GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

For the life of me, I cannot make sense of what CarBomb is talking about here. He seems to be calling some of his own teammates pusses? And while they have a lot of things to improve upon, I have not seen the Sabres shying away from anything wearing orange so far.

"They're hard on the right guys," Carcillo said. "They haven't said boo to some of the other guys who they know will fight back. That's the way they play. That's the way they've always played. So we'll see what happens in [Game] 5."

The guys that seem to be taking the brunt of the hitting are: Richards, Briere, Syvret, Carcillo, Hartnell.. The guy they seem to miss more than they hit is Giroux.

The guys that seem to be taking the brunt of the hitting are: Richards, Briere, Syvret, Carcillo, Hartnell.. The guy they seem to miss more than they hit is Giroux.

Your list is who MOST of the Sabres have been hitting.. for sure. However, I have noticed that Gerbe has lined up Giroux a few times so far this series. Including what I call the Gerbe Body Slam:

Giroux, meet ice

one last thought: i'd love nothing more than for the good guys to advance to the ECSF. but, watching that game last night, i could not shake the feeling that we are out-gunned by this flyers team. that doesn't mean that we can't steal the series from them -- i just didn't have sufficient appreciation for how deep and talented our opponents are until last night.

go sabres.

The Flyers are loaded at forward and only a bit less so on defense. However:

1. When Myers plays like that, the gap between the 2 groups of defensemen gets narrower.

2. Carter was their leading goal-scorer this year and may be out for at least game 5: linky

Carter, who had 36 goals in the regular season, left the game with 2:12 remaining in the first period, apparently suffering a knee injury. He did not return, and he was limping badly after the game.

General manager Paul Holmgren said afterward that Carter was day-to-day.

3. Perhaps the law of averages, combined with the new forward lines, will result in either (i) the Sabres' "top 6" removing heads from ###### and scoring more than 1 goal tomorrow or (ii) the Waterboy letting in a couple of softies.

4. Miller! Miller! Miller!

We are doing to the Flyers what the Bruins did to us last year. I really think that when we play rough, Philly gets scared.

Maybe not so much scared as perplexed. The Sabres haven't been this physical since the days of Rob Ray, so the Flyers didn't expect that and are getting chippy when they get hit. Boo hoo.

Apparently Carcillo feels that the Sabres are punks that don't say boo to players that will fight back. Pot, kettle.

Not sure I understand, is he saying he would like to come and play here, or that the Flyers need a few of Buffalo's players picked up in the off-season?

I've always found it outrageously amusing when the Cryers start their whining about how everyone else is oh-so-dirty and bad.

It means they're losing.

Imagine if Pronger came back in a series like this. This is the type of game he dreams about what with all the dirty cheap stuff and stickwork. The sabres would be carrying around a whole lot more bruising if he was involved.

Apparently Carcillo feels that the Sabres are punks that don't say boo to players that will fight back. Pot, kettle.

Yeah, his comments are a joke. The Sabres aren't backing down from anyone in this series. The better question is, if Buffalo is phycially punishing the Philly stars, why aren't any Flyer "tough guys" sticking up for them? The way Buffalo has done all series anytime a Flyer so much as breathes on Miller?

Embarrassing for them... Broad Street Bullies, these ain't.

Imagine if Pronger came back in a series like this. This is the type of game he dreams about what with all the dirty cheap stuff and stickwork. The sabres would be carrying around a whole lot more bruising if he was involved.

If Pronger came back in this series, unless fully healed, he would probably re-injure himself.

I wouldn't doubt that if the game is on the line Sunday for Philly, then he may come back even if not ready.

I'd add vanRiemsdyk to List B with Giroux. The guy seems to create space for himself at will coming into our zone.

Yeah, his comments are a joke. The Sabres aren't backing down from anyone in this series. The better question is, if Buffalo is phycially punishing the Philly stars, why aren't any Flyer "tough guys" sticking up for them? The way Buffalo has done all series anytime a Flyer so much as breathes on Miller?

Embarrassing for them... Broad Street Bullies, these ain't.

Spot on.

I haven't read through the thread, but I hope Grags has been getting his due. That kid is one cool customer -- can't believe he has barely had a cup of coffee in the bigs.

Sabres in 6.

MAG is slick.

Smooth skating and suprisingly confident. :thumbsup:

He is not JVR confident yet, but maybe Lindy can take the reigns off this kid a little more.

In game 3, he looked like a vet.

The energy in last night's game was amazing. My favorite part of the game was when goose came out of the pile at the end of the game and tossed his hands in the air and the crowd went nuts. Best game of the year. LET'S GO BUFFALOOOOO

From an atmosphere perspective, yes, it was the best game of the year. As far as the play of the Sabres on the ice...far from it.

You may not want to watch Myers' leg bend from Carter's leg on leg:

http://video.thescor...tch/buf-1-phi-0

Yah should we be worried? I know from my sports days that you can get plowed in the leg like that and either a) be screwed b) be screwed later when it swells or c) be fine because it bent and didnt break anything... CHZ what do you know? Myers seemed fine but angry in the third.

Derek Roy, we won obviously so do you play him friday or if we lose friday is his first game back a must win on sunday... I'm ready for him. He must be healed but just out of shape... Tough calls, you could gamble and put him back in and moveon or not and still move on or put him back in and he makes mistakes... what to do...

Yah should we be worried? I know from my sports days that you can get plowed in the leg like that and either a) be screwed b) be screwed later when it swells or c) be fine because it bent and didnt break anything... CHZ what do you know? Myers seemed fine but angry in the third.

Derek Roy, we won obviously so do you play him friday or if we lose friday is his first game back a must win on sunday... I'm ready for him. He must be healed but just out of shape... Tough calls, you could gamble and put him back in and moveon or not and still move on or put him back in and he makes mistakes... what to do...

If he is fully recovered I say play him. Buffalo is hurting for a center to get stuff going. Rob Niedermayer is playing well I guess ... but TC is asleep at the wheel.

Archived