GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

If he is fully recovered I say play him. Buffalo is hurting for a center to get stuff going. Rob Niedermayer is playing well I guess ... but TC is asleep at the wheel.

From what I understand he is healed but because it was a leg injury he is out of shape a bit which is to be expected but maybe chz or someone else with more knowledge could illuminate the situation, I think Roy's return would spark this team.

First of all - I can't wait for the Easter Sunday game where hopefully we can close it out at home!

Myers finally looked like the stud Chara/Pronger type franchise dman that we have been looking for. Roby mentioned that he looked like he was pissed throughout the whole game in the post-game coverage. Thats what we need from him to keep maturing and become a force. Looked a little slower after that knee on knee with Carter.

The first period was probably the best I have seen the Sabres play this series. They were buzzing around and sustained a great forecheck in the Philly zone. No matter how good their D is with pressure turnovers can happen. Could have easily been 3-0 after one with the posts hit.

Sabres set the tone with some big hits early on. Need that in game 5 and on...

Connolly should not be allowed on the PP anymore. He was absolutely brutal on the 5min to start the 3rd. Please don't resign him in the summer.

Where has my namesake Brad Boyes been all series? The post he hit in the first was the first time I've heard his name all series.

MAG is a stud. Always cool as a cucumber and his passing vision is outstanding.

I really don't expect anything to come of it, but isn't starting a brawl in the last two minutes of play an automatic suspension? That 'separator' on Gerbe should get something I would hope. :unsure:

From what I understand he is healed but because it was a leg injury he is out of shape a bit which is to be expected but maybe chz or someone else with more knowledge could illuminate the situation, I think Roy's return would spark this team.

Mancari sent down to Portland.

MAG is slick.

Smooth skating and suprisingly confident. :thumbsup:

He is not JVR confident yet, but maybe Lindy can take the reigns off this kid a little more.

In game 3, he looked like a vet.

And so far, he's been the most confident d-man bringing the puck up the ice. I haven't seen anyone like that since RJ Umberger's nightmare.

I have a feeling that if Pronger comes back in this series for game 6 or 7, so will Roy.

fwiw

Multiple reports from Philly saying that injured #Flyers D Chris Pronger is having a great practice right now. Could be ready soon.

https://twitter.com/#!/DropThePuckWHTK/status/61086120204713984

Yah should we be worried? I know from my sports days that you can get plowed in the leg like that and either a) be screwed b) be screwed later when it swells or c) be fine because it bent and didnt break anything... CHZ what do you know? Myers seemed fine but angry in the third.

Derek Roy, we won obviously so do you play him friday or if we lose friday is his first game back a must win on sunday... I'm ready for him. He must be healed but just out of shape... Tough calls, you could gamble and put him back in and moveon or not and still move on or put him back in and he makes mistakes... what to do...

As bad as we need a competent centerman (now and always), do we really risk his future bringing him back too early? I don't think this is our year regardless and bringing him back too early to reinjure it would hurt us next year and beyond.

Only bring him back if you are sure he is 100+%

Connolly should not be allowed on the PP anymore. He was absolutely brutal on the 5min to start the 3rd. Please don't resign him in the summer.

He's a poster boy for the offensive problems...carries the puck around indecisively, doesn't shoot when he should, and any shots go directly into the defender's leg 3 feet in front of him. I would have liked to see a one-timer once in a while on the major PP and Vanek's chance with Kaleta dumping himself into the net should have been a shot before he let everyone else go by.

I know you need to pick the spots, but they need to start shooting more.

Briere "Last night we felt the five-minute penalty on Mike Richards was personal more than anything and there was a lot of frustration from that. Mike wasn’t happy about the (roughing) call on (Dan) Carcillo when both Miller and (Mike) Weber were mugging him and Weber didn’t get anything. We were all furious about that call and then he turned around and gave Mike the five minutes. For the most part since I’ve been here the refs have been very good at knowing the difference between the playoffs and the regular season, but I thought last night the line was crossed by one of them."

Buffalo's had the most minors call against them of all 16 teams. 28 to be exact. Nearly twice as many as the regular season. Go cry in ur pillow Danny.

I really don't expect anything to come of it, but isn't starting a brawl in the last two minutes of play an automatic suspension? That 'separator' on Gerbe should get something I would hope. :unsure:

It's only an issue if fighting majors were called. I am not aware of any fighting penalties issued. Also, if you recall, Chara and Goose had a couple meetings after time expired last April. Chara wasn't suspended. I doubt there are any suspensions for this. Noone fought. It was just a bunch of scrumming.

It's only an issue if fighting majors were called. I am not aware of any fighting penalties issued. Also, if you recall, Chara and Goose had a couple meetings after time expired last April. Chara wasn't suspended. I doubt there are any suspensions for this. Noone fought. It was just a bunch of scrumming.

Ah right, they need fighting majors called. I couldn't remember the exact rule - Thanks :thumbsup:

What about that separator move though? Think anything will come of that or is it playoff hockey time?

Briere "Last night we felt the five-minute penalty on Mike Richards was personal more than anything and there was a lot of frustration from that. Mike wasn’t happy about the (roughing) call on (Dan) Carcillo when both Miller and (Mike) Weber were mugging him and Weber didn’t get anything. We were all furious about that call and then he turned around and gave Mike the five minutes. For the most part since I’ve been here the refs have been very good at knowing the difference between the playoffs and the regular season, but I thought last night the line was crossed by one of them."

Buffalo's had the most minors call against them of all 16 teams. 28 to be exact. Nearly twice as many as the regular season. Go cry in ur pillow Danny.

No, by all means, keep whining - Everyone knows crying about the officials just makes them pay closer attention to your team.

Carcillo cross-checked Miller in the forearm right before the shot hit the post, then slashed him twice more before Miller gave him one shot with the glove hand and then missed with the stick hand. THAT's Miller mugging Carcillo? Whatev, Dan.

Carcillo cross-checked Miller in the forearm right before the shot hit the post, then slashed him twice more before Miller gave him one shot with the glove hand and then missed with the stick hand. THAT's Miller mugging Carcillo? Whatev, Dan.

It is all gamesmanship. Nothing more. They want it out there that they aren't happy with the officiating with the hope that the officials give Buffalo more scrutiny. But it's all bluff and bluster. Lindy used to do the same when we played Ottawa in the playoffs. IIRC he did it when we played Toronto too.

Just checked the Flyers forums and they were lookingto see a clip of Myers dragging Richards along the ice. Anyone registered over there have it handy? I see it's on the sabres.nhl.com highlights. Someone should post it over there just for the sheer fun of it. I tried to register but it is by invitation only.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=905641&page=34

But there are different and better ways of doing it.

Using terms like how the penalty on Richards was "personal" IMHO, will only put the spotlight on the Flyers, if any.

Just checked the Flyers forums and they were lookingto see a clip of Myers dragging Richards along the ice. Anyone registered over there have it handy? I see it's on the sabres.nhl.com highlights. Someone should post it over there just for the sheer fun of it. I tried to register but it is by invitation only.

Personally I don't like trolls hanging around here, so I see no reason I should go trolling on their boards.

It was funny watching Briere looking for someone to cry to when he and Myers were going at it in the third. He was on the ice and i just remember seeing Myers bending down near him looking at him while Danny was crying.

its funny to hear the Cryers complaining that the refs are against them, cause the last few games, I have seen alot of missed calls where the Refs were looking right at the play and just let it go (plenty of Flyers holding Sticks, someone being chased in a headlock along the boards, Miller taking a stick to the face after the play was already whistled dead in the first.......)

i saw it right in front of me live, Myers grabbed him and pulled him over

This was a good post:

To the guy responsible for the music at the HSBC Arena:

Your favourite trash-disco from the 90s called, they want their music back

It was funny watching Briere looking for someone to cry to when he and Myers were going at it in the third. He was on the ice and i just remember seeing Myers bending down near him looking at him while Danny was crying.

its funny to hear the Cryers complaining that the refs are against them, cause the last few games, I have seen alot of missed calls where the Refs were looking right at the play and just let it go (plenty of Flyers holding Sticks, someone being chased in a headlock along the boards, Miller taking a stick to the face after the play was already whistled dead in the first.......)

To be fair it was Weber's stick that caught Miller as he was lifting the flyer stick to tie him up.

I've lived in Philly for a long time now.

Hasek annoyed the fans here.

They used to love to hate Barnaby.

But this current "thug" Sabre team is despised right now.

I've lived in Philly for a long time now.

Hasek annoyed the fans here.

They used to love to hate Barnaby.

But this current "thug" Sabre team is despised right now.

You should see the stuff they used to say about Briere on their board in 2006. Stuff like how he only succeeds because of the "new NHL" and how they would never want a guy like that on their team.

Archived