GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

So I need to stay out of sabrespace during th game. Did it this game and game 1. No posts from me on friday night.

Thoughts:

Miller: GODLIKE.

Ennis: Best game I've seen him play in the post season

Defense: responsible as all hell tonight.

Forwards: responsible as all hell on the back check tonight.

Gerbe: Wish he could have fought Timonen

Stafford: Wish he would have beat the living piss out of hartnell when he wanted to fight Gerbe.

Myers: MAKIN IT LOOK MEAN!!! Love the edge he's playing with.

:worthy: :worthy: :clapping: :clapping:

Agree, agree, agree. Miller is an elite goalie, and an elite player in the league. Let's not get crazy when he has an off night or when his backup plays well. He's the man. Period.

Loved the fight shown tonight by several guys especially Gerbe, Myers, Kaleta and Goose. Also, is it me or did Lindy really mix up some of the forward lines tonight? Seemed to get some chances going.

The Waterboy Boucher is giving up more scoring chances than a college sorority with those rebounds, and if it weren't for a few goalposts and bad bounces, this one would have been over after two periods. Keep the same game plan and sooner or later he's going to get lit up and we'll get a look at Flyers goalie number three out there.

Definitely one the more exciting 1-0 games you will see. Nice to the Sabres, led by Myers, step it up physically. Miller played really well after a shaky start. Myers and Butler with two huge defensive plays. The five minute power play was a disappointment and the boos at the end of it were a bit shocking. Two more defensive efforts like tonight and the conversation turns to round two opponents.

:worthy: :worthy: :clapping: :clapping:

Agree, agree, agree. Miller is an elite goalie, and an elite player in the league. Let's not get crazy when he has an off night or when his backup plays well. He's the man. Period.

Loved the fight shown tonight by several guys especially Gerbe, Myers, Kaleta and Goose. Also, is it me or did Lindy really mix up some of the forward lines tonight? Seemed to get some chances going.

The Waterboy Boucher is giving up more scoring chances than a college sorority with those rebounds, and if it weren't for a few goalposts and bad bounces, this one would have been over after two periods. Keep the same game plan and sooner or later he's going to get lit up and we'll get a look at Flyers goalie number three out there.

There were some absolutely huge rebounds off Boucher tonight and I don't recall seeing a Sabre get to a single one of them.

Definitely one the more exciting 1-0 games you will see. Nice to the Sabres, led by Myers, step it up physically. Miller played really well after a shaky start. Myers and Butler with two huge defensive plays. The five minute power play was a disappointment and the boos at the end of it were a bit shocking. Two more defensive efforts like tonight and the conversation turns to round two opponents.

still a few too many poor clearings and zone play but good to see Myers getting nasty

That's the one that drove me crazy. Vanek was all alone there.

Ennis was close too; gotta give the goaltender credit on that one.

Vanek was about to put that one home. I was furious with Kaleta because I thought he was trying to draw a penalty but the replay showed that he just lost his skate there. Can't be as mad about that even though I think it cost us a goal.

Archived