Official 2011 NHL Draft Thread

Robviously

Kevin Devine said in an interview last night that they "had a half deal to move into the top 10, but that fell through with some of the trades yesterday." I wondered last night if Philly trading with Columbus for the #8 spot put the proverbial monkey wrench in their plans to move up and grab Couturier, and this makes it sound like it might have.

Kevin Devine said in an interview last night that they "had a half deal to move into the top 10, but that fell through with some of the trades yesterday." I wondered last night if Philly trading with Columbus for the #8 spot put the proverbial monkey wrench in their plans to move up and grab Couturier, and this makes it sound like it might have.

I am not happy that Filly has Schenn and Couturier. Those 2 were very impressive at the WJC's.

Couturier is the guy I was hoping the Sabres would find a way to get.

I like. If you can't get the big center, get the short one made of lightning.

EDIT: From Leafs Site

"Heading into the NHL entry draft, scouts have placed Catenacci as high as the 11th overall position and as far back as the fourth round. "It's such a wide range," said Dubas. "To me the key for Daniel is going to be how he responds no matter what happens."

Another blurb on Catenacci -- he's 50th overall in TSN's list:

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=44973

TSN Scout Grant McCagg:

The first overall pick in the 2009 OHL Draft, Catenacci led the Greyhounds in scoring with 71 points. Played a fourth-line role with Canada's 2001 U-18 team. Fastest skater in the CHL Top Prospects competition skills. Strengths - One of the draft's faster skaters, strong lower body, plays a feisty style that frustrates opponents, uses speed effectively defensively, good laterally, diligent backchecker. Weaknesses - Lacks high-end vision and creativity, doesn't always use his teammates effectively. Only 5-9. NHL Upside - He has the speed and the motor to compete for a third-line center role some day.

Colin Jacobs - round 4. Another C

Power forward. Good 2 way player.

From Dallas area.

Inspired by an event in 1999 to want to play hockey.

HaHa - already said the goal didn't count now!

Last time we drafted a guy born in Texas, he was named Tyler Myers and it sorta worked out.

Sounds like a good pick in the 4th round. Hard worker who has a good chance to be an NHL player even if he has no chance of ever being a star.

Archived