Official 2011 NHL Draft Thread

Robviously

I've been saying all along that this team just needs a Mormon shooting guard to complement Vanek.

kid's a straight sniper! Can shoot from anywhere! Not a great defender though, a liability in his own end...

kid's a straight sniper! Can shoot from anywhere! Not a great defender though, a liability in his own end...

The Knicks grabbed Schumpert and some other no name forward, oh well. They got beaten out of what they really needed... a shooting guard by Philli et al.

Paul Hamilton on GR reporting that he has an idea that the Sabres will make a "big" move up from the #16 pick.

really? interesting, i wonder to where and for what cost? some of those high pick teams need to add salary to get to the cap floor but buffalo does not really have a lot of salary to dump... interesting.... very interesting.

Ideally i feel as if the sabres should trade up to 4-6th and draft Couturier who would help a great deal but I am still skeptical of that happening although it seems that Darcy is using his new resources for the betterment of the team so maybe he can work some magic an get us up there. The last 24 hours have been so exciting and hearing that more maybe coming, I think july 1 might be a bust and june 24th might be the day the sabres enter the ranks of cup contender... time will tell 3.5 hours and counting.

really? interesting, i wonder to where and for what cost? some of those high pick teams need to add salary to get to the cap floor but buffalo does not really have a lot of salary to dump... interesting.... very interesting.

Ideally i feel as if the sabres should trade up to 4-6th and draft Couturier who would help a great deal but I am still skeptical of that happening although it seems that Darcy is using his new resources for the betterment of the team so maybe he can work some magic an get us up there. The last 24 hours have been so exciting and hearing that more maybe coming, I think july 1 might be a bust and june 24th might be the day the sabres enter the ranks of cup contender... time will tell 3.5 hours and counting.

Personally, I'd rather see the team trade the pick for someone who can play this season.

Personally, I'd rather see the team trade the pick for someone who can play this season.

what if with the loss of a guy on the roster now and our 1st you could move up to get jonathan huberdeau? Supposedly one of the smartest hockey players ever. Or our you against it altogether? I would understand if you were because it could not help us in the short or long run.

what if with the loss of a guy on the roster now and our 1st you could move up to get jonathan huberdeau? Supposedly one of the smartest hockey players ever. Or our you against it altogether? I would understand if you were because it could not help us in the short or long run.

It's a good question...if they move up I think it will be for Sean Couturier...who was on a line with Kassian and Foligno at the World Juniors. For some moments those three looked electric and opponents were literally skating away from the puck to get out of their way.

It's a good question...if they move up I think it will be for Sean Couturier...who was on a line with Kassian and Foligno at the World Juniors. For some moments those three looked electric and opponents were literally skating away from the puck to get out of their way.

my good sir you took the random thought right out of my head... Kassian Couturier and Foligno would have the skill and brute force to win, kinda like a Krecji Lucic Horton, but our line would have more skill and more power IMO. Its an interesting proposition but i have no idea what you would have to give up to move up and secure him... also Couturier ive heard needs work on his skating.

my good sir you took the random thought right out of my head... Kassian Couturier and Foligno would have the skill and brute force to win, kinda like a Krecji Lucic Horton, but our line would have more skill and more power IMO. Its an interesting proposition but i have no idea what you would have to give up to move up and secure him... also Couturier ive heard needs work on his skating.

Foligno is no lock to make the NHL. Kassian has serious maturity issues and probably spends next year in Rochester. (Both of these opinions are mine, but also are shared by Hamilton.) Trade the pick and get this team a center who can play in October.

Foligno is no lock to make the NHL. Kassian has serious maturity issues and probably spends next year in Rochester. (Both of these opinions are mine, but also are shared by Hamilton.) Trade the pick and get this team a center who can play in October.

Preferably one who can play in October AND in June. But yeah, they don't grow on trees.

all excellent points and i dont disagree at all with them. I just wonder a bit, I think kassian is the real deal but foligno i am less sure of. Couturier has got great potential as well...

Its a tough call but i think depending on what you would get for your first it could be more worth it to trade up. If Stephen Weiss is what you get for a 1st, than I would rather trade up. If you can package that first and get something amazing than i as a fan am in. We got about 3 hours before we pick (probably more like 4) so lets see if that happens.

Not a bad skater...just not a fast one. He looks very balanced on his skates, but can look stuck in mud at times. But I thought he looked very strong on the puck, and buys time protecting the puck with his body.

What I like about him...if he isn't a home-run I think he is still a future NHL third line center. I could see him falling to 7 or 8 and a team swooping in.

Archived