Official 2011 NHL Draft Thread

Robviously

pretty surprised they didn't take a center OR trade the pick for a center.

all in all a pretty boring night for Sabres fans (reminds me of july 1st every year and the trade deadline <_< )

Did you really expect much else? The picks in this draft aren't moving around at all other than the Carter deal because they're not worth very much.

I don't know why I watch this every year. I always come in with high expectations and leave disappointed. The last time I was happy over a Buffalo first round pick was when they took Myers.

Armenia??? RW is the LAST position we need to fill. We have too many as it is.

FWIW, Joel Armia was the first player mentioned way back when I started this thread....

We can still be excited about hockey this spring/summer even though we haven't won a playoff series since 2007. The 2011 NHL Draft starts June 24th!

I've seen a couple mock drafts that have the Sabres taking Joel Armia from Finland: Hockey News Article. He was in Buffalo in December for the WJC, but the Sabres have been reluctant to draft Europeans after getting burned a few times in the past.

I still hope the Sabres manage to pull off a trade of some kind this weekend.

I don't know why I watch this every year. I always come in with high expectations and leave disappointed. The last time I was happy over a Buffalo first round pick was when they took Myers.

There's nothing in the system on the right side beyond Kassian. They need depth at every single forward position right now.

Just watched some of the highlights, looks like he's got some major hands, my God. However, the couple of youtube packages I watched did not make him out to have much of a physical aspect to his game. Unfortunately outside of Kassian, most of our forwards are skilled but not physical. He may fit in with the rest of them.

Their last five 1st round picks have looked pretty good:Kassian, Myres, Ennis, Enroth, MAG. or something along those lines

Just watched some of the highlights, looks like he's got some major hands, my God. However, the couple of youtube packages I watched did not make him out to have much of a physical aspect to his game. Unfortunately outside of Kassian, most of our forwards are skilled but not physical. He may fit in with the rest of them.

Foligno is physical as well.......... :beer:

Their last five 1st round picks have looked pretty good:Kassian, Myres, Ennis, Enroth, MAG. or something along those lines

Yeah, but those were BORING. I'd rather have a flashy night than valuable prospects. It's all about the now. :thumbdown:

They've drafted quite a bit of physical players in recent years. They're going to need skill to go along with it.

Archived