Confirmed: Miller may play this weekend

Meathead

So this:

Has nothing to do with this:

Got it.

You got it.

If I think Miller tends to choke under pressure, it doesn't mean that I think Vanek's "freebie" comment was referring to Miller.

Logic.

"Freebie" I hear uncontested shot in the slot that the D gave up.

"Softie" I hear goaltender missed a routine save while thinking about dinosaurs, supermodels, the alien voices, or combo of all three.

Finally, some rationality in this discussion. I glad at least one person here isn't turning this into a moral panic story. You'd think Vanek was claiming Miller was the City Grill shooter with all of this nonsense.

Finally, some rationality in this discussion. I glad at least one person here isn't turning this into a moral panic story. You'd think Vanek was claiming Miller was the City Grill shooter with all of this nonsense.

......Say, where was Ryan Miller that night? :unsure:

Should we start a poll to see how many games he plays again before he re-injures himself?

I believe the answer is the same number of licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie-pop..

Talk about idiotic...why would you trade a goalie who was drafted to be the next franchise goalie...so you would rather trade a rising star and then go out and get a free agent back up, thats how teams turn into the Islanders..put all your cards into one goalie and then don't look to the future...I am glad the Sabres had the mind to draft Enroth even though they had miller even if it cost a second round draft choice...thats what it takes to draft well and look ahead

What do you think is the more pressing need for the Sabres: #1 center or #2 goalie? Or are you one of the FNG geniuses who thinks the Sabres can get Malkin for Pommer and Hecht?

It is very different when a guy is not practicing or playing with an injury and when he is playing through an injury...many players on the team right now have undisclosed minor injuries but are still playing I guarantee

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just offering up the idea that the team may not be disclosing it because, well, they just don't have to. Why force him to play through an injury if he doesn't have to? The point is, Miller doesn't have to play through it, so why disclose the injury? Keep him sidelined with an undisclosed upper body, and play him after he's healed up a bit. If it's a bruised collar bone, which I think was the consensus, then just sideline him for a little bit, and let him rest up before the playoffs.

And I'd rather keep Enroth and Miller together for at least a season, and see the kid play through an NHL season before we start trading anyone. I want to see how he handles an entire NHL season, or more than just the 10 NHL games that he has played in (9 this yr, and the 4 - 2 loss to Boston last yr).

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just offering up the idea that the team may not be disclosing it because, well, they just don't have to. Why force him to play through an injury if he doesn't have to?

At this point in the season I would supect that a majority of players are injured in some way or another. It just isn't a culture of disclosure. Most believe it is like painting a bullseye.

Should Leopold come back, I'm betting he gets slashed over the hands by his third shift.

At this point in the season I would supect that a majority of players are injured in some way or another. It just isn't a culture of disclosure. Most believe it is like painting a bullseye.

Should Leopold come back, I'm betting he gets slashed over the hands by his third shift.

Someone will target him one way or another.

You have basically said what I was trying to say, thanks...it's Friday, I'm at work, and I can't wait to get out!

Well, at least we know what Pegula's excuse will be in bringing back 98% of the roster and staff.

Maybe Miller failed the concussion test but doesn't have a concussion. He could have just shown signs of double vision. :blink:

What if they make a deep run or win it all? Will Pegula still need an excuse? This stinks as much as the "what the Sabres' excuse will be" comment from December in the Roy thread. Geez, whatever happened to rooting for the team and not worrying about what happens in the offseason? Or do I have to post that clip from Hoosiers AGAIN?

What nonsense, except yours in this post?

Who said "freebie" was a jab at Miller?

Hold up, how did we go from the miller is injured discussion to the if the sabres do well they wont change for next year discussion? They are not related and the Sabres already said that they will amke changes for the love of god ppl, relax and hope we win the cup this year or next year.

Hold up, how did we go from the miller is injured discussion to the if the sabres do well they wont change for next year discussion? They are not related and the Sabres already said that they will amke changes for the love of god ppl, relax and hope we win the cup this year or next year.

To paraphrase Flannery O'Connor, everything that is posted must converge. On this board, at least, apparently.

What if they make a deep run or win it all? Will Pegula still need an excuse? This stinks as much as the "what the Sabres' excuse will be" comment from December in the Roy thread. Geez, whatever happened to rooting for the team and not worrying about what happens in the offseason? Or do I have to post that clip from Hoosiers AGAIN?

I've already said that if the Sabres win a playoff series with this roster, management deserves to come back.

In the same sense, in Pegula's short history he has already trumpeted out the excuses for previous failures...and not very convincing ones at that.

If Miller is out for the next few weeks....built in excuse from as Ink puts it, "The Fanboi In Chief". I would assume that even if Miller plays or played out the season, the team would just hang on to make it or miss, and be lucky to take a series to 6 games. If it is Enroth all the way...."Oh woe is us....we were playing AWESOME and were a team of destiny until Ry-Ry went down."

For the League of Miserable Superheroes.....we can see the writing on the wall.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just offering up the idea that the team may not be disclosing it because, well, they just don't have to. Why force him to play through an injury if he doesn't have to? The point is, Miller doesn't have to play through it, so why disclose the injury? Keep him sidelined with an undisclosed upper body, and play him after he's healed up a bit. If it's a bruised collar bone, which I think was the consensus, then just sideline him for a little bit, and let him rest up before the playoffs.

And I'd rather keep Enroth and Miller together for at least a season, and see the kid play through an NHL season before we start trading anyone. I want to see how he handles an entire NHL season, or more than just the 10 NHL games that he has played in (9 this yr, and the 4 - 2 loss to Boston last yr).

I guess there is evidence in his AHL record, but I'd like to see how he performs after he gets lit up and pulled before I give him TO's key.

So Mike Schopp says he got a text for someone he trusts indicating that Miller was/is not on the flight to DC.

Wonder what the truth is?

I'll believe it if/only if GR55 sends me a disaster gram email. So far, no email.

But I clearly have my worry beads out.

If true, that loss in Toronto was even worse than first imagined.

Archived