Official 2011 NHL Draft Thread

Robviously

Oh get over it, wasn't meant to be, more out of frustration of Marcy's incompetence... Kinda like calling Sadam .... Sadaam.

Oh Holy sh*t. So Darcy initiates a pretty good (and unresolved) trade, and by all accounts the pieces involved might make him look like a wizard, and he picks a Finn in the draft and that makes him incompetent? Does he need to trade for Stamkos, Kane and give you a handjob? Would that make him "competent"? Cripes.

Oh Holy sh*t. So Darcy initiates a pretty good (and unresolved) trade, and by all accounts the pieces involved might make him look like a wizard, and he picks a Finn in the draft and that makes him incompetent? Does he need to trade for Stamkos, Kane and give you a handjob? Would that make him "competent"? Cripes.

Ah, Yes...and would show some creativity and live up to Pegs statement that the Sabres are going to win the cup. Just saying, you have to do due diligence on a guy or go elsewhere. I'll trade you the handjob for a good trade that is actually executed for a center that can play and a senior D.

He should have drafted a 19 year old Wayne Gretzky. There were at least 6 of them available in this draft.

Ah, Yes...and would show some creativity and live up to Pegs statement that the Sabres are going to win the cup. Just saying, you have to do due diligence on a guy or go elsewhere. I'll trade you the handjob for a good trade that is actually executed for a center that can play and a senior D.

You obviously don't understand the subtleties of this situation. I feel sorry for you.

You obviously don't understand the subtleties of this situation. I feel sorry for you.

Oh but I do, too well.. Use to work these things on Capitol Hill for quite a while and you gotta be willing to be creative or go a different direction to accomplish the same goal and do it quickly. There always has to be a backup plan and a backup to that. The key is being able to pivot quickly... and then execute.

Oh but I do, too well.. Use to work these things on Capitol Hill for quite a while and you gotta be willing to be creative or go a different direction to accomplish the same goal and do it quickly. There always has to be a backup plan and a backup to that. The key is being able to pivot quickly... and then execute.

Oi vey. You worked on Capitol Hill so you know how to negotiate NHL transactions. That's obviously a logical conclusion as well.

I'm done with this thread. You're all lunatics.

And you know so much. This is about working with people and working people. Doesn't matter the situation. People are people and cutting deals is cutting deals. You think that the NHL is somehow unique???

Any good sales person will tell you they can sell anything. Any good manager will tell you they can make it happen. Darcy has been around enough to have had a chance to set up those relationships, have people in place to get the proper intel so that he would know the pitfalls ahead of time and if it was realistic to get a deal. It is really that simple.... Takes a lot of hard work but I think you over estimate the skill set and are not paying enough attention to your text in red.

nothing personal, but if you used to work on capital hill, then you know jack $#!^ about getting things done. just sayin

nothing personal, but if you used to work on capital hill, then you know jack $#!^ about getting things done. just sayin

In the current climate, I would have to agree with you. Worked there prior to and during the Clinton Admin and Bush II and especially under Clinton we got a lot done. People didn't always agree with it, but a lot was done.

You could reasonably equate Obama with Regier in his style of handling things and I don't like either.

In the current climate, I would have to agree with you. Worked there prior to and during the Clinton Admin and Bush II and especially under Clinton we got a lot done.

Because all your players waive their NMC's. I'm finishin' the bottle,

OUT.

Because all your players waive their NMC's. I'm finishin' the bottle,

OUT.

Have one on me.. because you miss the point. No, but Darcy should have known that status when Calgary got serious and if he wouldn't do it then, should have walked away until the Flames GM could've guaranteed it and or gone after someone else.

Probably a reach around. Or maybe something in a bathroom stall now that I've read the last page.

Have one on me.. because you miss the point. No, but Darcy should have known that status when Calgary got serious and if he wouldn't do it then, should have walked away until the Flames GM could've guaranteed it and or gone after someone else.

Mark my word. Regehr is coming to Buffalo. Kotalik too.

As for drafting tough hockey players, your first round selection(s) will obviously make the largest impact and here they are:

2008: Myers - big and has begun to become a physical player

Ennis - Skilled, little physical upside

2009: Kassian - Physical force

2010: Pysyk - Known for many things but one drawback is that he is soft

2011: Armia - One of his main negatives is his competitivness

We only had one second round pick in the past three years (Adam) so I'm not sure how the high end guys are really known for their physical play outside of Kassian.

When I say that I haven't been happy with the Sabres' first round picks since Myers, this is the list I'm referring to. Kassian? Hell no! This kid is a thug and a head case in my mind until he proves differently. They passed on Kulikov to take him, which makes it worse. Kulikov was projected to go in the top 7 and was snapped up by Florida, who picked right behind us. Big mistake.

Pysyk - I read that he was soft was well, and that was before they took him. I believe who they really wanted was Tinordi, a big defenseman, but Montreal jumped in front of them to take him. Pysyk was the consolation prize.

I guess the biggest disappointment was all the pre-draft chatter from Devine about moving up and the hope that the Pegula regime would start looking different than what we have all been used to. So far, same old.

I'm almost afraid to hope that free agency will provide the spark every one of us is waiting for.

I just hope your are right...? As much as I think DR is a light weight, I still want him to succeed for the Sabres sake. Any thoughts on DeLuca's post on the other thread?

I would like to know how you know this. Unless you feel that no other team will make Calgary happy and so they will go back to Regehr and simply say, "take it or leave it". Is that your reasoning or do you know someone or something that I don't?

I would like to know how you know this. Unless you feel that no other team will make Calgary happy and so they will go back to Regehr and simply say, "take it or leave it". Is that your reasoning or do you know someone or something that I don't?

No seriously. Dreger reports Regehr and Kotes to B-lo!

Archived