus, Maxime Talbot, Scott Nichol, Brendan Morrison, Eric Belanger. All possible pickups as the 3rd line center.

But we have goose. We need 1st line center.

If and only if I were in charge lol, i would go after B richards and B Laich. Hecht can go away, hes getting old and isnt as good as he once was. That gives us a top line center and a 3rd liner who could play center but at the least can could be a good veteran with 50pt a season potential. B Richards we all know what you get with him. Also i wouldnt mind if montador got like 1mil x 2years and understood he was going to be a depth guy.

Regehr was 1 step in a 3 step plan I think the sabres have:

1) Find a shutdown, hardnoosed defender whose a lefty to pair with Myers.

2) Locate and acquire either by trade or UFA a center who could either be a 1st or a amazing 2nd.

3) Bring in another tough, point scoring center to add depth to your lines but it should be a guy who can eat pk minutes and still produce offensively.

in about 7 more days we should have a good idea if this is the plan.

Right now, sitting here today I'd be happy if we signed Brooks Laich to be our #2 center and re-signed Connolly to be on the 3rd line with Hecht and Pomminstein. Not ideal by any stretch but it would work.

Vanek - Roy - Stafford

Ennis - Laich - Boyes

Hecht - Tin Man - Pommer

McCormick - Goose - Kaleta

Gerbe is odd man out.

Jeez, I can't believe I just said I'd be OK with Connolly coming back.

But we have goose. We need 1st line center.

If and only if I were in charge lol, i would go after B richards and B Laich. Hecht can go away, hes getting old and isnt as good as he once was. That gives us a top line center and a 3rd liner who could play center but at the least can could be a good veteran with 50pt a season potential. B Richards we all know what you get with him. Also i wouldnt mind if montador got like 1mil x 2years and understood he was going to be a depth guy.

Regehr was 1 step in a 3 step plan I think the sabres have:

1) Find a shutdown, hardnoosed defender whose a lefty to pair with Myers.

2) Locate and acquire either by trade or UFA a center who could either be a 1st or a amazing 2nd.

3) Bring in another tough, point scoring center to add depth to your lines but it should be a guy who can eat pk minutes and still produce offensively.

in about 7 more days we should have a good idea if this is the plan.

You keep bringing up Laich as a third line center but he is only going to leave Washington for first line money. Anything less and he will just resign with them. Besides the fact that he is more of a natural wing, he isn't worth first line money.

Right now, sitting here today I'd be happy if we signed Brooks Laich to be our #2 center and re-signed Connolly to be on the 3rd line with Hecht and Pomminstein. Not ideal by any stretch but it would work.

Vanek - Roy - Stafford

Ennis - Laich - Boyes

Hecht - Tin Man - Pommer

McCormick - Goose - Kaleta

Gerbe is odd man out.

Jeez, I can't believe I just said I'd be OK with Connolly coming back.

If we sign another D-Man, the line-up you have here could be top 3 in the league, #1 in the east, in goals scored. Regher alone will give our wingers 2-3 more real good rushes a game, which could translate into about 0.3 more GPG. Add erhoff, bieksa, etc. and we're scary good again. If MAG develops into a 15 minute guy, we're chasing 300 goals.

As for Gerbe, he fits in the rotation perfectly because he can play on ANY line in case of injury/illness. He's quick and a pest with a massive heart.

Archived